Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone LOVE to watch Nurse Jackie?

[Ka...]

I absolutely love the show. Being that I am (or was) a RN, I can wholly relate to nurse Jackie. Of course she never went through the hell we do with withdrawals from the pain pills she took. The other night she was going on a date and said, "I've never been sober in a dress." I can relate to that too, I was on klonopin and or alcohol on all my past dating experiences. Now that I could possibly go on a date with no klonopin or help to relax I am sure I would be a total mess!!! Scary thought.

I would like to watch back episodes if anyone knows how to get them. Right now I do get showtime.  ;)

You can get the streaming videos from Amazon for 19 bucks a season, if you have the money.  I'm hoping it comes to Netflix in the future.  ;D

It's on Netflix now, but you have to get the disks in the mail.

I love the show too...

I may have to check out getting the discs from netflix. Thanks for the info!

Having worked in hospitals for years, I just crack up at the antics in the ER. They do happen somewhat in real life, but not in such a grand scale. Yes, people do go in rooms to do the horizontal mambo! LOL

I love the way nurse Jackie does what she wants for patients without having to cower to doctors and they never figure it out, she does it without a hitch. I like her better off drugs. I am also a single again mom so I can relate to her dalliances too...(dalliances, old term heard recently on Downton Abbey)

:thumbsup:

I may have to check out getting the discs from netflix. Thanks for the info!

Having worked in hospitals for years, I just crack up at the antics in the ER. They do happen somewhat in real life, but not in such a grand scale. Yes, people do go in rooms to do the horizontal mambo! LOL

I love the way nurse Jackie does what she wants for patients without having to cower to doctors and they never figure it out, she does it without a hitch. I like her better off drugs. I am also a single again mom so I can relate to her dalliances too...(dalliances, old term heard recently on Downton Abbey)

:thumbsup:

I'm no nurse, but it seems to me that they get a lot of things RIGHT. I wonder how many times sharp nurses save the asses of the doctors they are supposedly working FOR.

Anyone who has ever been in a hospital knows what it feels like to get a great nurse - or a horrible one.

The last time I had surgery I had BOTH. One was an angel, the other nearly killed me.

Most of all what makes me furious is that nurses get paid so horribly. :(

Yes, nurses are the most important commodity in hospitals, and nowadays the nurse is stretched too thin to the point that it is dangerous for both the nurse and the patient. Hospital CEOs are paid 500,000 a year or more plus bonuses. A nurse now may make 80,000 with NO bonuses ever. Once I got a $20 certificate for a turkey. It is a tragic sign of the times I guess. My dad was in the hospital last week and had to wait over an hour and a half once to get help to get back in the bed. It really is scary!

Nurse Jackie would fall into the angel category, she is just awesome.  :angel:

Hello Nurse Katia - I am absolutely in love with Jackie!! I have purchase all seasons on DVD for my mother. She invites a little group of girlfriends from her senior residence to binge watch at her place.  :)

Not sure if there are any hospitals that tiny in real life, but as a microcosm of an ER, I think it is pretty good. One of the reasons I really love this particular show is I don't hate any character. That is rare for me. I usually like a show despite some icky characters.

It broke my heart - the last thing Jackie did at the end of last season - just broke my heart.

I currently don't have a TV and I think the new season starts soon.  It may be just the thing that gets me to buy a new TV and start paying the high rip off rates of DirecTV.  We'll see.....

There is no one I respect more in this world than nurses.  :smitten:

M. 

Hi mplsgrl,

I did not see last season, I just got showtime recently and I am watching last year's episodes right now. I like all the characters too. Love that she started dating a cop, nurses tend to hook up with cops, they hang around ER's. I once dated a sherriff's deputy and he was so, so hot and sexy. The first time I saw him in his uniform I think I flipped. He changed a lot later and got really strange sadly. I never forgot about him. I am sure that I could easily crush on another guy in uniform. Doctors never have done much for me oddly enough, lol. I guess I have been exposed to much to their nasty side when a patient goes down hill.

By the way, love Liz too! Jackie is my hero though. I do miss nursing a lot, my brain is too wacko now to even think about going back to work at this point. Breaks my heart. I am not feeling confidant right now that my mind is ever coming back.

Yes, nurses are the most important commodity in hospitals, and nowadays the nurse is stretched too thin to the point that it is dangerous for both the nurse and the patient. Hospital CEOs are paid 500,000 a year or more plus bonuses. A nurse now may make 80,000 with NO bonuses ever. Once I got a $20 certificate for a turkey. It is a tragic sign of the times I guess. My dad was in the hospital last week and had to wait over an hour and a half once to get help to get back in the bed. It really is scary!

Nurse Jackie would fall into the angel category, she is just awesome.  :angel:

Everything is upside down. The clowns in "administration" always get paid way more. But they either know almost nothing OR they are people who moved up to those jobs because they could no longer afford to keep their "lower" jobs.

Who in a hospital is more important than the nurses?

It's the same in teaching. The people who do the actual teaching get paid less.

We live in a Looking Glass world.