Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

saddened by the loss of philip seymour hoffman

[pr...]

I think that anyone who gets hooked on alcohol or drugs is an accidental addict because I don't think anyone things that he/she will be one of the people who develops a habit.

A couple centuries ago everyone drank way too much. It is how people lived. But some people didn't seem to have a problem, others had their lives destroyed. John Adams started off the day with hard cider. He drank it for breakfast. Obviously he was fine, but two of his sons probably died from booze.

One person experiments with a drug, and that's it. Another tries it, it feels too good, so it becomes a habit.

I used cocaine once. I was in my 20s. I didn't snort it, so I forget how it got in my system, and I didn't know anything about it. It was one of the most horrible experiences of my life. I think I could have had as much "fun" with rat poison. Obviously my body just didn't like it.

My best friend drank too much beer when we were around age 19, got horribly sick. I remember we tried to teach him how to stick his finger down his throat and puke everything up, but he couldn't do it.

I don't ever recall him drinking again. And he never took drugs, like pills.

But he was totally addicted to caffeine. He started smoking when he was around 18, was immediately hooked, and when he died at age 56 from a massive heart attack, most like it was the caffeine plus smoking plus years of no exercise that did him in.

We are all born with different genetic quirks that make us preconditioned to become addicted to many things, maybe fatally, but if we are lucky enough never to be exposed to those things, we can live long lives never realizing the potential.

People who have never become addicted to anything are not strong, moral, superior, better - they are just damned lucky.

my one grandmother used to throw the word addict around alot.

she said they wèrent strong ppl.

yes, some ppl do think of it was a superior over others thing.

my first hubby wouldve never became an alcoholic, he was allergic, the next am he would have  bad headache.

i wish the first benzo i had taken i wouldve had bad reaction to iy :tickedoff:

I rarely crack up, but he made me laugh in Along Came Polly

i know, that performance really had me cracking up heartily.

"Dude No! This is serious ...... I just sharted"  :laugh::thumbsup:

I rarely crack up, but he made me laugh in Along Came Polly

i know, that performance really had me cracking up heartily.

"Dude No! This is serious ...... I just sharted"  :laugh::thumbsup:

when i first saw/heard him say that and use his hand gesture to get his point across to Ben Stiller's character, i was doubling over cracking up.

i also doubled over when him and Ben were watching the video of the wedding and Sandy (Philip's character) yells out to the TV set "Liar"

do you remember that part?

"Dude, i have a situation here" "i just farted and a little shit came out--i sharted" :laugh: hysterical!

and the whole basketball scene and the pizza scene "I'm your daddy, i'm your daddy"

• 3 weeks later...

i had read that 'prescription drugs' were in the mix. i still can't wrap my head around this and especially with the derealisation and dissociative symptoms. i had a vision just pop into my mind yesterday coupled with a saying "oh Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead -- kinda reminding me type of thing since it's still so shocking.

i am still shocked about Heath Ledger. i still haven't wrapped my mind around that one either and it's been years. bizarre!

[a8...]

i had read that 'prescription drugs' were in the mix. i still can't wrap my head around this and especially with the derealisation and dissociative symptoms. i had a vision just pop into my mind yesterday coupled with a saying "oh Philip Seymour Hoffman is dead -- kinda reminding me type of thing since it's still so shocking.

i am still shocked about Heath Ledger. i still haven't wrapped my mind around that one either and it's been years. bizarre!

I know :( it's so so so sad. Almost all the celebrity OD's in the past few years have included a benzo or multiple benzos, it really shows how easily they are prescribed and how addictive they are.

I know :( it's so so so sad. Almost all the celebrity OD's in the past few years have included a benzo or multiple benzos, it really shows how easily they are prescribed and how addictive they are.

i can't tell you how many times i was on the exact same mixture except i never shot up heroin. but the benzo's, opiates, alcohol and other prescription meds and marjuana and i even had a short run with cocaine. it's just boggles my mind how i am still here and i get mad at my brain for still doing the squeezing thing -- sorry brain you can squeeze as long as you need to. but get over it soon :)

[a8...]

i can't tell you how many times i was on the exact same mixture except i never shot up heroin. but the benzo's, opiates, alcohol and other prescription meds and marjuana and i even had a short run with cocaine. it's just boggles my mind how i am still here and i get mad at my brain for still doing the squeezing thing -- sorry brain you can squeeze as long as you need to. but get over it soon :)

Well I'm glad you are still here brain squeezing and all, you're lucky to be alive if you were mixing!