Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Positive Book Thread

[b8...]

[b8...]

There's a lot of threads on what books to read regarding learning about benzos but I also find it's necessary to not always focus on benzo related stuff in order for us to have balance and also help heal faster.

Post any books that you have read that are positive, heartfelt, encouraging, uplifting, etc.  They can be non fiction/fiction whatever, just anything that can help boost morale.

Here are some of my favorites:

"You Can Heal Your Life" - Louise Hay

"You Can Heal Your Life Workbook" - Louise Hay

"The Power Is Within You" - Louise Hay

"The Power of Now" - Eckhart Tolle

"Don't Buy Too Many Green Bananas" - Delores Warner

"Mysterious Stranger" - David Blaine

"The Truth About Beauty" - Kat James

My husband and I have a beautifully restored relationship with the help of some great relationship books!:

For him:

Point Man (Farrar)

Finishing Strong (Farrar)

Wild At Heart (Eldredge)

For her:

Love and Respect (Eggerichs)

Conflict FREE Living (Meyer)

Captivating (Eldredge)

The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands (Schlessinger)--not for the faint of heart!! ;)

The Secret to True Happiness (Meyer)

These two have absolutely been foundational in helping me better understand first me, secondly my spouse, and third the others around me...so much.:

1.) Wired That Way (Littauer)

2.) The Five Love Languages (Chapman)

So many others that I've read that have helped me so much, but we'll leave it here for now. :)

Thank you for starting this thread :)

Mrs. :smitten:

[fb...]

There's a lot of threads on what books to read regarding learning about benzos but I also find it's necessary to not always focus on benzo related stuff in order for us to have balance and also help heal faster.

Post any books that you have read that are positive, heartfelt, encouraging, uplifting, etc.  They can be non fiction/fiction whatever, just anything that can help boost morale.

I love Eckhart Tolle.  I read and listened to almost all of "his" work and he is very helpful.  In benzo withdrawal, listening to him all of the time has kind of back fired big time though lol.  I am always hearing his freaking voice in my head.

[b8...]

I love Eckhart Tolle.  I read and listened to almost all of "his" work and he is very helpful.  In benzo withdrawal, listening to him all of the time has kind of back fired big time though lol.  I am always hearing his freaking voice in my head.

Haha, depending on what words you are hearing it might be good! I can understand how that would drive you wild, that's why I prefer reading, then when there are affirmations I can say them in my head and hear my own voice. People have said it's a good thing to even record your own affirmations and listen to them with headphones so that it is your own voice and your brain reacts to it better.