Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Funny (or sad?) thing I saw on facebook

[ho...]

To the right of the screen where Facebook shows advertisments and suggestions and stuff, I noticed something I haven't seen before:

One of my friend's names with a little comment that says "John Doe.  He only has 2 friends.  Suggest friends for him?"

It just comes across as so pitiful.  I half expect them to say something like "John Doe only has 1 friend.  He's kind of a loser.  Will you be his friend?"

Course, it is 1:30 in the morning and my humor is weird.

:crazy:

I don't do facebook, a lady I work with and also went to highschool with tells me she's on there with all of the old highschool gang. I've often wondered why the bond we formed in school is so strong? 

To the right of the screen where Facebook shows advertisments and suggestions and stuff, I noticed something I haven't seen before:

One of my friend's names with a little comment that says "John Doe.  He only has 2 friends.  Suggest friends for him?"

It just comes across as so pitiful.  I half expect them to say something like "John Doe only has 1 friend.  He's kind of a loser.  Will you be his friend?"

Course, it is 1:30 in the morning and my humor is weird.

:crazy:

That came up on mine last night for my dad. Poor guy only has 17 friends. Of course, he has a llife outside of the computer.

• 5 years later...

I'm out of this non sense game....facebook....

if you look deep within your soul and ask yourself what i want from Facebook with pure honesty...

it will be:

tons of friends, that people will like my quotes, that they love me....

what i really need its that i will love myself no matter what other people think of me...

and that my best friend would be a God,,,,

and once i have it ...i automatically have the right people in my life.....

take care

love :smitten:

I hate FB. It's a sad state of affairs when people judge other people by how many "cyber-friends" they have, or think that they are soooo successful and popular because they have hundreds/thousands of Fake Book friends. I'll take real life any day.

I taught for 35 years and many of my former students are FB 'friends'.  I love seeing them grow up and go to college, get jobs, have kids, etc.  The 'grownups' ... meh.