Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

who's your favorite star wars character, and episodes?

[88...]

[88...]

I'll start.

Favorite character: Anakin Skywalker.

Favorite episodes (order from best to worst):

Eps 3, eps 6, eps 5, eps 2, eps 3, eps 1.

I like the old Star Wars movies with Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.  I still think the first one is my favorite, I remember standing in line to see it.

PG

Obi Wan.  Outright Jedi hardcase (whopped Anakin's butt) but also a thoroughly nice bloke, very smart and the force is strong with him.

Yoda just annoys me speaking backwards.

I'm glad you didn't ask which is our least favourite droid because I'd have spent my whole evening obsessively listing my complaints  about C3P0!

B :)

[88...]

Obi Wan.  Outright Jedi hardcase (whopped Anakin's butt) but also a thoroughly nice bloke, very smart and the force is strong with him.

Yoda just annoys me speaking backwards.

I'm glad you didn't ask which is our least favourite droid because I'd have spent my whole evening obsessively listing my complaints  about C3P0!

well yoda is 900 years old, cut him some slack  ;) "When 900 you are, look so good, you shall not."  :laugh:

Indeed on the droid. :) i felt like C3P0 was the original trilogies' equivalent to the pre-quils Jarjar Binks. Except not quite as bad as Jarjar. Or...,was he??  :o

I'm  going there.....who's more annoying? C3P0, or JarJar Binks? Who would win in a fight?!

Indeed. :) i felt like C3P0 was the original trilogies' equivalent to the pre-quils Jarjar Binks.

Totally agreed.

Except not quite as bad as Jarjar. Or...,was he??  :o

Well.. since you're going there..

I'm  going there.....who's more annoying? C3P0, or JarJar Binks? Who would win in a fight?!

I'm too tempted not to reply..

For me 3P0 is THE most annoying by far, not just more annoying that JJB 'moi moi humility and err' <grinding teeth already>.. but on a whole new level of utterly pointless and unnecessary character who's only real achievements in the whole universe was to shake like a leaf in front of Jabba, poorly translate some Ewok language and then almost get everyone killed because of his stupid etiquette protocols about not impersonating deities, and have is eye pulled out by a snidy little laughing rat!.

That's not to say that Jar Jar wasn't annoying, because he was, BIG time, it's just that I only had to put up with it in episode 1, with a little part in episode 2.

3P0, on the other hand, oh god we had to tolerate it from day one, from childhood to adulthood, constantly whinging, stupid, pointless, scared, whimpy, idiotic, problem-causing, selfish, annoying (especially in episode 2 before & during the droid battle), irritating, stuck-up, snobby, irresponsible...  GGGGAAAAHHHHH.

I'm sorry I have to stop and go pour battery acid in my eyes for some relief.

:oXo:

Deep breaths.. deeeep breaths, B.

Edit..

A) I'm actually having a genuine anxiety attack thinking about 3P0.  30yrs of his annoying voice.  Why didn't someone just lightsabre his head off and leave it on Tatooine in episode 4 and save us the misery, the cringing, the utter antagonistic nature of that stupid gold bricked waste of space.

B )SHUUUUUTTTT UUUUPPP 3P0.  Every time I watched my beloved movies, there you were talking utter rubbish in your irritating butler voice, and there I was telling you to shut up constantly.  At least 50 times each for eps 4-6 did I have to tolerate it.  Then at least 30 times a piece for eps 1-3.  3P0, you ruined my childhood and have affected me long into my adulthood.

C) I think I need psychotherapy.  :crazy:

Aw, I like C3P0, he reminds me of bling, lots of bling.  ;D Where would R2 be without him. 

[88...]

Oh snap, i think i Just discovered benzoid's emotional weakness....sorry dude!  :laugh: Just let it out, you'll be ok.  :thumbsup:

Alright i agree totally with every point benzoid makes on C3P0, but i raised the question so i have to chime in, i think C3P0  is.....better (ugh)..,.than Jar Jar.  BECAUSE, and only because, at least he does contribute to the plot, example ewoks think he's God. Also, he provides implied  language to r2d2 (who, i must say, is badass and probably saved everyone at some point,).

But Jarjar not only didn't add to the plot, he actually got in the way of it....like i littlerally remember a scene of the main characters eating at a table and having some kind of relevant conversation that i wanted to hear. ...when jarjar busted in and interrupted them with some nonsense that didn't develop the plot.  >:(

Let's pray neither of them return in eps 7...

-tor

Aw, I like C3P0, he reminds me of bling, lots of bling.  ;D Where would R2 be without him.

Easy to answer is that one...  R2 would have been way further ahead had 3P0 not constantly dragged him backwards and wasted his time, interfering with his work to constantly save everyone's life.

"It must be your fault R2D2."  Blah blah, whatever you gold headed baffoon.  This sad excuse for a droid projects his own incompetence onto our favorite bullet shaped bot time and again, through all 6 flicks.

Can 3PO shut down garbage compactors to prevent certain death?  No.  Can he save the ship leaving Coruscant from being shot out of space by the Trade Federation?  No.  Did 3PO deliver Princess Leia's critically important hologram to Obi Wan and Luke, thereby enlisting them to destroy the Death Star?  No.

I'm sorry.. if I ever get to meet George Lucas I'm going to have serious words with him for inventing this abomination of a robot.  And his rubbish directing skills but that's another issue entirely.

I really should avoid this thread from now on.  :crazy:

Oh snap, i think i Just discovered benzoid's emotional weakness....sorry dude!  :laugh: Just let it out, you'll be ok.  :thumbsup:

Yes I think you have, Tor.  3P0 is my Kryptonite, except with extra radioactivity. ;)

Alright i agree totally with every point benzoid makes on C3P0, but i raised the question so i have to chime in, i think C3P0  is.....better (ugh)..,.than Jar Jar.  BECAUSE, and only because, at least he does contribute to the plot, example ewoks think he's God. Also, he provides implied  language to r2d2 (who, i must say, is badass and probably saved everyone at some point,).

Ah yes, but in fact it was Luke's idea and use of his Force powers that made the Ewoks think he who I will no longer name was a deity.  The gold baffoon had nothing to do with that, other than to cry and whimper like a baby when Luke lifted his chair into the air. 

Let's pray neither of them return in eps 7...

Oh no.. up until now that hadn't occurred to me.  Ooooooh no.  Please.  No.  God please no.  :oXo:

Edit, I've just checked and Anthony Daniels is signed-up for ep7, so that can mean only one traumatic, inevitable outcome.  However, if there's a repeat of ep5 where gold failure gets smashed to pieces by some Stormtroopers.. MAYBE I could watch it just to see that, for some therapy.  Actually I'm going to put on that scene now and cool down.

Wow this thread has really got my juices flowing again :D

[88...]

Wow this thread has really got my juices flowing again :D

Good (I think), I think we all need weird distraction some times  :laugh:

P.S. off the record....Darth Vader used to scare me into tears when I was about, 5. I had to run out of the room everytime he came on the screen while my brother was watching the originals....good times!  :D 

That's funny, because that's what I feel like doing when 3P0 comes on the screen ;)

Seriously, though, putting my obsessive neurosis aside, I'm looking forward to ep7.. it should be a good flick with JJ Abrams at the helm and some cutting-edge special effects, not to mention seeing the old cast again.

I'm glad you started this thread actually, it's got me all excited again about the new trilogy, and yes it has allowed me to let off some steam about goldbricker.  Thanks for allowing me a few posts to get it all out. :thumbsup:

[88...]

That's funny, because that's what I feel like doing when 3P0 comes on the screen ;)

Seriously, though, putting my obsessive neurosis aside, I'm looking forward to ep7.. it should be a good flick with JJ Abrams at the helm and some cutting-edge special effects, not to mention seeing the old cast again.

I'm glad you started this thread actually, it's got me all excited again about the new trilogy, and yes it has allowed me to let off some steam about goldbricker.  Thanks for allowing me a few posts to get it all out. :thumbsup:

Eh no problem. I'm looking forward to eps 7 myself. Will you see it in theater? I was thinking of going and dressing up as a Jedi just for fun. Anakin is a simple costume....he's not too manly looking, maybe i can pull it off, some gender bending.

Eh no problem. I'm looking forward to eps 7 myself. Will you see it in theater? I was thinking of going and dressing up as a Jedi just for fun. Anakin is a simple costume....he's not too manly looking, maybe i can pull it off, some gender bending.

I'm definitely going to see it on the big screen.  Normally I'm happy with my monitor but for certain films like this, Avatar and The Hobbit etc, I feel it has to be a big screen.

I reckon you'll pass off as Anakin, he had long hair and looked a bit girly anyway.

Just don't forget your lightsaber. ;)

favorite character i would have to say Mark Hamill from the first star wars,

BUT !! from how he looks now it looks like he switched to the DARK SIDE of the force !!  :laugh::2funny: