Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

post if you love your cats!

[dc...]

[dc...]
Ive got 4 of them - one is my avatar here. Whenever im not feeling well, she seems to know, and will curl up onto me and nap, sometimes bring me a toy. I actually talk to my cats; not in a high-level way, but i just say ridiculous things to them. I'm sure they think I'm ridiculous  :idiot: gotta love em, id be so lonely without them.

I have three… all are SPCA rescues.  Two are a brother/sister pair six months old, the 'baby' of the group is four months old.  Love 'em to bits.  There's a kitten/cat thread somewhere with a bunch of pics.  I'm going to snap a pic of my three and post it…if I can corral them…  ::)  They have the morning zoomies right now.

[dc...]

They are so cute, challis, esp the one with the smudge on the nose  :) those are fun ages.  I'm glad that you rescue. Ours are all kinda rescue too - 1 actually taken from the shelter at age 15 (a year later,  you'd never know shes 16) and the other 3, were kitten strays (my mom has their mother).

I'll try post some pics later.

-tor

[dc...]

Cats cannot be trusted.  They're here only to take over the world through hypnosis.  We are their pets. ;)

I think this is kinda true lol

Cats cannot be trusted.  They're here only to take over the world through hypnosis.  We are their pets. ;)

I think this is kinda true lol

I think it is.  I think I might only perceive mine as cute because I'm under some kitty induced thought control.

They are so stinky and always puking. I could do without the piles of puke in the morning.

Oh Challis.... what a cutie!  Mine is a Lynx Point Siamese... a really pretty girl.  We've had a tough year this last year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, an awful illness with cats.  To say, after traveling this journey with my husband from benzos, and he just coming out "of the woods", then our sweet girl being hit with this... it's been a nightmare.  Things have been up and down trying to get her stable, but with compounding pharmacies not have constancy with the transdermal med, its been rough.

Our girl Mandy, who was abused, showed up 15.5 years ago, with a very vocal mouth, terrified of every person, with her beautiful sky blue eyes and markings.  I won her over eventually..  She is the sweetest dearest little girl one could ever have.  Finally, my husband won her over, so I knew it was a male who terrified her with abuse.  She's our girl, and she's been through a lot this last year.

But, we take one day at a time.. If symptoms flare up, I have enough knowledge from this journey, forget that syringe - got to the next.

Mandy will be 16 in May, the "chosen" birthday, though pretty much right on.  So May Day is her birthday.

This little girl has always had one big mouth.  Different octaves, from  "I've gone to the bathroom", "get away from the laundry room, I need to go", "I need to eat", "I want to go lay in the sun".... You name it, this girl has been a talker from the get go.  Unfortunately, with h-thyroidism, they get into yowling.... and with missy big mouth already...  omg.. it's over the top,.

So... we take care of our lovely little Mandy, give her lots of love.. and she learned to love us and give kisses back.  She's our girl!

The smudgy nosed one, Sugar, is definitely in the 'cats cannot be trusted' category.  Today I clipped kitty claws and had to pillowcase her to do it.  It was kinda fun.  Well, for me.  Not so much for her.  The other cats watched with obvious amusement.

pattylu, it's so sad when our pets get sick.  We hadn't had any pets for a few years because all ours reached old age about the same time.  It's incredibly hard to lose them.  I hope Mandy has a happy birthday on May Day. 

[dc...]
[dc...]

We've had a tough year this last year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, an awful illness with cats.  To say, after traveling this journey with my husband from benzos, and he just coming out "of the woods", then our sweet girl being hit with this... it's been a nightmare.  Things have been up and down trying to get her stable, but with compounding pharmacies not have constancy with the transdermal med, its been rough.

Sincerely sorry to hear it.  She's lucky to have you, though.  You are her angel.

I've helped to rehabilitate a few cats in my life, when I lived with my parents as a kid.  They had many.  Force feeding mostly.  Lost a lot of them too.  A few to disease, many to old age.  It's always hard.  I still cry when I remember my Ook-a-pook (nickname) -- black and gray tabby I had since I was 6 or 7.  Best cat I ever had, and always by my side.  She lived to the ripe age of 18 and died gracefully.  I still keep her collar.

Oscar - your cat Oscar looks almost identical to my cat Oscar (I think that's the most times I've used the word Oscar in one sentence..lol).

Oscar - your cat Oscar looks almost identical to my cat Oscar (I think that's the most times I've used the word Oscar in one sentence..lol).

;D  :smitten:

Is Oscar cooler then scorchy? Just wondering if my impression is right. Then again I guess you must like him best if you took his name.

Is Oscar cooler then scorchy? Just wondering if my impression is right. Then again I guess you must like him best if you took his name.

Oscar is a rescue cat, found him when he was just a couple of months old and his sister also (she had heart failure a few weeks ago and I had to have her put to sleep, she was about 14 years old) Oscar is now getting older also and he has asthma so I had to get him an inhaler and it really helps him, he's amazing and very, very loving and he adores me and so, yes, he's very special to me, his nephew is a cutie though and I love him just as much... they are so close and they both sleep on my bed most nights, I love my cats more than anything.

Hi Oscar,

Your pudds are absolutely adorable! I love the black markings on Scorchy's nose and lips, so cute.

I'm sorry about your wee girl. Did she have cardiomyopathy? My cat Forrest was a cardio cat too.

Thank you for sharing your family with us! It sure put a smile in my heart.

Chin :hug:

Oscar is a rescue cat, found him when he was just a couple of months old and his sister also (she had heart failure a few weeks ago and I had to have her put to sleep, she was about 14 years old) Oscar is now getting older also and he has asthma so I had to get him an inhaler and it really helps him, he's amazing and very, very loving and he adores me and so, yes, he's very special to me, his nephew is a cutie though and I love him just as much... they are so close and they both sleep on my bed most nights, I love my cats more than anything.

Aww that's so sweet. Sorry about your cat. I can't imagine how horrible that must be.

That's my goofy girl Rumpleteezer (Weezer) in my avatar pic.

As you can see she rules the roost and always steals my chair.

Ahhhhh to be a cat!

So many adorable kitties here! :smitten: I have two indoor female kitties, rescued 8 years ago. Lily a Siamese mix, & Bob-Bon, a calico.

There are about six or so ferals outdoors that allow me to care for them.....Nikki(white with orange tipped ears & tail + blue azure eyes), Todd(gargantuan headed, gray, tabby, tomcat--named after "Big Head Todd & the Monsters," & Jet(solid black, silky tomcat), & others.

T2=^..^=

P. S. I have dogs too.  :)

• 2 weeks later...