Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

has anyone else here been "moderated"?

[ba...]

hello im a newcomer here i signed up last year i think but i really didnt use it until around mmm 2 or 3 weeks ago during that time i sent out helpfull messages to people and i wrote my thoughts here , i have a sense of humor sometimes that gets me in trouble its been like that since i was very little getting in trouble in elementry school. well anyways during the last few weeks i have been sent 3 messages by moderators 2 of which i have been "moderated" where a moderator has to approve my messages before its sent out, it usually takes 2-6 hours to go thru,  it lasts 4 days my 2nd one started this morning , someone was saying mean stuff to me so i snapped back at them sending them a private message i was reported for racism and i was banned from sending messages for 3 days , i feel upset

i know im a youngin who still behaves childnishly but why do this to me ?  :'(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [Sl...]

• [sn...]

• [Co...]

hello im a newcomer here i signed up last year i think but i really didnt use it until around mmm 2 or 3 weeks ago during that time i sent out helpfull messages to people and i wrote my thoughts here , i have a sense of humor sometimes that gets me in trouble its been like that since i was very little getting in trouble in elementry school. well anyways during the last few weeks i have been sent 3 messages by moderators 2 of which i have been "moderated" where a moderator has to approve my messages before its sent out, it usually takes 2-6 hours to go thru,  it lasts 4 days my 2nd one started this morning , someone was saying mean stuff to me so i snapped back at them sending them a private message i was reported for racism and i was banned from sending messages for 3 days , i feel upset

When you joined the forum, you agreed to the policies and guidelines that were established by the owner, Colin.  We will address situations that cause disharmony here on BB. The last thing we want to do is to sanction a member. We know people are here for help and support.  If you would have responded to the warning by the team, this would not have occurred.

Even young ones can behave in a manner that is appropriate. I've been a teacher for over 30 years and work with children on a daily basis. I've found my students willing to follow the rules and understand that if they don't, there will be consequences.

pianogirl

I think it is best to not go into threads entitled with something you don't agree with, and create controversy in them. Don't even read them. And respect others' viewpoints in general. If you find something offensive then you can report it to the moderators, and they will take care of it.

Hi:

If you apologize  to the moderators and tell them it won't happen again, then I'm sure they'll see you in a different light. The moderators do not like to censure BB, they just want to keep things running as smoothly as possible. I know I tend to joke around as well, and some of my jokes are taken as inappropriate. I now watch myself. I will give you this piece of advice. Because people here on BB are suffering so badly, they can get very sensitive to other remarks and thus get on the defensive side. Then comes the infighting. Not a pleasant way to express yourself. It can get nasty and frankly is unproductive. I would avoid those threads and find another one that can give you the advice and support you need in this trying time. The moderators work for free and there is not enuf of them to read every single post. So, give them a break. They are just doing their job. Betsy

Sorry its been rough for you BA. I have read your posts. You seem like a nice young lady. I have noticed that you let your emotions supercede your intellect. You are smart. Please don't be offended when someone disagrees. I am a Christian, yet my best friend is an atheist. He's a great person. I would never try to change his beliefs. Besides, Its quite freeing, knowing that you can go anywhere in life and not be offended by someones beliefs, just as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Personally, I find it intersting to read other folk's views. I have actually enjoyed reading the A thread. >:D:laugh:

Take care,

Snoball :)

Sorry its been rough for you BA. I have read your posts. You seem like a nice young lady. I have noticed that you let your emotions supercede your intellect. You are smart. Please don't be offended when someone disagrees. I am a Christian, yet my best friend is an atheist. He's a great person. I would never try to change his beliefs. Besides, Its quite freeing, knowing that you can go anywhere in life and not be offended by someones beliefs, just as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Personally, I find it intersting to read other folk's views. I have actually enjoyed reading the A thread. >:D:laugh:

Take care,

Snoball :)

I agree BA.Also maybe you should actually read some of the Atheist comments correctly and understand them then maybe you could come over to the dark side for a while.You won't grow horns like me.I promise you.Yours Be'elzibub.  :laugh:

i feel hurt miss moderator juliea was super nice to me i havnt looked at the rules yet its difficult for me to remember so i would have to read them often to not get moderated again , while im here asking , is it ok to give someone here my phone number or email address since i might get banned someday and want to stay in touch ?

i feel hurt miss moderator juliea was super nice to me i havnt looked at the rules yet its difficult for me to remember so i would have to read them often to not get moderated again , while im here asking , is it ok to give someone here my phone number or email address since i might get banned someday and want to stay in touch ?

No, it's not ok, there is an explicit rule against such things, and the reasons for it are pretty clearly laid out in the rules. Once you read them, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Babyangel - I think the main rules you need to remember are to not be nasty to other people, and allow others to have their opinions without insulting them. These seem to be the two things you haven't been able to grasp just yet. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not just you.

While a lot of other website forums are a bit of a "free-for-all" when it comes to nastiness and "trolling", BB is not. We have a set of strict but very fair rules, the main one being respect for each other. Perhaps because you are young, you are used to the internet being used as a way of anonymously being nasty to other people and saying whatever you like, but it doesn't work that way here. We try to respect each other.

Keep this in mind whenever you are posting, and you will be okay..... and you won't need to worry about getting banned.

i hope that miss juliea was not offended by me i dont want to loose her as a nice person who said nice helpfull things to me

im not trolling i just have a silly childish sense of humor sometimes having a laff gives me some comfort but i'll take that elsewhere and i PROMISE to behave from now on :(

in what i said that was innapropiate i really didnt mean to , moderators should understand that this webpage is meant for people with psychological issues i was told before in my late teens i had autisim  :'( :'(  i did some research on it becuz i didnt beleive it i have so much of the symptoms like repetitive behavior like for many years idk why i did this but i sorta like "played the drums" with my teeth :/  or say random  repetitive things to myself its weird like it just comes out i keep saying a neighbor man's name and initials even though i DONT like him because he exposed himself to me and my mother  :tickedoff: another stymptom of my autism is the seizure problems i had almost 10 years i just read that 39% of ppl with autism have seizures :( , another autism symptom is sleep difficultys :/

i dont want ppl to feel sory for me or anything i just wanted to clear this up , it wouldnt be right for kids in special education or ppl at the state school be punished when they really dont know right fron wrongdoings ?

babyangel, you certainly won't lose my support.  However, we must insist that you follow the forum rules.  And by the way, I have worked with autistic children and adults, children in Special Ed and children and adults in State institutions,  for many years and even for these folks there are repercussions for their activities that are not acceptable.  It's no different here on BenzoBuddies.  We expect all of our members to follow our rules and if a member does not, sanctions are applied.  Also, humor is something that isn't easily conveyed on a message board.  My motto is, "if in doubt, don't post it".  My hope is that you will comply by our rules so that you can continue to give and receive support here.  :)

Hey babyangel,

I've administrated 2 different forums before now, yet on others in my early days I've had my fair share of run-ins with the moderators,  and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the responses you've received in this thread from members and the staff.

On some other forums I've been on you'd have been attacked and ripped apart for even posting this thread.. on one forum I've modded you'd have been instantly banned for posting this thread publicly..  but from what I see you've been shown a lot of love and tolerance.

If it were me I'd take that as a positive and feel happy that you've been supported.

Text-only communication is also one of the worst forms of communication as none of our tone or body-language is transmitted when we're writing something.  What's meant as something calm and relaxed by the writer can sometimes be taken as an angry rant by some readers.  It's just one of the pitfalls of forum life and sometimes we have to accept people taking us the wrong way. 

Due to the nature of this forum there has to be a certain atmosphere maintained by the staff & members because most of us here are pretty anxious people in our lives and have a lot of stress to deal with trying to taper from Benzos and wotnot, and as tricky as it can be sometimes, if we agree to a forum's terms & conditions we have to accept being sanctioned if we do something contrary to the forum's goals. 

The staff are just volunteers, too, people giving up their time to help keep it all running and like you and I, they may make mistakes too because they're only human.

Try not to be hurt by it, it's just the way things are on any forum and I've seen far, far worse elsewhere.  Some forums are better than others and this seems a good one so try and listen to what the staff are saying and mellow a bit. 

I get it, as an individual you feel hurt, I've been there myself.. but try and remember the staff have to consider hundreds of other people, too, and from their perspective it isn't always an easy job to balance the two.  They'll never be able to please everybody all the time no matter how hard they try.  Nor will you, nor will I.  That's life.

B :)

thanks for the reply mr. benzoid , its difficult to say if im autistic because im talented in someways such as art i dont know if you saw my drawing and frogg i made im also computer savy i bought old used computers that are 10-13 years old they had flaws in them i got them running well , im also somewhat mechanically inclined for being a lady i change the oil in my mustang did the antifreeze a few times regularly i also know alot about herbal remedys and share my knowledge in that with people in need  im a lil upset i havnt been able to go to my other rural  home this week for a overnight stay :(

im katie btw you can call me that if you like

Hi Katie, you're welcome.

Well, first of all, it seems to me the best way to know if you are Autistic or not is to get a diagnosis.  At least if you know for sure you can look for ways to manage it and even take advantage of it. 

And, hey, look on the bright side.. you have a Mustang and don't live on a poxy little island with rubbish weather and worse food.. life could be worse than having a few posts moderated on a forum. ;D

All I have to transport myself around is my boots and I DO live on a little island with rubbish weather and worse food!  No Mustang for me lol.

There are plenty of positives to be had on the forum so my advice - take it or leave it as you see fit - is just to let this one go and get on with ya life doing some good for others.  It's a much better way to express yourself and use your energy.

Seems to me that you have some natural gifts and if I had them I'd focus on those and not worry about life's stresses on the internet right now.  Let the calm wash over you. 

Peace-out sister,

:hug:

Ps this is for you:

aww thanks for the hug mr . i think im doing ok so far with my medication i waited long between med doses i last took it tuesday at 8pm i took it again 5 minutes ago today its 12:17pm now i have a relative that takes xanax too just as needed

wow thats cool that you live on a island it must be quiet and peacefull there and thats awesome that you walk for transportation thats exercise right there your getting

i activated quite alot today so i think thats how i feel good right now i cooked alot of food early this morning for 6 people , i almost forgot to mention thats another skill i have im a GREAT cook too :) later today im gonna use the barbecue pit to make some sirlion steaks and some burgers , tomorrow i have to go fasting since im catholic i cant eat any meat or chicken so i'll fry cook alot of catfish i bought at supermarket earlier

i hope you had a good day so far & god bless you, im going back to bed soon for an hour or 2 bcuz i woke up like erm 530am :/

theres a picture of my car my mustang it was kinda old when my parents got it for me when i turned 16 i think it looks really good for a car thats 14 years old it has only 56,000 miles on it it just uses alot of gas since it has a v8 :/

Edit: image deleted

wow thats cool that you live on a island it must be quiet and peacefull there

Lol, not really as the island is the UK :D

and thats awesome that you walk for transportation thats exercise right there your getting

Yeah but only because A) I can't afford a car right now and B) even if I could I can't drive yet as I lacerated my right ankle tendon last year and can't move my foot properly on the accelerator.  Yipee :D

i activated quite alot today so i think thats how i feel good right now i cooked alot of food early this morning for 6 people , i almost forgot to mention thats another skill i have im a GREAT cook too :) later today im gonna use the barbecue pit to make some sirlion steaks and some burgers ,

Yep... thanks for making me feel starving hungry all of a sudden ;)

theres a picture of my car my mustang it was kinda old when my parents got it for me when i turned 16 i think it looks really good for a car thats 14 years old it has only 56,000 miles on it it just uses alot of gas since it has a v8 :/

Oh, only a V8?  You poor thing you (sarcasm).  Try running that in England where gas is £1.34p/ltr ;)

Sounds like you've had a good day offline today.  Much better than I've had which consisted of sitting at home feeling ill and having withdrawal to contend with.  Things aren't so bad where you are after all.

Peace-out Sister.  Enjoy your fast.

B :)

wow thats awesome your from the uk benzoid ! i have a close online skype  friend from there from the city Leeds its difficult to understand him because he is a "chav"  "dey awl type lyke dis i fink"  :laugh:

i like a old little car thats made in the uk that isnt sold in america the old style mini cooper!!

even though i cant eat meat on fridays because of lent i still feel stuffed right now ! i ate alot of donuts for breakfast    :o

i'll be gone most of today im finally going to the ranch house ! i have to stop by a place in the little town nearby there first so i can renew my state funded health insurance so i hope you have a great day today and enjoy your weekend !!

Yes I have been moderated, even flat out personally attacked by a moderator who went to great extremes to insult me, and other moderators found no problem with that.

Some moderators are good, some are not.  They have there own issues and power often goes to people's heads.  Try not to take it personally and be as kind to others as you can.  If the moderator is off base, others will see it and perceive it but may not speak up for fear of also becoming a target.  You are by no means the only one to be picked on.

Mairin33,

If you are referring to what I think you are referring, you are treading on thin ice. For your own good, I strongly suggest that you drop this now before I quote what it was you posted which caused Xerxes to intervene.

i hope that miss juliea was not offended by me i dont want to loose her as a nice person who said nice helpfull things to me

im not trolling i just have a silly childish sense of humor sometimes having a laff gives me some comfort but i'll take that elsewhere and i PROMISE to behave from now on :(

I'm the same way, babyangel (about the sense of humor getting me in trouble  >:D ).  :laugh:

But also.. ummm.. I've seen some posts that don't seem to be humor-wrapped at all, and

they appear mean spirited, especially to staffers who don't want little wars going on in the

forums based on personal attacks. 

I feel like I won't lose the staffers as friends if I abide as best I can to the aforementioned

rules/guidelines. 

You sound like you think they have something against you personally.  They just want to

keep the place civil, that's all.  And sometimes some of us approach the line and even cross

it.. so, we'll attract the attention of a mod or admin. 

Peace,

- Slappy

hi ppls i had a great day i went to my health insurance place earlier to renew my papperwork they wer helpfull there giving me some papperwork where i can get a good medicine discout at the walmart pharmacy or cvs pharmacys it will be 75% of ! thats only $10 for 120 1mg pills and like $1 for the trazadone :D , well after that meeting i was driving home a 50 mile round trip in my mustang 3/4 of a mile from home my car DYED stalled on me i had to go on the turning lane of a 4 lane 45mph highway

i called my family for help before that happend 2 ppl came to help push me off the road onto a road that isnt used much thats WIDE , the starting fluid didnt work so i was towed home one of the good samaritans came with me to do some mechanical work on my car

he looked at it closely for an hour tested it and saw a hose leek so that wasnt so bad of a fix $$ to do he befriended me he admited to me he was autistic i told him i was too and im taking meds

over all i think i had a great day today meeting a new friend

slappy the last time i got in trouble was 3 days ago for being sill with my sense of humor when i first saw the moderator name xerxes i thought of the guy from the movie "meet the spartans" named xerxes  so all i did was i wrote a message saying " when i saw your name xerxes it reminded me of him (i put the photo of ken davidian) he's like wearing a lionloth no shirt on and some gold chains attached to his nipples and weirdest of all he's like 300-350 pounds ! :P i was in trouble banned from making messages for 3 days for that , all i wanted to do was just be silly and make some of you people laff,

laughter is good medicine it works for me cheers me up during my worst days

slappy the last time i got in trouble was 3 days ago for being sill with my sense of humor when i first saw the moderator name xerxes i thought of the guy from the movie "meet the spartans" named xerxes  so all i did was i wrote a message saying " when i saw your name xerxes it reminded me of him (i put the photo of ken davidian) he's like wearing a lionloth no shirt on and some gold chains attached to his nipples and weirdest of all he's like 300-350 pounds ! :P i was in trouble banned from making messages for 3 days for that , all i wanted to do was just be silly and make some of you people laff,

laughter is good medicine it works for me cheers me up during my worst days

You were suspended from sending and receiving pm's for a totally different reason. If you are going to come here and complain, lets get the facts straight.  This action was taken because of a racist remark you made in a pm to a member.

pianogirl

Babyangel I'm wondering if you're having some memory issues from the benzo

you're on.  Short term memory loss is common.

[d4...]