Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tornadoes

[Fl...]

The news this morning is full of a tally of lives lost and devastation from the tornadoes ripping through the lower Midwest and Southern US states.

Just offering a place of support and empathy to those affected, directly or indirectly. I so clearly remember how I felt last year when the F5 was only 8 miles from my house. Even though I didn't suffer any direct damage, I felt emotionally adrift and needed to connect.

Tell us your stories of loss and survival.

It's going to be another rough day today for some of you. I hope everyone is able to stay safe and weather aware.

:smitten:

Flip

My heart goes out to everyone affected by these terrible storms.  Please stay safe, those of you that are in the path of the tornadoes.

pianogirl

My heart goes out to all those who are affected, directly or indirectly.  Heartbreaking to see the devastation on the news.

Challis  :smitten:

I am utterly fascinated by tornadoes. I see them in my dreams. Seriously.

Back in the late 90's I was a few miles away from being hit by one of the big, devastating twisters that touched down here in FL. It actually hit a restaurant I was eating at just a few hours after I was there and cut a path between rental properties I had scattered over town and passed just a couple of miles from where I was sleeping before killing a dozen or so people in a nearby subdivision (ironically I now live in that subdivision).

I drove by the front of that subdivision, which was one of the areas that was hit hardest and I will never forget the raw devastation- it literally looked like someone had detonated a nuclear weapon. Buildings were leveled, trees were stripped of all of their leaves and bark and splintered into nothing. Cars were toppled like toys. A friend of mine was managing a grocery store in that area and one of the videos that is shown on those "craziest videos" shows on tv shows him and a bunch of customers and employees running toward the back of the store right as the windows were blown in.

Scary stuff.

about 20 yr ago one hit in my grandparents neighborhood. it missed their street but acrooss the street from theirs it looked bad, theyre so scar y. i hate lightning, too.

I've been suffering from all the torrential downpours in my state of PA.  I live in an old mobile home and I had three roof leaks this past week and my floors and walls got wet from three days of continuous heavy rain.  I had four roof leaks last summer with rain pouring into my living room area.  I live alone and this is so frightening for me, finding water leaks all over the place from the severe weather.  Before the benzo's, I could go up and coat my roof myself and make sure my home was kept up.  Now I can't even drive to go get caulking or materials or do the work, I'm so weak and dizzy all the time.  My male friends are too busy to help me, though they say they will.  I used old paint today to try to caulk my one door so it wouldn't leak again. Can't drive to go out to get caulking.  I put some old plastic on the roof in three spots with rocks to keep the rain from coming in again.  I don't have money for the roof repairs.  I lost my job and am on disability now from these damn benzo's.  I'm so screwed now.  No wonder I'm not healing from this w/d?  Too much stress on me everyday.