Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone willing to speak on the phone or even Skype?

[my...]

I am having some difficult time in my withdrawal and was wondering if anyone is willing to chat on the phone with me or video chat on Skype even with your video off whatever you would like... I just need some more distraction and something to do to pass time...

Please let me know if you would be interested!

Myheart

Did you miss this on your other thread with the same title?:

•You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to, or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking websites which might potentially identify members' true identities are not allowed

•You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to, or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking websites which might potentially identify members' true identities are not allowed

Beeper is correct, doing this is against the rules.

I've found myself really frustrated by this too, Babyangel, but then I found out why: because it's a public forum (and it has to be in order to be genuinely helpful and welcoming to people - i.e., searchable on Google) that information can be seen by... nefarious forces. Ask around, you'll find out what/who I mean. Same thing with PMs. There have been instances in the past that can best be described as malicious trolling. It sucks, but there it is.

I've found myself really frustrated by this too, Babyangel, but then I found out why: because it's a public forum (and it has to be in order to be genuinely helpful and welcoming to people - i.e., searchable on Google) that information can be seen by... nefarious forces. Ask around, you'll find out what/who I mean. Same thing with PMs. There have been instances in the past that can best be described as malicious trolling. It sucks, but there it is.

And it's still not full proof.  My posts in my blog and the "atheist" thread are being reproduced in a pay

forum by a member there who still plays mischief after 8 years on that forum.  I don't know if he was

ever a member here, but somehow he's got access to my blog posts and is trying to "out" me over

there.  I've taken it up with the admins there (it's corporate operated) and the first step was to remove

my (and hopefully his) membership there.

Might have to do that here and have all my posts removed. 

Anyway, yes, it's a crazy, almost dangerous little world, these internet forums.  :(

Sucks, doesn't it? 

A former member from Arizona played by all the rules, didn't exchange any personal info or post anything about his location (other than the state in which he lived) and that same troll you're talking about figured out who he was and "outted" his info by plugging his picture into Google Image Search.

... so yeah, by the way, make sure your profile picture is anonymous.

Anyway it was that sort of nonsense that made me retreat from this community altogether for about four or five months, but I'm back now. I simply can't abide trolls running my life  ;)

Hey guys, don't be to harsh on the mods, they have our best interests at heart, imagine if say someone started talking to someone on here, via emails or social networks and then for one reason or another they had an argument, this would make it difficult for either one of the parties to the come back on bb as either one of them could be worried about getting into another argument.

The mods just do their job, I'm sure they occasionally get a little upset at the hostility from new members, all I'm saying is give them a break and try to understand things from their point of view. I'm just grateful I have these methods of contacts with others in the same predicament as myself.

I am having some difficult time in my withdrawal and was wondering if anyone is willing to chat on the phone with me or video chat on Skype even with your video off whatever you would like... I just need some more distraction and something to do to pass time...

Please let me know if you would be interested!

Myheart

Myheart

It is so unfortunate that are some nasty people in this world, but I still believe that most people are nice and helpful.

I know you are having a hard time and many of us would like to help you. So please create a signature so we can help you.

Be Well.

D21

Does anyone want to call or Skype?

You have been reminded by Megan and Beeper on 3 occasions, and have now created 2-threads to solicit contact information, (Skype), from our members.  Please review the warning you have received.

This is from our rules.

•You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to, or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking websites which might potentially identify members' true identities are not allowed.

Please stop requesting to Skype with other members as this violates our rule to keep contact details private.

Thank you.

Juliea

Honestly, I posted this awhile ago and the admins kept moving this thread around and I was trying to find it? So now it looks like it is in three different areas. An admin contacted me and told me to make a blog about it when I first posted and asked this question in the taper and support thread, then from there she asked I make a blog about it, so I did, then from there they moved it to post withdrawal and support, from there it went to off topic....

I was informed to make a blog? There must have been some confusion..... My apologizes. I was just following what I was told...... >:(

Should I go ahead and delete this thread? There was so much confusion and I was apparently told the wrong advice.....

Should I go ahead and delete this thread? There was so much confusion and I was apparently told the wrong advice.....

Hi there,

I think you may have misunderstood, so let me clarify.  No one gave you bad advice.  The idea was that you would start a "Buddie Blog," which you could use to make friends here on the forum in a safe way without any exchange of personal information, or phoning/skyping anyone.

As far as this thread being moved, we often move threads that were posted on the "wrong" boards.  That's part of what we do as moderators, and there's nothing personal about it.

Also, this thread won't be deleted.  This thread will "go away" when people stop posting to it.  We don't delete threads that have been answered by several members.

:thumbsup:

Megan

to the author of this thread you can just go to Omegle online you can speak on microfone there, type your intrests so your intrestes chat topic can come up with someone compatible talking to

to the author of this thread you can just go to Omegle online you can speak on microfone there, type your intrests so your intrestes chat topic can come up with someone compatible talking to

Be very careful doing anything like this, keep yourself anonymous and give out no personal information. Unfortunately it is not a perfect world and not everyone is genuine.  It's best to be extremely cautious dealing online with anything.

pianogirl