Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How did you choose your Avatar?

[a9...]

In the real world here at home my hubby has always called me Duck when I joined I have my DD58 as my signing in name, but then liljoe cottoned on when I mentioned hubby called me Duck. It took some time to find my avatar but it is me to a tee.

Duck :)

thanks snoball! did you have a good weekend? i was hoping it was going to be warmer i been wanting to go out to the beach again :( hopefully in a week or 2 !

thanks snoball! did you have a good weekend? i was hoping it was going to be warmer i been wanting to go out to the beach again :( hopefully in a week or 2 !

Thanks for asking Babyangel. :) It was ok. :P I wish I could go to a beach. The water is still frozen where I live. If I were to dive in, I would end up  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: :idiot: or worse. :D:laugh:

God Bless You ;)

Snoball

How did you choose your avatar?

I went into My Pictures and thought... "yeah that'll do as it sort of says something about letting go of my dependence on Benzos".  Sort of.

The rest in the folder were mostly inappropriate for this forum and I couldn't be bothered finding a different one online. ;)

B :)

I was in an Ativan induced haze when I chose mine, so I don't remember why exactly.  :idiot: I guess I thought it was cute. And I like cats.

Rriver  :)

Avatar?? Why, this is a picture of me when I was:

1. Young

2. Beautiful

3. Especially pretty in black and white.

4. Pure, before chemicals such as booze and pills ruined me.

That's YOU??? honestly?? I thought that was Liz Taylor back in her Cleopatra days....You're really purddy. :)

I'm fooling around with several avatars in Gimp. 

I want the "right" one to convey several opposing things at once:

- the struggle

- happy to be moving along making progress

- my contempt for my benzo prescribing doctor, who either had no clue or lied

when he told me I could "use it as needed, quit when you feel like it, nobody gets

addicted."  Well, maybe not addicted by the dictionary definition, but dependent as

hell! as we all know.

So you actually made that avi with that amount of meaning behind it?

I'm impressed, Slappy.  :thumbsup:

Hey thanks, Benzoid.  :)

Now I know I'm keeping it.  :laugh:

I'm fooling around with several avatars in Gimp. 

I want the "right" one to convey several opposing things at once:

- the struggle

- happy to be moving along making progress

- my contempt for my benzo prescribing doctor, who either had no clue or lied

when he told me I could "use it as needed, quit when you feel like it, nobody gets

addicted."  Well, maybe not addicted by the dictionary definition, but dependent as

hell! as we all know.

Awesome avatar, Slappy!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Rriver

Thanx Rriver.  :)

Your avatar was my daughter's favorite stuffed toy all through her

childhood.  She still has her Felix the Cat, albeit a bit ragged and worn

from hundreds of sleepy hugs and being dragged around the house

when she was a toddler.  :laugh:

Mine I chose when in a REAL bad way...My Username is RedOrBlue because well, The Matrix was on t.v while I was signing up to this site and I was in deep deep cold turkey.I literally could not think and was finding it really hard to choose a name.So when Morphius offered Neo the Red Or blue pill I just took that as a name and it seemed like a really witty and intelligent choice to me at the time because of the 'pill' double meaning thing(As I said I was in a real bad way lol). The Avatar is a bit less interesting.I just googled 'Red or blue' and clicked images in google and i liked this picture which was imple and to the point....What d'yous think about my name and avatar.Good or just meh??

Mine I chose when in a REAL bad way...My Username is RedOrBlue because well, The Matrix was on t.v while I was signing up to this site and I was in deep deep cold turkey.I literally could not think and was finding it really hard to choose a name.So when Morphius offered Neo the Red Or blue pill I just took that as a name and it seemed like a really witty and intelligent choice to me at the time because of the 'pill' double meaning thing(As I said I was in a real bad way lol). The Avatar is a bit less interesting.I just googled 'Red or blue' and clicked images in google and i liked this picture which was imple and to the point....What d'yous think about my name and avatar.Good or just meh??

I love The Matrix and the meaning behind the red and blue pill.  Very cool... 8)

I just wanted something motivational as an avatar. I will change it as time goes on because change happens as we heal. Right now I need to see these words "you are going to want to give up. Don't!" My profile name is what my brother-in-law called me when I told my family I wanted to go back for my PhD. Now everyone in my family calls me La Profesora meaning "the professor."

Thanx Rriver.  :)

Your avatar was my daughter's favorite stuffed toy all through her

childhood.  She still has her Felix the Cat, albeit a bit ragged and worn

from hundreds of sleepy hugs and being dragged around the house

when she was a toddler.  :laugh:

That's adorable!  :laugh::smitten:

I was so out of it when I picked this avatar, I didn't even recognize it as Felix the Cat. I was like, "duuuuh, cute kitty . . . like kitties . . ."  :D

I was so out of it when I picked this avatar, I didn't even recognize it as Felix the Cat. I was like, "duuuuh, cute kitty . . . like kitties . . ."  :D

Oh boy, it sounds like you were in a similar head space as many of us back at higher doses.    :D

Thinking back to things that were so important then.. and to those "out of it" things, as you

say.. I admit I was pretty messed up as I tried to make it through each day literally one

minute at a time.  :-[

But hey, I'm pinging off on your mention of not realizing that was Felix the Cat ("the

wonderful wonderful cat," as the cartoon theme song went.. hey, I'm old  :laugh:).

As we heal,

- Slappy

• 7 months later...

Well.....I have to make a confession .....

I put this pic cause at the time I was so naive and stupid.....

also it makes me to remember garbage song "stupid girl"...

Haha