Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

BenzoFM's Music thread

[Be...]

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Be...]

• [VC...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell happened to great bands?

Hi Ama,

What is some of the music that you like?  I curious to hear a great band.

Please post something.....

Thanks,

FluterByee :smitten:

Hi FB !

You have been doing a great job of posting links to great bands. Heart is definitely a great band!

I am almost 54 and I seem to like a lot of the same bands that you and Benzoid like. Most of the best rock bands from the 60's through the 80's come to mind. Some of my favs are; Floyd, Zep, Rush, Genesis, Santana, Kansas, and on and on .....

Get well soon FB !  :smitten: 

Even if it is good music you get tired of the same stuff constantly. Unfortunately, most of today's rock music is not very good. What the hell happened to great bands? I don't say that cause I am older and unable to appreciate other kinds of music, just that no one can seem to write original music with lyrics that make much sense anymore. A lot of bands playing remakes of older rock bands lately. Kinda depressing, really....

Agreed there.  I constantly had issues with my wife over this, where she'd send me "great tunes" that I'd already heard done before by someone far better at it.  Not covers, you understand, I'm talking about churned-out garbage that was all over the show musically and lyrically was about as meaningful as kicking yourself in the nuts.  :D

I curious to hear a great band.

Off the top of my head...

The Doors, Rolling Stones, Primal Scream, Massive Attack, Floyd, Stone Roses, Dylan, Hendrix, The Charlatans, Happy Mondays, Credence, The Eagles, The Cure, Bowie, Death in Vegas, Duran Duran, Faith No More, Fleetwood Mac, Guns n Roses, The Clash, The Jam, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Madness, Nirvana, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, The Specials, Squeeze, The Stranglers, White Stripes, ZZ top, AC/DC, The Beach Boys, All American Rejects, The Beautiful South, Bob Marley, Thirteen Senses, Crowded House, Cream, Coldplay (even though they're a one-trick-pony).

;)

Most of the best rock bands from the 60's through the 80's come to mind. Some of my favs are; Floyd, Zep, Rush, Genesis, Santana, Kansas, and on and on .....

Get well soon FB !  :smitten:

Thanks Ama,

I Love all kinds of music oldies, to newbies, and some of my fav's are from some of the bands you listed above.  This has a way of distracting and I could go on and on and on..lol.

Fluter :smitten:

Oooh I like that one.  Look at em all neat & tidy.  All American boys for sure :D

This one's for you in return:

:hug:

Even if it is good music you get tired of the same stuff constantly. Unfortunately, most of today's rock music is not very good. What the hell happened to great bands? I don't say that cause I am older and unable to appreciate other kinds of music, just that no one can seem to write original music with lyrics that make much sense anymore. A lot of bands playing remakes of older rock bands lately. Kinda depressing, really....

Agreed there.  I constantly had issues with my wife over this, where she'd send me "great tunes" that I'd already heard done before by someone far better at it.  Not covers, you understand, I'm talking about churned-out garbage that was all over the show musically and lyrically was about as meaningful as kicking yourself in the nuts.  :D

I curious to hear a great band.

Off the top of my head...

The Doors, Rolling Stones, Primal Scream, Massive Attack, Floyd, Stone Roses, Dylan, Hendrix, The Charlatans, Happy Mondays, Credence, The Eagles, The Cure, Bowie, Death in Vegas, Duran Duran, Faith No More, Fleetwood Mac, Guns n Roses, The Clash, The Jam, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Madness, Nirvana, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, The Specials, Squeeze, The Stranglers, White Stripes, ZZ top, AC/DC, The Beach Boys, All American Rejects, The Beautiful South, Bob Marley, Thirteen Senses, Crowded House, Cream, Coldplay (even though they're a one-trick-pony).

;)

Damn Zoid, your memory can't be anywhere near as bad as mine to type in all of those bands! I would have had to go look at my cd collection to do that right now. Sad but true. GReat list BTW, I have music from about 3/4's of that list!  :thumbsup:

Damn Zoid, your memory can't be anywhere near as bad as mine to type in all of those bands! I would have had to go look at my cd collection to do that right now. Sad but true. GReat list BTW, I have music from about 3/4's of that list!  :thumbsup:

Well, it's pretty bad for new things, but that's stuff that's become a part of me over 30+yrs, and for some reason I have a freaky ability to remember song lyrics and phone numbers.  Outside of that I forget my own address sometimes :D

I had a feeling you'd like most of those, too. :thumbsup:

Ama,

Don't let Zoid fool ya....He probably jotted all those down while looking at his Ipod....lol ;)  Who you tryin to kid boy?

FB ;)

for some reason I have a freaky ability to remember song lyrics and phone numbers. 

Okay......Rainman :laugh: you go on with your freaky bad self!

Okay, I did not give ZZ Top permission to use my pre*Benzo legs in this video...who do I need to speak with about this :laugh:

Enjoy Rainman.............lol

ZZ TOP

"Rough Boy"

Ama,

Don't let Zoid fool ya....He probably jotted all those down while looking at his Ipod....lol ;)  Who you tryin to kid boy?

FB ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

for some reason I have a freaky ability to remember song lyrics and phone numbers. 

Look pal, I don't mind being called a liar (actually I do but bear with me).. but if you ever, EVER dare claim that I use Apple products I'll rain down a world of pain on yo' Texan hide. :D

Oooh... you're flaunting it, asking for it, begging for it, and you'll get it just you wait and see. ;)

Okay, I did not give ZZ Top permission to use my pre*Benzo legs in this video...who do I need to speak with about this :laugh:

Enjoy Rainman.............lol

ZZ TOP

"Rough Boy"

Dang FB - email me some pictures would ya !  lol !!  :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D:thumbsup:

Great band & great tune !!

Dang FB - email me some pictures would ya !  lol !!  :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D:thumbsup:

Okay, Ama.....I'm gonna email you some glasses....did ya not see where I said PRE BENZO legs.  Benzo's have robbed me.  I'm now a stick figure...lol.  And, that's just a big ewwww :laugh:

I happen to love that song!

Pre benzo pics are fine !! Lol !

Ya gotta love the pretty ladies in Texas and their accents !!

Look pal, I don't mind being called a liar (actually I do but bear with me).. but if you ever, EVER dare claim that I use Apple products I'll rain down a world of pain on yo' Texan hide. :D

Look yourself pal...get you underoo's out of a bunch ;) Just exactly where did I call you a liar......apparently you need glasses just like Ama.  I  merely implied that you may have had some assistance.  Oh my bad....from your MP3 playa...lol.  Fell a bit like makin some threats do ya....hmm, well than.  Wait for it.......Wait for it.......

Oooh... you're flaunting it, asking for it, begging for it, and you'll get it just you wait and see.

Promises, Promises,!!!!!  Are ya tired of waiting yet....cause here ya go....Texas style >:D:laugh:>:D;)

Blake Shelton

"Kiss My Country Ask"  ;) 

FlaminFluter  >:D:angel:

Pre benzo pics are fine !! Lol !

Ya gotta love the pretty ladies in Texas and their accents !!

Well, I've definitely got the accent ;)

Hey congratulation's on being Benzo free.  Way ta go :clap:

Here's on for you Ama:

Blake Shelton and Trace Adkins

"Hillbilly Bone"  It's just silly :thumbsup:

FB :smitten:

Thanks FB. Looks like you are pretty close yourself. You seem like you have a great attitude and I think that helps a lot in making it thru this mindfuck. Get well soon ! :smitten:

Oooh... you're flaunting it, asking for it, begging for it, and you'll get it just you wait and see. ;)

Ummmm, Hmmm, I think I will be backing down now sir....cause from the looks of this video you just threw me to a gang.....No thank you very much :P  Harsh :tickedoff:

AWOLNATION

"Sail"

FB :P

Thanks FB. Looks like you are pretty close yourself. You seem like you have a great attitude and I think that helps a lot in making it thru this mindfuck. Get well soon ! :smitten:

Actually Ama,

I've just started my taper....and I'm a big baby.  I no likie any of the stuff that goes along with this, and I have a long way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm tapering at a snails pace and at that rate by the time I'm finished I will have one foot on a banana peel and one foot in the grave.

Getting hit w*SX's, and trying to fake my way through this nightmare!

Here's to Benzo's....the devil drug  >:D >:D>:D >:D

Muse

"MADNESS"

Buffalo Springfield

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY‎

Hey Green,

I had forgotten about this song. I really like it. Thanx for sharing.

FB :thumbsup:

John Mayer

"Waiting on the World to Change"

"No Such Thing" And, where's the fun in staying inside the lines!!!

"Your Bodies a Wonderland"

FB :smitten:

Look yourself pal...get you underoo's out of a bunch ;) Just exactly where did I call you a liar......apparently you need glasses just like Ama.  I  merely implied that you may have had some assistance.  Oh my bad....from your MP3 playa...lol.  Fell a bit like makin some threats do ya....hmm, well than.  Wait for it.......Wait for it.......

Honestly, they were all from memory.  I'm a musician, after all.  I know my stuff.  ;)

I also know a crazy Texan when I come across one.  :-*

BFM, tired and forlorn, brings a happier ending to its earlier solemn playist:

I Just Want To Celebrate - Rare Earth.

:)