Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

music, it saves me

[bk...]

I love music, when I feel ok. I used to like my music very loud, now its quiet.  My favorite is classic rock. I also really like nickelback, fitz and the tantrums, norah jones, and some country rock .        Kay

• 2 weeks later...

you have good taste in music bk i like led zepplin alice cooper too and such

it upsets me though when i listen to that it remineds me of when i used to be able to drink and listen to music for 6-8 hours i loved that i dont drink anymore :(

• 1 month later...

Music has always been my best friend--always there to keep me company and speak to me about whatever I needed to hear.

I know I'm getting old cuz I sound like my dad when I was 16 about today's music--"That's not music! You call that music?"

There are some good songs today but i have to really listen to a lot of crap to find them. At least in the digital world I can download and compile my own playlists, usually songs from the past.

Eric Clapton is probably my all-time favorite guitar player/songwriter because he has survived a lot and evolved through the years, like I have. And I don't mean his top 10 hits that get played over and over like I Shot the Sheriff and Lay Down Sally. All these Clear-Channel radio stations have the same playlists that are just commercial hits. They don't care about exploring deeper into an artists repertoire, anymore. Now when I was a young buck, FM Radio was new and daring and subversive and interesting. But, there I go again . . . 

I love rock & roll,  Blues & jazz not so keen on Opera or hip hop. Going to Blues Fest in beautiful Byron Bay in a few weeks !

If I couldn't play guitar anymore I'd probably go to a psych ward shortly afterwards.  It's my way of communicating what can't be said in words.  It's central to my identity and has got me through the darkest days.  We are one.

I only have two house rules.. 1) don't create stress & arguments as my home is my sanctuary and 2) don't damage my guitars or there'll be hell to pay.

I love so much music from classical to rock to techno to whatever, so long as each individual tune is good quality and not just been done before or used to fill a blank space on an album.  The genre isn't important to me and I don't turn my nose up at a tune because it's from a genre that's not usually my scene.  I like to look for he tune were the artists really hit it and got it right.

Music reminds me of the past, the present, who I am, what I've got to do, how I feel, allows me to cry and gives me a way to talk to people by using other people's poetry.

Life would be bland and depressing without it.

All hail music!  :thumbsup:

If I couldn't play guitar anymore I'd probably go to a psych ward shortly afterwards.

i should try to learn how to play the guitar too, i have a old Martin  guitar that was given to me a few years ago from relatives of a deceased friend , i got new strings for it and got it tuned . its an accoustic guitar except it has a plug on it for an amplifier its in a case so its well preserved

Martin usually make some pretty good guitars, especially American-made ones.  Get cracking, the quicker you start the quicker you'll get better.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
i have the tv on , theres music channels called "music choice" i listened to it since yesterday different channels having music just from either the 1970s 1980s 1990s right now im listening to 2000s , its nice to hear old song i remember from when i was really young  on the 2000s (2000-2009)

• 2 weeks later...

Music reminds me of the past, the present, who I am, what I've got to do, how I feel, allows me to cry and gives me a way to talk to people by using other people's poetry.

Life would be bland and depressing without it.

All hail music!  :thumbsup:

Benzoid: Wow...this pretty much says it all!  Very well put! 

I like a wide range of music, but if I had to pick one artist that is my favorite that would be Billy Joel.  I especially like the song Scenes From An Italian Restaurant.

PD