Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

has anyone else here been "moderated"?

[ba...]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Sl...]

• [sn...]

• [Co...]

Hey babyangel,

I'm not you, granted, but all things considered if I were in your shoes I'd probably walk away from this, find myself another forum and start over with some valuable lessons learned before I dug myself into a deeper hole I later got banned from.   

B :)

Edit:

How I would describe the mods. Granted, some quite uneducated in certain areas. I

Lol.. that's a bit harsh isn't it?

I should mention, I don't mean uneducated in general or in the field of benzo wd, that part is fine, the site runs well and the members are looked after. It is on a subject that is, shall we say, best left alone for now. I will return on the matter one day and hopefully maybe even help educate some of the mods. At the moment I just don't have the energy to waste going around in circles.

is it against the rules to put my contact information on my signature such as my skype name , email or cell #

and mr benzoid i considered walking away but theres some nice people who befriended me .I would feel terrible to abandon a friend even though our friendships were just breif?

i went to a movie forum before thats on the internet movie data base (its abreviated on the webpage)

to moderators is it posible for you folks to message me on a thread instead so i can have a chase to reply?

im going to delete the message concerning moderator pg asap okay

Well, as far as the topic title goes, in keeping with it, that is, I have been

moderated in a sense here.  I had a pic removed, which I'd quoted for a joke,

and didn't get an explanation for its removal until after the fact and when I

commented in the thread about it.  :-\

The response included a terse remark about hyperlinks in pics not being

tolerated, etc, as if I were the member who broke the rules. 

Small potatoes, I realize.  ;)

My idealism about this forum being super member friendly is a bit whittled

down to the reality that it's not that, but it is a good place for members to

do what we do best here, which is cull and provide as much info and experience

for one another.    :)

It's no longer the best, though, in that special way.  I had an idealism in my

head about the place until today.. and that's gone now.  Maybe that's a good

thing.   

- Slappy

hi mr slappy your avatar change is awesome ! im stressed some what i went thru today on here :( my biggest wory was that i would not be able to talk to ppl here that befriended me , umm i think ill just watch an extremely funny movie i have  again(jack ass - bad grandpa)  a 2nd time to cheer me up

bye everyone i hope you had a good day so far god bless you folks

is it against the rules to put my contact information on my signature such as my skype name , email or cell #

Because a few people have abused such information, we do not allow members to do this. Of course - although we strongly discourage it - some members choose to share such information through the PM system. Please note, members do report inappropriate approaches made for such information; we would also act upon patterns of such reports.

Well, as far as the topic title goes, in keeping with it, that is, I have been

moderated in a sense here.  I had a pic removed, which I'd quoted for a joke,

and didn't get an explanation for its removal until after the fact and when I

commented in the thread about it.  :-\

The response included a terse remark about hyperlinks in pics not being

tolerated, etc, as if I were the member who broke the rules. 

Small potatoes, I realize.  ;)

My idealism about this forum being super member friendly is a bit whittled

down to the reality that it's not that, but it is a good place for members to

do what we do best here, which is cull and provide as much info and experience

for one another.    :)

It's no longer the best, though, in that special way.  I had an idealism in my

head about the place until today.. and that's gone now.  Maybe that's a good

thing.   

- Slappy

I've not seen your post, but I think this refers to babyangel's photobucket account, where she had placed some kind of link to a misleading screen capture of PM sent to her from pianogirl (I've not see the photobucket account nor the image - I've been too busy - so I'm a little unsure too). However, in short, it is nothing to do with you or your behaviour.

I have approved two more posts from babyangel to this thread. Since these posts (as far as I know) will not be marked as 'new posts' and might be missed, I though you all and babyangel would appreciate me providing some links:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=102974.msg1330778#msg1330778

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=102974.msg1330795#msg1330795

hi mr slappy your avatar change is awesome ! im stressed some what i went thru today on here :( my biggest wory was that i would not be able to talk to ppl here that befriended me , umm i think ill just watch an extremely funny movie i have  again(jack ass - bad grandpa)  a 2nd time to cheer me up

bye everyone i hope you had a good day so far god bless you folks

Hi ms. babyangel.  :angel: <----- you, right?  :laugh:

Hang in there.  I think you're making friends just as much as anybody else.  You seem

worried about things a bit.. things in here and losing friends etc.  I'm sure I'm not the

only one who will remain your friend here as long as you want.    :)

But I am hoping you don't get yourself removed from BB as a result of bending/breaking

rules.    :( 

Hang in there.  :thumbsup:

- Slappy

and mr benzoid i considered walking away but theres some nice people who befriended me .I would feel terrible to abandon a friend even though our friendships were just breif?

It's your call, baby.  If you feel you can rebuild some broken trust with the staff then go for it but it'll mean a continued effort on your part.  I don't like seeing members leave but I'm cynical that all wounds are healed once a certain point has been reached, and I know the stress that brings with it.

I call it as I see it, but like I said earlier I'm not you.

B :)

The one eyed green monster from the Disney movie. ;)

I guess I must be missing something! ??? I'm sure that it is not worth the effort of trying to clue me into it. ;)

The one eyed green monster from the Disney movie. ;)

I guess I must be missing something! ??? I'm sure that it is not worth the effort of trying to clue me into it. ;)

That's the description of the pic removed (that had the evil hyperlink).  ;)

hi snoball i still have your picture !! :P

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/nanananabooobooo/asciiarthank_zpse5643dfc.jpg[/url]

Edit: fixed clickable link

Exactly, Slappy. ;D I bet that green little monster brought great joy to many. So sad to see him go. :(:D

He's baaaa-aaack!  ...

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/147/682/837/mi8i.jpg

:laugh:

Exactly, Slappy. ;D I bet that green little monster brought great joy to many. So sad to see him go. :(:D

He's baaaa-aaack!  ...

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/147/682/837/mi8i.jpg

:laugh:

Hey!! :) Theres my little green friend. ;D I was gonna re-post it, but I wasn't sure if he would be marked for deletion again. I'm still not sure why the little green guy was tossed out. :idiot:

Oh well. Way to go Slappy. :thumbsup:

The first one was clickable to a website;  it had a link under it.  That's against

the rules here. 

The one I put in was just surrounded by the image tags provided up there in

the tool/button bar ( http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/Themes/default/images/bbc/img.gif ).  :angel:

- Slappy

The first one was clickable to a website;  it had a link under it.  That's against

the rules here. 

The one I put in was just surrounded by the image tags provided up there in

the tool/button bar ( http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/Themes/default/images/bbc/img.gif ).  :angel:

- Slappy

Aha :idiot: I'm not much for computering. So...Ya like computering Slappy? :D :D :D I was fixin to learn more about computering, but I was too busy watching Nascar. :D Ya like Nascar? 8)

[26...]