Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I laughed - and my teeth fell out

[Do...]

Good morning all,

Thought you might be glad of a laugh.  This morning went to the paper shop for a few bits and pieces.  I was chatting away to the rather attractive owner while taking my money from my purse.  I handed over the note with a big smile and..........my upper front bridge fell out right onto some chocolate bars.  Oh the humiliation.  They will probably call me Mrs Gummy now.

He was so sweet, didn't laugh 'though I could see he was trying hard not to.  I grabbed my bridge and ran to my car  got home and am now waiting to see the dentist.

Afraid I can't blame this on withdrawal, but will have to change my paper shop!

Oh Dorothy how funny,

I would have picked up my teeth and run.  Were there many people in the shop?

Well if you think about it you could say that withdrawal caused the cement on the bridge to come loose, maybe you have been clenching your teeth too much.  Just joking.

Ah Dorothy, I can imagine how you felt, well at least you can see the funny side  :laugh: thanks for sharing.

Good luck at the dentist !

Debbie  :)

Oh Dorothy, you do make laugh.

Are you sure your Grandson didn't have something to do with it?  Joke!

You'll just have to find another dishy newsagent.

I had a front crown fall out at a quite swanky dinner - had to rush to the toilet clutching my hand to my mouth and then mumblingly [is there such a word?] excuse myself.

Hope the dentist fixes it OK today

Oh Dorothy, you poor thing.  This made me laugh too and I believe you handled the mishap beautifully.  A friend's Mom had this happen as she was exiting a car and somehow the teeth fell under the wheels of the car and the driver ran over the teeth  :o and crushed them beyond repair.  What happened to you could have been worse.  Thanks for sharing your story.  :laugh: 

Good morning all,

Thought you might be glad of a laugh.  This morning went to the paper shop for a few bits and pieces.  I was chatting away to the rather attractive owner while taking my money from my purse.  I handed over the note with a big smile and..........my upper front bridge fell out right onto some chocolate bars.  Oh the humiliation.  They will probably call me Mrs Gummy now.

He was so sweet, didn't laugh 'though I could see he was trying hard not to.  I grabbed my bridge and ran to my car  got home and am now waiting to see the dentist.

Oh Dorothy, you poor thing.  This made me laugh too and I believe you handled the mishap beautifully.  A friend's Mom had this happen as she was exiting a car and somehow the teeth fell under the wheels of the car and the driver ran over the teeth  :o and crushed them beyond repair.  What happened to you could have been worse.  Thanks for sharing your story.  :laugh: 

so funny, thank you for the good :laugh::thumbsup:

Good morning all,

Whoa...that bites. ::)

I'm  :laugh: so  :laugh: sorry  :laugh: this  :laugh: happened.

Honestly I am, but you handled it with grace. It did give me a good chuckle this morning. 

Once my father forgot his dentures in sombody else bathroom after we were invited for diner there.

I had to go back to pick them up.

Anyway, your story by far more cool.  :laugh: