Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sarcasm as coping tool

[b0...]

[b0...]

Forum mods, is it allowed to place such a thread here?

Some of the buddies and I pm often, because we have a sarcastic sense of humor.

I guess it's just a way of coping through humor at times.

To not offend anyone, we were just kind of joking to start a new thread for the sarcastic people among us.

But then again, we thought that would be shut down pretty quick.

It's not for everyone, sarcasm.

It kind of started as a joke, but I thought " lets see" and here I am.

Hello - there have been several really great sarcastic/humorous threads here in the Off Topic section!

Humor on BB is welcome as long as remarks are generalized and not hurtful to a specific BB or group as outlined in the Forum User Manual.

A lot of us use humor as a coping mechanism, and with our poor little brains not working quite correctly, many of us are our own best punchlines!  :laugh:

M.  ;D

[b0...]

No, for sure not making fun of anyone, a groups or individual...

But I know many of us are pretty sensitive right now on this benzo journey and some jokes are best made NOT as a reply in a serious thread.

I got freaked out by something someone said too, when I was in a bad place...

It's just liberating sometimes to laugh at yourself and others. It can be. But it's not for everyone.

So I thought I better check first if its okay to start a new thread where the title already shows that  :)

Here is a St. Patty's Day tongue twister for you....Bet you can't say it fast even twice!

Irish Wrist Watch    :laugh:    :D

I couldn't even say it once without messing up... :crazy:

[b0...]

I had headache too when first on Valium, Lynnie.

It went away after I was fully on it.

Yes, holding might be a good thing now, if your V is covering other xs enough.

Thinking of you ... :smitten:

Just saw you had your mammo. Hope you are able to just relax the rest of the day!

:smitten:

Just saw you had your mammo. Hope you are able to just relax the rest of the day!

I thought this thread was all about sarcasm, stop talking about boobs. lol :laugh:

I thought this thread was all about sarcasm, stop talking about boobs. lol :laugh:

OK..MOM..I hope your boobs reinflate soon!  ;)    Is that better!  :D

Forum mods, is it allowed to place such a thread here?

Some of the buddies and I pm often, because we have a sarcastic sense of humor.

I guess it's just a way of coping through humor at times.

To not offend anyone, we were just kind of joking to start a new thread for the sarcastic people among us.

But then again, we thought that would be shut down pretty quick.

It's not for everyone, sarcasm.

It kind of started as a joke, but I thought " lets see" and here I am.

Sorry Mom of one, I didn't see your question. Go for it!!! Anything to make this withdrawal more tolerable.

pianogirl

[b0...]

Yes, re inflated....

Breast care center my #%#^!

smashorama they should call it.

Why do the women who work there always look like they are communists and I'm the enemy?

[b0...]

Sounds like you know what you're  talking about..

Is that what it did to you when you smashed boobs all day?

Smashing boobs is a hard living but it's a living, it's what got me through high school. Every day after class we volunteers would check into the local boob clinic to get our hours in. The boys said they liked it for the boobs but I knew they were really in it for the slick commie uniforms.

[b0...]

What was your motivation? And could you please add it to your sig? It is only fair that others know you have this odd background with boobs.

By the way: I haven't seen an F bomb yet....Are you having a bad day?

Well it started out as just another way to get volunteer hours, but little did we know the Manifesto was playing on the loudspeakers throughout the facility at all times. Watching boobs smash day in and day out got us into a deep enough trance state for the words to take effect, and within weeks we found ourselves absentmindedly drawing hammer-and-sickles on the desks.

I hope you're not an undercover agent. I would have to question your motives for signing up on a benzo withdrawal forum, as well as your methods of interrogation.

I am having an f bombing s bomb day, thanks for reminding me! How about some applause for getting out of bed!  :muscle: (retard clapping - you can never unsee it)

[b0...]

HAHAHA!!! I love the retard clapper. I can't unsee it either, anymore.

Yeah, the KGB is dead. Is what THEY say.

Maybe you should take an ssri or two. You're starting to sound a bit paranoid.

Now you're starting to sound like a doctor  :thumbsup: I think I preferred the CIA agent

Do you think we've scared everyone away yet?

[b0...]

Maybe not yet...

But I'm not sure people will come back if they accidentally fell in the middle of the boob smashing communist dialogue.

It makes all good sense to me.

:-X is this guy smoking? 

:tickedoff: if this one could speak, he would probably sound like the guy who roams our town in his underwear, pushing his shopping card and yelling at everyone.

Man, I hate those guys, walking around half naked and pushing their shopping cards in everyone's faces, waving them around frantically in the air like this :tickedoff: I already have enough cards in my wallet  >:( and what the hell is this voodoo "shopping card" anyway? Smh...making me hide in the garden pretending to be a dead flower until they leave  :crazy:

[b0...]

Is it cart? Okay, cart, cart then.

Shopping cart.

Now, you sound even weirder. You know they never leave. And how many times do I have to tell you that you're not a dead flower? You are just weird, not a flower. Maybe print it out.