Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Missing Malaysian Plane

[Di...]

Last I heard they are now saying it could have carried on flying for another 7 hours (it was 4 the other day), and they are investigating the pilots. Apparently one of them had some kind of flight simulator program on his home computer. So they’re checking it to see if there is a similar flight path programmed into it.

Some people seem to be holding out hope that the plane has actually landed somewhere, but the problem is that you can’t just land one of those planes just anyway, and it would be pretty hard to hide one. Of course I suppose that depends on what country it could have been landed in though.

It must be so hard for the families. At least if they had some proof that the plane had crashed, they could start dealing with it, but everything is so unknown. Four of the people on the plane actually live a couple of suburbs from me, so I’m really interested in what’s happening.

thas really scary i saw online a similar incident happened in 1999 where the pilot deliberatly crashed the plane in internatinal waters the pilot on the datea recorder kept muttering the words " "I rely on God" over and over before impact over 217 dead

What mystifies me is that a plane's transponder can still be switched off after 9/11. 

Based on the lack of reasonable explanation, my suspicion is that the plane was shot down by the military for some reason (maybe it was a suspected hijack or some other national security issue) and this whole debacle is a cover story.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but the protocol for shooting down civilian airlines is present in every military and I can't see governments wanting to admit the order was given.

That's my vote.

B :)

Well, it is a conspiracy at this point, I don't have any theories though. But i question that we cannot find a missing plane with all the technology of today.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to help search, there is a website, www.tomnod.com, where you can look at small portions of the ocean captured by satellite around the time the plane went missing. If anything it will eat up some free time.

The question that nobody seems to be asking is, "who was on that plane?" Sometimes people are assassinated for knowing too much and sorry, but I have a feeling western governments had something to do with it. Unfortunately, we will never know the truth...as Malcolm X once said "The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." And the masses believe the media until they find out the media is largely owned by one individual. I will let you figure out who it is. Does he have an agenda? Someone controlling everything you hear on radio, television probably has an agenda.

So many truths are hidden. It's atrocious that we have to dig for them.

A lot of things seem to be sounding suspicious about the pilot. It appears he deleted a lot of information from his at-home flight simulator, although the report didn't say if the information could be retrieved, as can sometimes be possible with computers.

Malaysia is coming under a lot of criticism for their handling of the situation. Australia is now heading a search in the Southern Indian Ocean, but maybe we'll never know what really happened. I guess the best we can hope for is that some wreckage is found somewhere, and then at least the families will have the answer to that question. 

As for why it happened or who is responsible..... who knows. It's not unknown for terrorist groups to not take immediate responsibility for something (if they were responsible). The scary thing is, if a terrorist group is responsible, are they not taking responsibilty yet because this was just the first plane......

A lot of things seem to be sounding suspicious about the pilot. It appears he deleted a lot of information from his at-home flight simulator, although the report didn't say if the information could be retrieved, as can sometimes be possible with computers.

Malaysia is coming under a lot of criticism for their handling of the situation. Australia is now heading a search in the Southern Indian Ocean, but maybe we'll never know what really happened. I guess the best we can hope for is that some wreckage is found somewhere, and then at least the families will have the answer to that question. 

As for why it happened or who is responsible..... who knows. It's not unknown for terrorist groups to not take immediate responsibility for something (if they were responsible). The scary thing is, if a terrorist group is responsible, are they not taking responsibilty yet because this was just the first plane......

yep, my opinion as well Pam. :thumbsup:

Umm, my hubby said last night he thought MH 370 was somewhere in the Indian Ocean near or in one of the deep trenches eg. Diamantina trench. Data in that simulator is possible to be recovered but may be encrypted.

Ocean there is so deep hard to recover anything & black box only records last half an hour of flight. See what happens, Perth itself is an isolated city, let alone 4 hours flight from there by Orion aircraft.

Yes. They've picked up something via satellite. It looks promising (if that’s the right word). Hopefully we’ll hear something conclusive today. Of course if it is plane wreckage, it still doesn’t solve the question of what actually happened.

The current theory is that the entire plane could have been overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning which happened before in another plane crash. If it’s true, this would have rendered everyone unconscious, so at least no one would have known what was happening to them.

My theory: hijacker has plane turned around, course set to autopilot, pilots unfortunately "disabled" permanently, hijacker jumps via parachute over land again or close enough to shore for smaller boat to pick him/her up, plane continues on course until it runs out of gas.  Alternately, pilot or pilots accomplish the same but make it appear to be hijacker.

Shoot this full of holes.  Please.  I don't want ANY of this to be true.

Wow, so many theories out there. This has had me intrigued since day one. The media, especially CNN has been quite obsessed with it. Also I have also thought from day one that someone hijacked the plane to take it to some small island where people were waiting for them. It may have been planned a long time. What made me think this is for one thing the two stolen passports that passengers were holding.

Today I heard in the news that wreckage was found near Australia I believe and they are honing in on that area. I sure wish that there were some survivors but it does not look very promising.

thats a giant plane to hide i thought of a new theory recently a military force shot down the airline mistakingly and they covered up by getting rid of traces of the airliner

On the BBC news site it says:

Relatives of those on board were informed of conclusion via text message

How touching and personal ::)

Yes I just heard the news a little while ago. No survivors. At least one mystery has been solved. Now they just have to find the black box, although it's uncertain how much that will tell them. It only loops around every 30 minutes or so, so if there was no activity in the cockpit it may not tell them anything. However, I suppose if there were mechanical problems that would show.

I guess the best we can hope for now is that the theory that everyone was overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning is true, and no one knew what was happening to them. So sad.....

Truly sad and tragic! I just hope there are no more lives taken from the discovery operations. Isn't that area very remote with treacherous waters? It sure will be very interesting to find out what happened.