Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bed Bugs ?

[re...]

Anyone ever had bed bugs? How did you know? What did you do?

Ever think you had bed bug bites that turned out to be something else?

Every few months I'll start getting these things on my arms that look like bug bites. Then it stops, and I think it was all just imaginary. Then it starts again.

This has been going on since 2010. You would think that in 3.5 years time, if it was bed bugs, there'd be quite a large infestation and I'd be getting more than the occasional bite, and I'd be able to find other evidence of them. But I've never seen one, never found shed skins, no fecal spots, no signs of infestation, not on the mattress, not in the box springs, not along the baseboards or behind the pictures or in the drawers or anywhere, and I have looked.

And I've cleaned and sprayed and encased the box springs and mattress and run the bedding through the dryer every night, and my clothes as well before I wear them. Never seen a bug. Just their occasional "bites".

And so I wonder: is this something else? Not bug bites at all? Some weird skin problem caused by benzos?

I used to get red bumps on the back side of my arms and I guess it was hormonal or an allergy to something.  Maybe you're allergic to the detergent?  Benzo w/d can cause rashes, etc.