Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Blackbox

[Kl...]

Did you watch the BlackBox tonight [Thursday] on ABC at 10pm? Tonight was the season premiere of BlackBox!!!

What is your feedback? Comments ? Reviews? Favorite Quotes? Favorite parts of Kiss the sky episode 1?

It's a great new tv series with Dr Catherine Black, a neuroscientist, who secretly has a bipolar disorder and meets with her psychiatrist and mother figure, Dr Helen Hartramph,which gives an extraordinary plot, understanding of mental illness and a newfound perspective."

Does anyone know where I can find the full speech that Dr. Catherine Black gave at the neuroscientist convention/ conference / symposium that started with Van Gogh Starry Nights painting and ends in "should they have been medicated into mediocrity"???????????

Other great quotes:

" I study extraordinary brains so I can understand normal ones."

" The brain is the ultimate mystery that's why it's called the blackbox."

http://abc.go.com/shows/black-box

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Box_(TV_series)

I am withdrawaling cold turkey from Klonopin/ Clonzapam 1mg x 2 times a day for 7 years due to anxiety and ptsd triggered by life events : divorce, single mom full custody of my daughter, high stress fast past corporate career, best friend died of colon cancer in 9 weeks from colon cancer.

I have not had any Klonopin/Clonzapam in over 30 days and I feel that writing and journaling are the only outlets I have to distract me from The Black Box of withdrawal!

I am a 38 year old educated woman and am an exceptional Mom!

I am having a really difficult time withdrawing from klonopin/ Clonzapam that doctors have been prescribing to me for over 7 years!  My new doctor will not prescribe klonopin / Clonzapam to treat my anxiety and ptsd and does not believe in the Ashton manual tapering process! Doctors at that klonopin is an old medication and my state is too close to Mexico and people locally have used klonopin as a new drug.

I don't have a support system where I can trust anyone to talk to about my withdrawal from klonopin and my family and college friends and high school friends are all 3000 Miles away. My friends locally all have their own lives and wouldn't understand. I have a lot of good friends both male and female, but no one I can trust to talk to and confide in.

Where can I turn to for a support system????

What advice do you have in feeling "normal" again?????

Can anyone relate to my story????

I think you found a great support system with benzo buddies. There are many members going through exactly what you are going through. When will you feel normal again? Unfortunately there is no crystal ball to predict that. We are all unique in our withdrawal journey. I personally know how horrible withdrawal symptoms can be. I myself went through a horrific withdrawal five months ago. As awful as symptoms are they are only temporary and they will pass.

Has anyone experienced Kindling???

What exactly is Kindling???

Has anyone ever felt like Klonopin or any other Benzo that when reinstated the prescription did not work as well as it did in the past?

From what I have read and experienced personally through multiple withdrawals from Klonopin 2mg for Anxiety and PTSD, Kindling is the neurological condition which results from repeated withdrawal episodes from Klonopin.

I am 31 days off of Klonopin 1mg x 2x a day cold turkey and this withdrawal is the worst!

Thank you so much for your feedback!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative-hypnotic_withdrawal)

Did you watch the BlackBox tonight [Thursday] on ABC at 10pm? Tonight was the season premiere of BlackBox!!!

What is your feedback? Comments ? Reviews? Favorite Quotes? Favorite parts of Kiss the sky episode 1?

It's a great new tv series with Dr Catherine Black, a neuroscientist, who secretly has a bipolar disorder and meets with her psychiatrist and mother figure, Dr Helen Hartramph,which gives an extraordinary plot, understanding of mental illness and a newfound perspective."

Does anyone know where I can find the full speech that Dr. Catherine Black gave at the neuroscientist convention/ conference / symposium that started with Van Gogh Starry Nights painting and ends in "should they have been medicated into mediocrity"???????????

Other great quotes:

" I study extraordinary brains so I can understand normal ones."

" The brain is the ultimate mystery that's why it's called the blackbox."

http://abc.go.com/shows/black-box

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Box_(TV_series)