Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

is there a DR in the house...

[c2...]

[c2...]
i often wonder if there are any doctors here going through withdrawal, they take meds too.. i know there are nurses..

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sp...]

• [Mo...]

• [...]

• [gu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[c2...]
it would be very interesting if there were. i'm sure if there were, they're going to tell lol !! but it is possible because they don't know anything about withdrawal..

The more addicted doctors, the better. Sorry. But it's a great way to get the news around

that these drugs suck.

Iggy

[c2...]
i agree iggy, more of them should take benzos then they would know about the suffering of w/d. i know a dr that does weed.. he should have tried benzos.. lol !!!

The more addicted doctors, the better. Sorry. But it's a great way to get the news around

that these drugs suck.

Iggy

Agree Iggi!!!

D21 :thumbsup:

i often wonder if there are any doctors here going through withdrawal, they take meds too.. i know there are nurses..

This is an interesting question.  I've never seen any of the members here admit to being a doctor, but it would be great if there were some that really understood what these pills are capable of doing.  I had several doctors prescribe benzos to me and one told me that they were essentially no different than alcohol, just in a pill form.  This really gave me a false sense of confidence because I had frequently drank alcohol in the past (especially in college  ::) ) and never had any problems stopping.  I assumed my body would react the same way to benzos.  Bad assumption.  >:(

Optimist

I believe Spartacus is a doctor. There are certainly plenty of nurses and PhD biologist and other scientists on here as well.

[c2...]
it amazes me that these dr's and such didn't know what these drugs could do to them. i can understand the common person because we rely on the dr's that prescribe them to us to tell us about them... "just saying"

I believe Spartacus is a doctor. There are certainly plenty of nurses and PhD biologist and other scientists on here as well.

i don't think Spartacus is a Doctor, but she is someone special thats for sure.

i guess no Doctor would be able to go through Benzo wd the way some of us have to on this Forum.

they would not have the time, patience and bravery , they would find a way out.

just imagine Doctors going through the pain some of us do, no way Sir. >:(

i guess no Doctor would be able to go through Benzo wd the way some of us have to on this Forum.

just imagine Doctors going through the pain some of us have to, no way Sir. >:(

I know several doctors personally who have struggled with benzo w/d and other substance abuse issues.

These are human beings just like you and I and they too feel pain and fear.

Some of them are forced into treatment or they risk losing their license to practice.

They deserve support just as much as anybody else.

Yes, Spartacus was a long time primary care doctor who got trapped in this benzo mess, the same as the rest of us.  :-[  She revealed this in her 3rd post on the board.  What a sweet, supportive and caring buddie she is.

I know of two dentists and one other doctor who were or are members here.   

Spartacus is a doc and plenty brave. Her wd was/is horrific. I typically don't just make things up that I havent read.

Yes, Spartacus was a long time primary care doctor who got trapped in this benzo mess, the same as the rest of us.  :-[  She revealed this in her 3rd post on the board.  What a sweet, supportive and caring buddie she is.

oops, appologies , i did not know, i love Spartacus and i agree Doctors are human beings

they are not made of plastic.

the only cases we had in this country took the easy way out and shot themselves.

No problem.  Im not a doctor but I sort of knew better myself and still took them. I knew they were addictive I just didnt know how bs d the wd could get. I actually hesitated after getting the script but eventually filled it. I would give anything for a do over as im sure many would.

oops, appologies , i did not know, i love Spartacus and i agree Doctors are human beings

they are not made of plastic.

the only cases we had in this country took the easy way out and shot themselves.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what you just posted about the all of the doctors in your country who suffered from benzo withdrawal taking an easy way out, as you said.  Many people suffer with benzo withdrawal in silence and many people don't even realize that what they are suffering from is benzo withdrawal.

[c2...]
yes. i can't imagine suffering from this and not knowing why..  that thought gives me chills down my spine, which i probably can't feel right now anyway....due to sxs..i personally think gp's should have more education on all the meds they prescribe. i mean we wouldn't randomly go into our medicine drawer and give our children a med we don't know anything about.. but yet that's what the dr's are doing to us.. "just saying"

I work in mental health (not a Doctor) and I've come across a doctor or 2 on benzos... Happens to all of us...

In fact, Dr's have to be supervised in the meds cupboard by a nurse in my region in the uk... due to historical issues with high misuse rates!!!  :idiot:

yes. i can't imagine suffering from this and not knowing why..  that thought gives me chills down my spine, which i probably can't feel right now anyway....due to sxs..i personally think gp's should have more education on all the meds they prescribe. i mean we wouldn't randomly go into our medicine drawer and give our children a med we don't know anything about.. but yet that's what the dr's are doing to us.. "just saying"

Well if they keep getting fed a heap of baloney by the pharmaceutical companies then that is what they are going to pass on to us, the patients.

I have a benzo history of almost 40 years and I remember as far back as the early 70s warnings from various doctors about benzos, and some of them even expressed great concern over my continued use.

[c2...]
i never got any warnings about them and according to a lot of people on BB they weren't warned either. i would have never taken this drug if someone informed me of the withdrawal. for a matter of fact i talked to many dr's after i c/t and they had no idea how long or what to expect during w/d.

[c2...]

My doctor told me

"Benzo's are the least of your worries" a-hole!

I want off all nonessential meds! NOW!

they should be referring us for therapy instead of writing scripts.