Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Nurse Jackie

[ro...]

The new season (6) is very interesting, specially with her oldest daughter and Jackie using again. Don't miss it.

Rock

Yes, I absolutely love that show! Not too long ago I started a thread about it. It ended up in discussions about hospitals, doctors and administration type issues. That is not where I meant it to go.

I can't believe she is using again, looks like she is headed for a fall. That teenage daughter needs a wake up call. What a dysfunctional family huh? Plus she was dreaming about the pharmacist...interesting. She sure can make friends fast with pharmacists too. LMAO

Love it, love it!

It 's kind of sad to see the things she goes thru to hide her addiction and her pills. I feel for her. Thor the male nurse said he has been taking Zolofot for 5 years and Gloria the administration lady is on Depakote.

What a hospital!!!!

It's not real...is not real, I have to remember that LOL

Having worked in hospitals in real life I have to tell you that is very much reality, except for the nurse that functions very well in the ER while popping so many pills. It might work for a while but not for long when someone gets wise to it or she starts to be totally dysfunctional! I know all too well, I was on all that klonopin working full time as a nurse in a critical care unit, until it started NOT working too well at all! Scary I know. Most of the nurses I worked with were on Lexapro. I think that is fine as long as you aren't on a benzo long term. People work and function just fine on antidepressants. Now Depakote is a different story all together!

Like you say, the show is not real. I just watch it in amazement though! I love the doctor/nurse romance and I cracked up at the female intern and her trysts with the other ER doctor, now that is definitely an exaggeration of circumstances...but sex does happen in hospitals, like everywhere else!

If the show was more realistic, it would not show Jackie functioning so highly as a nurse...AND certainly not being asked to mentor a doctor. I don't want to debate all that, I just love the show and all the drama.  :D

Right, Katia. And she never would have been able to work on a medical floor where there were drugs if she had been through a rehab, would she?  My sister is a nurse and told me nurses have to work in places where they don't have access to narcotics after rehab.  Is that true?  Or is it a state law?

They can work where the meds are, they  just are not allowed to have access to narcotics without close supervision!

Good to know.  My friend's daughter is having major drug issues and he's afraid her license is gone

I remember going to the ER by ambulance 5 years ago when I c/t Xanax ( didn't know at the time what was happening to me) The ENT girl that rode with me in the ambulance told me  she took anxiety pills, I still remember the name, she was taking Traxene, twice a day.

When I got to the ER..2 nurses that took care of me..told me they also took pills.

On the other hand my husband was a Cop for 23 years and saw terrible things and have never taken a pill in his life.

Go figure!!!!!!

Rock

I remember going to the ER by ambulance 5 years ago when I c/t Xanax ( didn't know at the time what was happening to me) The ENT girl that rode with me in the ambulance told me  she took anxiety pills, I still remember the name, she was taking Traxene, twice a day.

When I got to the ER..2 nurses that took care of me..told me they also took pills.

On the other hand my husband was a Cop for 23 years and saw terrible things and have never taken a pill in his life.

Go figure!!!!!!

Rock

I think nurses and people in the medical profession have a really hard job and they're around a lot of medication.  My ex is a retired cop and he never took medications, but he did drink.  Plenty of alcoholic cops.  They deal with their stress in a different way I guess.

My hubby is retired military policeman(we are Air Force retired) He was in Vietnam for a year.  No pills , he doesn't drink and he's a very lay back fellow. I envy him!!!!!! We live in Colorado where Mjj is legal, he will never partake on that.

Lucky me LOL

Yes, lucky you!

So Ms. Rock, what do you think will happen with Jackie next? I love, love, love the cop guy that she is dating. I wouldn't mind being in her shoes at all. I think cops are sexy!

I'm afraid she is going to screw it up with him. That teenage daughter makes my blood boil! I'm glad I have a DVR, I need to watch the last episode over. Love the male nurse Thor too, he is a riot!

Well Miss Katia...Saw previews for Sundays show and its going to be a good one! In the last episode she was doing a lot of cocaine with the guy she met at the bar(and had a lot of sex with him..eww) Anyways she borrowed a Jacket that belong to the guys girlfriend to wear to the dinner with her ex-husband and his girlfriend, at the dinner she found out the ex-husband and girlfriend are having a baby (OMG)

Jackie was high as a kite. She found a credit card in the pocket of the borrowed jacket and they show her going crazy shopping.

So I think she's going to be found out and all hell is going to brake loose!!!!!I cant wait for Sunday. I wish the show was an hour instead of 1/2 hour.

Her daughter who needs to be slap silly...what a littler bitch! she's going to get worse. But something terrible is going to happened to her..I know.

We have to talk again after we see this episode!!!

Love this crap!!!!!!!!!

Hope you're doing well Miss Katia!!!

Rocki