Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Invitation to PM me and unload some profanity

[Be...]

Greeting fellow Buddies,

Since the forum has a conscientious policy of dis-allowing swearing on the boards (which is reasonable and fair due to its' nature), and because some of you really help me get through the day I'd like to give a little back and invite you to PM if you ever feel a need to just let the swearing come out when you're frustrated & angry about something and feel the most appropriate form of communication requires some profanity thrown in.

There's no limit on what you can say, I'd be happy to listen to anyone no matter what, as I'm from London and very thick-skinned.  Think of it as a private, non-professional, cathartic therapy service.

I hope that's ok with the staff but if not I won't be offended if you just delete this thread.

B :)

Alright we've had some takers so far.. so please continue to unload it my way when ya feel ya have to.

I'm glad to be of service. :)

i curse a lil too often sometimes it just slips out like when i was at the store a few weeks ago i droped a closed soda bottle and the f word sliped out other than that i curse sometimes just when im having a casual conversation i'll add a curse word in there to describe something im talking about and such

i dont know if i could cuse at you , you seem nice ok but i can try

I hope that's ok with the staff but if not I won't be offended if you just delete this thread.

Yeah, that's fine. Consenting adults, in private, and all that. ;)

Yeah, that's fine. Consenting adults, in private, and all that. ;)

Thanks Colin!

Greeting fellow Buddies,

Since the forum has a conscientious policy of dis-allowing swearing on the boards (which is reasonable and fair due to its' nature), and because some of you really help me get through the day I'd like to give a little back and invite you to PM if you ever feel a need to just let the swearing come out when you're frustrated & angry about something and feel the most appropriate form of communication requires some profanity thrown in.

There's no limit on what you can say, I'd be happy to listen to anyone no matter what, as I'm from London and very thick-skinned.  Think of it as a private, non-professional, cathartic therapy service.

**** benzodiazepines! 

edit: profanity removed

Greeting fellow Buddies,

**** benzodiazepines! 

Hey babyrex,

You are supposed to pm Benzoid  and swear to your hearts content.  ;)

I had a professor tell me that the use of profanity is just ignorance of the use of any other words. I must agree, sorry if this offends you but really, you can't show anger without profanity? Sad in my opinion...but you all are grown ups so have at it

I had a professor tell me that the use of profanity is just ignorance of the use of any other words.

That's funny, because people with vast vocabularies still use profanity at appropriate times so he must be ignorant of that fact.  Profanity isn't always appropriate, but sometimes it is.  Sometimes it does, but mostly it has nothing to do with a lack of other available vocabulary.

I must agree, sorry if this offends you but really, you can't show anger without profanity?

Not at all I never take offence if someone misses the point.

I had a professor tell me that the use of profanity is just ignorance of the use of any other words.

That's funny, because people with vast vocabularies still use profanity at appropriate times so he must be ignorant of that fact.  Profanity isn't always appropriate, but sometimes it is.  Sometimes it does, but mostly it has nothing to do with a lack of other available vocabulary.

I must agree, sorry if this offends you but really, you can't show anger without profanity?

Not at all I never take offence if someone misses the point.

I love proclaiming a good well rounded "AWWW ***K IT !!!!" expletive when the situation arises, and I've got a pretty good vocabulary. Sometimes no other word expresses that same frustration or annoyance quite as well.... :)

Sometimes no other word expresses that same frustration or annoyance quite as well.... :)

Precisely.  And today I'm plenty full of them, especially since I just banged my head on a door.  I'll leave it to your imagination which words poured out.  Somehow the words "oh golly" just didn't quite cut it. ;)

Greeting fellow Buddies,

**** benzodiazepines! 

:2funny:  This is so funny to me because babyrex would have been one of the last people I'd expect to see curse!

• 4 weeks later...
LOOOOOL I read this thread and it put a smile on my face, it's a funny concept and I had a hilarious idea but I don't think I'll act on it... hahaha thanks for this.