Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Super Bowl XLVIII

[Jo...]

My guess is that there must be a load of Americans and Canadians on this board, and surely then a big football fan base?

I've had a disatrous fantasy season, and my picks in the playoffs haven't been any better. So, I don't imagine my SB48 prediction will be any better. I just have a gut feeling that the Broncos will do it. For all his playoff woes over the years, Manning seems to be on course for a year of destiny, and with some many offensive wepaons at his disposal, I just can't see even the mighty 'Hawks defence being able to keep him out. What impresses me most about the Broncos this season is that their awesome ability to put up massive point tallies is based as much on their o-line as their WRs. The protection Manning gets is just incredible, and they can go up the gut when they need to run as well. I think the Seahawks will need to score 30 points minimum to win.

That all said, if anyone is capable of getting those points, its the Seahawks. Lynch is a machine, and I love the versatility of Wilson. Thing is though, I reckon if the Broncos can limit Lynch to less than 100 yards, I think they win, largely because i don't think the Seahawks have got the slot recievers to keep the Broncos secondary honest, so they can put extra coverage out wide.

Then again, what do I know? I've called almost every playoff game wrong up to now!

The Seahawks have the best defense.  However, they do push things to the limit because they know the refs can't call every hold or interference.  It's going to be a tough game.  The Broncos do have a lot of offensive weapons and Manning will simply go to the open person, whoever it may be.  The receivers are all pretty selfless, there are no huge egos.

I'm excited about the game and nervous as well. 

GO BRONCOS

The Seahawks have the best defense.  However, they do push things to the limit because they know the refs can't call every hold or interference. 

I think you're right about this. The Seahawks secondary is the best in the game, and they do push every play to the limit in terms of holding. Thing is though, we've seen throughout the playoffs that the corners in particular have been getting the benefit of the referees' decisions, with some blatant calls not being given. If that trend continues then its to the Seahawks' favour.

Can't wait for the game!

If the Broncos give up fewer than two turnovers and two sacks, I think they win. The O line needs to come up huge! It should be a real nail-biter. I don't need this stress!!

What can I say except: Omaha Omaha!  ;D

Pianogirl, I saw this article and thought of you  :laugh:

City pledges $1,500 for 'Omaha' calls

Fresh off pledging $800 to Peyton Manning's charity for each time he uttered "Omaha" in the AFC Championship Game, the Omaha Chamber Of Commerce says it will now donate $1,500 for each time he yells the word during the Super Bowl.

The Nebraska city's business arm says a total of 15 local businesses are part of the donation, including CenturyLink, Mutual of Omaha, First National Bank of Omaha, Omaha Steaks, Omaha Storm Chasers, Omaha Box Company, DJ's Dugout, Union Pacific, ConAgra Foods, Cox Communications, Brix, HDR, Northstar Financial, One Transcription Services and Oriental Trading.

Eight of the businesses ponied up $24,800 as a result of Manning calling out "Omaha" 31 times at the line of scrimmage against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.

The money will go to the quarterback's "Peyback Foundation," which supports disadvantaged children. In 2012, the last year in which the charity's filings are public, the Peyback Foundation raised $1.6 million and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to youth organizations in Indiana, Tennessee and Louisiana.

A Chamber of Commerce official says the organization has not yet officially donated the money already earned by Manning in the playoff game.

Meanwhile, the word has gained new life. eCreamery in Omaha is now serving an "Omaha! Omaha" flavor which features orange vanilla and blue malt balls, and the Denver International Airport has put an exclamation point on signage detailing flights to and from the city.

What can I say except: Omaha Omaha!  ;D

Pianogirl, I saw this article and thought of you  :laugh:

City pledges $1,500 for 'Omaha' calls

Fresh off pledging $800 to Peyton Manning's charity for each time he uttered "Omaha" in the AFC Championship Game, the Omaha Chamber Of Commerce says it will now donate $1,500 for each time he yells the word during the Super Bowl.

The Nebraska city's business arm says a total of 15 local businesses are part of the donation, including CenturyLink, Mutual of Omaha, First National Bank of Omaha, Omaha Steaks, Omaha Storm Chasers, Omaha Box Company, DJ's Dugout, Union Pacific, ConAgra Foods, Cox Communications, Brix, HDR, Northstar Financial, One Transcription Services and Oriental Trading.

Eight of the businesses ponied up $24,800 as a result of Manning calling out "Omaha" 31 times at the line of scrimmage against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.

The money will go to the quarterback's "Peyback Foundation," which supports disadvantaged children. In 2012, the last year in which the charity's filings are public, the Peyback Foundation raised $1.6 million and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to youth organizations in Indiana, Tennessee and Louisiana.

A Chamber of Commerce official says the organization has not yet officially donated the money already earned by Manning in the playoff game.

Meanwhile, the word has gained new life. eCreamery in Omaha is now serving an "Omaha! Omaha" flavor which features orange vanilla and blue malt balls, and the Denver International Airport has put an exclamation point on signage detailing flights to and from the city.

Hi Optomist,

Yes, I am aware of this and I think it's a wonderful way to raise money for Peyton's charity.  :)

Here's hoping there are a lot more "Omaha" calls on Sunday!!!!  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

I've got all my super bowl food ready to go.  I was going to try to make something orange and blue but decided just to mix together some oranges and blueberries.  I think I'll be nervously snacking on enough "less than" healthy food anyway.  :)

GO BRONCOS

Many of the "experts" are predicting this to be a close game.  Without the home-crowd advantage which was a big part of Seattle's success, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Denver will win by 2 touchdowns.  After tomorrow I can come back and edit this post, right?  :D

Optimist

Today is the day!

In the grand scheme of things, this is just a game but I'm very glad that Manning received the MVP award. He is a class act and a real student of the game. I appreciate the more cerebral approach.  It is also good to see those recognized for their contributions to the community and making a positive impact on our world.

That said: 

Go Broncos!

PG

Many of the "experts" are predicting this to be a close game.  Without the home-crowd advantage which was a big part of Seattle's success, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Denver will win by 2 touchdowns.  After tomorrow I can come back and edit this post, right?  :D

Optimist

I heard that there will be twice as many fans coming from Seattle as there are from Denver, so they'll be making plenty of noise.... 

GO HAWKS!

Optimist

I heard that there will be twice as many fans coming from Seattle as there are from Denver, so they'll be making plenty of noise.... 

GO HAWKS!

I hadn't heard that Megan, but the oddsmakers are still saying that this game is going to be very close so you're probably right.  I hope it's a good game, and if not then I hope at least that there are some entertaining commercials.  ;D

Optimist

Optimist

GO HAWKS!

Might be, but we make twice as much NOISE!