Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

BenzoFM's Music thread

[Be...]

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Be...]

• [VC...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[76...]

Somebody, anybody, PLEASE tell me there's a media player that's like iTunes but ISN'T iTunes?

I can't bear it.  I may have done a complete Annakin Skywalker and turned to the dark side in a totally unconvincing way before slaughtering all the innocents that were using windows laptops, then telling my mentor that he shouldn't have ever understimated my power before actually showing that he hadn't done so at all, but I really cannot abide using iTunes as an mp3 player.  It's evil and belongs in hell.  No, worse, it belongs on a windows machine alongside wmp!

I don't care if I have to pay big for it on the apple store, but I need a media library functionality to organise and edit tunes on my Macbook.  Simple Mp3 player is rubbish, and it's £1.50!!!

Any suggestions welcome, and here's a tune for your efforts:

Gracias amigos :)

[76...]

So you're all just going to let me suffer iTunes without a single care that it might be the very catalyst to totally ruin my recovery and make me stay on valium forever. 

Gee.  Thanks.  I'll remember that when I'm walking past a river and see one of you heathens drowning in it.  ;D

So you're all just going to let me suffer iTunes without a single care that it might be the very catalyst to totally ruin my recovery and make me stay on valium forever. 

Gee.  Thanks.  I'll remember that when I'm walking past a river and see one of you heathens drowning in it.  ;D

Can you download Songbird?  I have it for my pc and mp3 player but it works on apple products, too.

Article here:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/10-mac-osx-music-player-altern-139519

[76...]

Will do pal, but you've sparked my interest now..

What's the deal with your ears, if you don't mind me asking?

J :)

Tinnitus.  Sizzles, hisses, grinds.  Migrates into my skull and becomes a vibration and sound in there at the same time. 

I use hearing aids to mask it when I can't take it anymore. 

By far my most persistent symptom. 

The only silence is when I'm sleeping which is not often.  Maybe it's silent, not sure. 

[76...]

Oh, so nothing TOO irritating and driving you mad, then!

As a gesture of solidarity for a brother with an earache that's an arseache, I'm going to stand with you today and not listen to any music and not touch my guitars until 11am tomorrow.

If the universe isn't giving you hassle-free hearing today then I'm not giving it any music today.  (it's like consumer power but I'm hoping it works on a quantum level, too)

I hope you find some literal peace & quiet and a rest from those symptoms, man!

J :hug:

Oh, so nothing TOO irritating and driving you mad, then!

As a gesture of solidarity for a brother with an earache that's an arseache, I'm going to stand with you today and not listen to any music and not touch my guitars until 11am tomorrow.

If the universe isn't giving you hassle-free hearing today then I'm not giving it any music today.  (it's like consumer power but I'm hoping it works on a quantum level, too)

I hope you find some literal peace & quiet and a rest from those symptoms, man!

J :hug:

Thank you!  It's not quiet but the just been in a car crash feeling is better today.

• 1 month later...

i heard this song yesterday on the FM radio on my favorite radio station that plays classic rock i heard this song 100s of times on radio before over the last 10 years  i never knew the name of it till yesterday the DJ said the name of the song  i quickly texted that name to my cell phone Some Judas priest from 1981 headin out to the highway !!  :yippee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoDbAd4fYBA

i heard this song yesterday on the FM radio on my favorite radio station that plays classic rock i heard this song 100s of times on radio before over the last 10 years  i never knew the name of it till yesterday the DJ said the name of the song  i quickly texted that name to my cell phone Some Judas priest from 1981 headin out to the highway !!  :yippee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoDbAd4fYBA

Great pick Katie. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

i havnt heard this song in a few years until earlier today i first heard this song back in 2008 on a xbox 360 game guitar hero3 it  brought back ole drinkin memories this song was on my playlist of my computer in the tool room that i used to play music to drink to  The stone roses from 1989 , she bangs the drums !!

• 4 weeks later...

there are mixes that I was listening when I was tapering/ others when I was off

I found those mixes from the past to be too traumatic-event triggering / so I am constantly /discovering / new ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjX0QE_l8U

and yes

Its truly a blessing to feel this magic to be connected to music///

words can't describe it <3

v :smitten:

hi vasilla,  nice post

thats a nice song

i havnt heard this song in years i heard it awhile ago i couldnt remember the name of the band / song it finally just randomly poped up in my memory ! from the '80s The Cult - She sells sanctuary !

thats strange does a song you havnt heard in years randomly pop up in your head ?

i was washing some dishes i havnt heard this song in like 10 years this song used to be in a chevy truck commercial back then.

some bob segar like a rock