Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Extreme freak out episode almost at the doctor's office.

[lo...]

I've had deja vu on many occasions since using xanax.. I had to go to the hospital Wednesday.. They gave me ativan and phenergan for my stomach problems.. in a shot.. I left there and immediately went to see my gastroenterologist. I got into the building.. and as soon as I sat down in the chair.. and noticed a man talking on his cell phone to my right.. I was reliving a dream I had a few months ago.. I stayed in the place 20 minutes and knew the whole time what was going to happen. The people I was going to talk to.. everything.. I was trying sooooo hard not to flip out.. but as soon as I left that building.. I was fine.. but in the dream I remember changing the tv that was in the office.. but I never did that.. has anyone else been experiencing episodes of Deja vu or anything similar while on benzos?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. lol :P

Yes, many times. I also have it with taste and smells Sometimes I feel like I'm living the same day's over and over.

The other day I was eating an apple and I went back into the past of when I was a teenager with lots of memory flooding my brain like I was watching a home movie of myself.

I'ts disturbing when this happens and no way to prevent it.

I guess we have to look at it as our brains healing

hii i share a similar problem with the scary deja vu feelings i used to have seizures occasionally since 20004 i still do today :( on the bad ones a tale tell sign your about to have a seizure is you feel an extreme sense of Deja Vu before it happens :(

have you had any convulsions / sieuzres in the past?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lolwut.I went ColdTurkey fm Valium a year ago and in the last few months,especially this last 2 weeks,ive been getting not deja vu but actual flashbacks to memories of things that have happened in my life.I don't see stuff/hallucinate or anything like that.I just have this really vivid feeling and memory of certain situations..Sometimes it's slightly pleasant because I will get good memories buy most of the time its really unsettling and its a kind of depressed feeling that I get,

Jeez I never thought Id get THIS kind of symptom especially this far down the line in withdrawal......I'm really sure though that like ALL symptoms it will slowly fade and go away.////Anyone else getting this?? Im not sure ive ever read about this actual flashback thing giving anyone else problems.Let me say this again though - Its not like an acid flashback or anything Im sure.Its not as vivid as they are said to be.

my doctor shoudlve gave me klonopin since its a stronger anti-convulsion drug than this xanax im taking i really hope that your tummy is getting better ,

my mom drinks a cup of aloe vera juice for her stomach problems it seems to help her well, i like to cook spicey food often and shes ok with eating that with the aloe vera juice i hope that helps you