Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

has anyone else here been "moderated"?

[ba...]

Babyangel I'm wondering if you're having some memory issues from the benzo

you're on.  Short term memory loss is common.

I gotta say, I lost my memory during benzo use. I still cant seem to find it. :idiot::D :D :D :D :D:laugh:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Sl...]

• [sn...]

• [Co...]

wow thats awesome your from the uk benzoid

Try living here lol

! i have a close online skype  friend from there from the city Leeds its difficult to understand him because he is a "chav"  "dey awl type lyke dis i fink"  :laugh:

Ha ha... you're the first American I've come across that knows what a chav is.  Even I have trouble understanding the Leeds chav accent.  It's a real cesspit these days (sorry anyone reading from Leeds) and there's lots of integration conflicts these days.  I haven't been theresince I was a kid and my eldest bro was at university.  Not in a hurry to back there!

i like a old little car thats made in the uk that isnt sold in america the old style mini cooper!!

That's funny, I used to have an old-style Mini cooper (they're collectors items nowadays).  However I modded mine and put a Metro MG turbo engine in it and Yokahama tyres on it.  Man.. that little thing was seriously QUICK... I'm lucky to be alive actually because of that car!!

even though i cant eat meat on fridays because of lent i still feel stuffed right now ! i ate alot of donuts for breakfast    :o

I thought that rule about eating meat on Fridays was abolished years ago by The Vatican?

i'll be gone most of today im finally going to the ranch house ! i have to stop by a place in the little town nearby there first so i can renew my state funded health insurance so i hope you have a great day today and enjoy your weekend !!

Lucky you.  I woke up at 04:30 today, watched half of Star Wars episode 2 on my phone in bed and finally got up and I'm on my first lot of coffee & pills.

Anyway, be good on & off the forum.  See ya.

B :)

slappy the last time i got in trouble was 3 days ago for being sill with my sense of humor when i first saw the moderator name xerxes i thought of the guy from the movie "meet the spartans" named xerxes  so all i did was i wrote a message saying " when i saw your name xerxes it reminded me of him (i put the photo of ken davidian) he's like wearing a lionloth no shirt on and some gold chains attached to his nipples and weirdest of all he's like 300-350 pounds ! :P i was in trouble banned from making messages for 3 days for that , all i wanted to do was just be silly and make some of you people laff,

laughter is good medicine it works for me cheers me up during my worst days

Hello BabyAngel.  I don't mean to be humorless but if I was experiencing massively heightened anxiety (the benzo "dreads") and you posted that then I wouldn't find it funny.  It would be more likely to freak me out for the whole day and I sometimes would go to bed thinking of such objects of my fears.  This happened to me many times.

When I was very sensitive I would go into absolute fear as soon as I saw certain avatars here.  And I would be in this sensitive state for weeks and weeks on end.  :(

Hello babyangel.  Have you considered starting a Buddie Blog?  This would be a great way to make friends on the board and chit chat. 

Let's all please keep the posts on this particular thread on the topic of the thread title.

Thank you.

Juliea

hi miss Juliea ya a blog would be a great idea to do !, i have great news on my meds i went to a pharmacy at a large supermarket like 30 mins ago i showed them a pharmacy card my health insurance gave to me to get a discount they are working on it today and can have my meds ready tomrorow she told me also they have another plan if its lower costs it will be only $10-$11 a month!! thats a heck of alot better than the $39 for 120 alprazolam pills at wallgreens and another pharmacy i went to

i feel happy that i had a good day today i just have to drive an old pickup since my mustang broke down yesterday :( i'll get her fixed next week :) shes my baby i cared for well since i got her :D

i feel bad now for making this thread it can be deleted ok

Babyangel, we very rarely delete threads.  If you want the thread to stop appearing in your Unread Replies, simply stop posting in the thread.  It will soon drop off of the list and fall over onto the back pages of this section.  ;)

Babyangel, we very rarely delete threads.  If you want the thread to stop appearing in your Unread Replies, simply stop posting in the thread.  It will soon drop off of the list and fall over onto the back pages of this section.  ;)

Juliea is correct.  We are not going to delete this thread.  If you want it to disappear, stop posting to it.  Then it will eventually drop out of sight.

:thumbsup:

Mairin33,

If you are referring to what I think you are referring, you are treading on thin ice. For your own good, I strongly suggest that you drop this now before I quote what it was you posted which caused Xerxes to intervene.

Colin, I don't even know what you are talking about.  I wasn't thinking of Xerxes, it was another moderator.  I am rarely posting on BB anymore.  People wonder why people finish and leave.  I'd like to stay and post a success story to encourage those still going through this.  It's not every moderator, there are some very nice ones, but one or two that really do hate me and I think I know why.  I'm sure they directed this right to you to say "Look at this one, say something really tough to her!"  Haha.  Ok fine you did it.  My intent on here is to help, this girl wants help and she is new.  Just trying to say to her she is not the only one who has felt this way. 

Mairin33,

If you are referring to what I think you are referring, you are treading on thin ice. For your own good, I strongly suggest that you drop this now before I quote what it was you posted which caused Xerxes to intervene.

Colin, I don't even know what you are talking about.  I wasn't thinking of Xerxes, it was another moderator.  I am rarely posting on BB anymore.  People wonder why people finish and leave.  I'd like to stay and post a success story to encourage those still going through this.  It's not every moderator, there are some very nice ones, but one or two that really do hate me and I think I know why.  I'm sure they directed this right to you to say "Look at this one, say something really tough to her!"  Haha.  Ok fine you did it.  My intent on here is to help, this girl wants help and she is new.  Just trying to say to her she is not the only one who has felt this way.

Hello Mairin33,

Re:

Yes I have been moderated, even flat out personally attacked by a moderator who went to great extremes to insult me, and other moderators found no problem with that.

Some moderators are good, some are not.  They have there own issues and power often goes to people's heads.  Try not to take it personally and be as kind to others as you can.  If the moderator is off base, others will see it and perceive it but may not speak up for fear of also becoming a target.  You are by no means the only one to be picked on.

You made an accusation of being unfairly treated by a moderator. I was aware of a recent disagreement between you and Xerxes (I fully supported Xerxes's stance, by the way). You were unspecific in your accusation, and chose to bring to this unspecified complaint to this thread rather than contacting me or a forum admin in private. I am unaware of older disagreements between you and one of the team. If you are going to post such unspecific accusations, and do this publicly, what do you expect!? I did write, "If you are referring to what I think you are referring", making clear that I do not know for sure to what you refer. Again, you should have contacted me privately about this. If you wish to discuss this matter (whatever it is), I invite you to send me a PM.

Just an aside.  I've only been a member here for a short time, but have read Benzo Buddies

forums (most often upon landing here via google search) for quite a bit longer.

The moderators and other staff here are heads above those I've seen in other forums.  BB

is run by the members but steered by the admin and mods quite well.  I don't see why a

person with an issue with a mod would not just address that issue via private message,

then if it needs to be made public the staffer will probably do that.  :)

On the healing train,

- Slappy

I've been on more forums than I can remember, from both sides of the table, and if there's one constant across them all is that there'll be some good and some not so good staff, and some good and some not so good members, and there'll always be some strife along the way at some point or another, and some people will stay and some will leave, and no matter what other factors there are.. no forum is a utopia.

That's the reality of it, and some will agree with the above statement and some will disagree, I'm sure. ;)

I've been on more forums than I can remember, from both sides of the table, and if there's one constant across them all is that there'll be some good and some not so good staff, and some good and some not so good members, and there'll always be some strife along the way at some point or another, and some people will stay and some will leave, and no matter what other factors there are.. no forum is a utopia.

That's the reality of it, and some will agree with the above statement and some will disagree, I'm sure. ;)

Well, one person's "strife" is another person's "spice of life."  :D

- Slappy Magee, slappin' my knee

Hi Katie! Thanks for the Picture of me. :)

This is the closest match I could find for you. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eye-yi-yi. 

:laugh:

Edit: image deleted

hi miss Juliea ya a blog would be a great idea to do !, i have great news on my meds i went to a pharmacy at a large supermarket like 30 mins ago i showed them a pharmacy card my health insurance gave to me to get a discount they are working on it today and can have my meds ready tomrorow she told me also they have another plan if its lower costs it will be only $10-$11 a month!! thats a heck of alot better than the $39 for 120 alprazolam pills at wallgreens and another pharmacy i went to

i feel happy that i had a good day today i just have to drive an old pickup since my mustang broke down yesterday :( i'll get her fixed next week :) shes my baby i cared for well since i got her :D

Man am I glad I live in Scotland @Babyangel. All our meds are free here.Actually ALL our healthcare is free.It is paid for through income tax.So it's just one massive thing we don't have to worry about for our whole lives in this country.In Scotland our prescription meds are free but it was only last year we stopped paying for them so it's still a novelty not to have to pay over the counter for these things.I couldn't imagine living somewhere that I had to worry about healthcare bills all the time.Its such a massive thing to not have on your plate.As someone who has obviously been through medical bother in the past do you find it hard having to pay for a lot of your health bills?? Im really curious about this.(I'm also asking anyone else from the US.)

Since babyangel has stated no further interest in this thread, and it serves no useful function for the forum or wider membership, I have chosen to lock the thread.  Thank you.

Juliea

I've decided to (temporarily, at least) unlock this thread in case any members have questions about what has occurred (please read babyangel's signature line).

Members can get away with a lot here. Most forum's would probably have banned babyangel's account for simply creating this thread. We are not overly concerned about public complaints. Though, of course, we would prefer - and would encourage - members to contact us privately if they feel they have been treated unfairly. Having said this, we will respond in a forthright manner when members disseminate misrepresentations and lies about what has occurred.

Thank you.

Update: babyangel has edited her signature line and contacted the team. We are providing her a chance to turn over a new leaf and to correct the record.

i appoligize to others i have offended or disraupted

benzobuddies like many other places online or in real life has rules and regulations so the place can maintain stability a disrauptive person causes the place to become unstable or this place for instance , a supportive conversation can be disraupted to acquire attention

i will not bother to read the athiest thread anymore or never post there again

i'll continue to try my best to maintain stability here by not typing disrauptive  or racist comments

im thankfull to Mr colin for giving me another chanse to be here

i did not write those ofensive remarks to hurt anyone i just behaved childish my appologies again

Firm but fair!

How I would describe the mods. Granted, some quite uneducated in certain areas. It must be difficult to keep up with emotional outburst from members, I think generally speaking they do a great job. Good to see Colin poking his head through the door now and then. All in all, a good service from the mods.

Thanks

Hey babyangel,

I'm not you, granted, but all things considered if I were in your shoes I'd probably walk away from this, find myself another forum and start over with some valuable lessons learned before I dug myself into a deeper hole I later got banned from.   

Edit:

How I would describe the mods. Granted, some quite uneducated in certain areas. I

Lol.. that's a bit harsh isn't it?

Why was the image I quoted and laughed at deleted without explanation?

babyangel had hyperlinked it to another image which was deemed disruptive to the forum.  This kind of thing is not allowed, and it will not be allowed in the future.

I see.  :)

It's just that it was gone and my post made no sense without it, and there

was no explanation, just removed. 

Thank you for explaining!  :thumbsup:

With undying love,

- Slappy Magee, slappin' my knee  :D

[e6...]