Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Game of Thrones

[ba...]

Daenerys Targaryen will rule someday?  Me thinks her dragons will help her gain the throne in King's Landing and send Joffrey Baratheon to hell.    :laugh:

I just started reading the books (Christmas present) and have never seen the TV series.  I'm almost done with the first book and things are getting really exciting.    ;D 

Molly :smitten:

Hi Molly,

When I'm able to read again, which should be soon, I definitely will be reading the series.  I just love this show.  I'm completely hooked on it!

Some say the book and cable series are too different, but isn't that almost always the case?  Most defend it saying the books are too broad to be encapsulated into a tv series.  Nevertheless, the show is very well produced and directed.

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Game of Thrones books and tv show!

I read the books and watched the series  over and over last year and now I don't remember anything at all!!

And I cannot watch anything with violence and ex yet without it revving my symptoms,so there you are!

Oh and my mom called her dog after Jaime Lannister! :laugh:

I hope to get better in time for the new series,but I doubt I'll have my memory back.It will keep,right?

Loved Game of Thrones books and tv show!

I read the books and watched the series  over and over last year and now I don't remember anything at all!!

And I cannot watch anything with violence and ex yet without it revving my symptoms,so there you are!

Oh and my mom called her dog after Jaime Lannister! :laugh:

I hope to get better in time for the new series,but I doubt I'll have my memory back.It will keep,right?

Hi Sky,

I have two more episodes to watch but I'm kind of saving them.  :)

I know exactly what you mean by losing memory and recall.  If you look at my signature you will see I did a slow taper, but my symptoms matched those who went through a cold turkey.  I was very ill for many months, but in the last few weeks I've "turned the corner".  Gradually, my symptoms have been lessening.

I have been doing puzzles throughout my taper to kick start my brain.  And I was having great difficulty following GoT so I started doing research and taking notes.  It really helps me with my memory lapses, and I'm able to enjoy the show much more.  Plus, research is another great distraction!

:smitten: