Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How Old Are You?

[Sl...]

I am 23 and I look as a The Walking Dead zombie now.

At least you don't look your whole body has been inflated

I would take zombie over this anyday, but then I also look like a zombie and act like one too

When we get out of this problem, we go for a coffee. Both will be very healthy and in good shape!

I would like that :) I miss being able to have coffee

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sl...]

• [ba...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell does age have to do with anything?????

Hi jeyjude5050.  :)  I started this thread, so I'll repost my reasoning (as posted in post #1  :laugh:):

---------------------------------------

I've been very curious what age lines are represented in the benzo tapering community.

Reading around I see a few here and there mention age, but I don't want to hit everybody's

profile, plus I thought it'd be sort of fun to just talk about the whole benzo thing from that

standpoint of age.

I realize it's being prescribed to all age groups now (by many irresponsible doctors, in my

not so humble opinion  >:D), but .. well, how old are you?

I'll be 68 in March of 2014, and I am generally healthy with the notable exception of having

poison in my body to taper off of and then detox from, called "clonazepam."  :D

Respectfully,

- Slappy

I'm 68, but feel 90.  Can't weight to heal so I can get back to walking normally again.  I was very active & went to gym 3 x a week. Now I can barely walk my dog.

Wondering if age  has an effect on the healing process?

Korbe

I'm 68, but feel 90.  Can't weight to heal so I can get back to walking normally again.  I was very active & went to gym 3 x a week. Now I can barely walk my dog.

Wondering if age  has an effect on the healing process?

Korbe

Hi Korbe.  We're around the same age, and I've seen people posting here and elsewhere about

healing just fine after the taper jump.  :)  Age may have an impact, after all age has a different

impact on everybody when you think about it, benzos or not.  ;)

It's probably more about health and underlying conditions, etc.  Not sure.  I have been wondering

why I have no physical symptoms at all, having the same workouts I had before starting benzos,

just psychological symptoms.

Hang in there and taper very slowly, is all I can say.  You will heal of course, that's a natural

effect of getting poison gradually out of your system.  :)

All the best,

- Slappy

It's probably more about health and underlying conditions, etc.  Not sure.  I have been wondering

why I have no physical symptoms at all, having the same workouts I had before starting benzos,

just psychological symptoms.

No physical symptoms? How long have you been off?

I had a smaller withdrawal than most. I've been off 10 months, and I'm 65, just got my social security card. My big goal was to get back to running three miles in 24 minutes or less, but I got side-tracked with some kind of weird injury and had so slow WAY down for the last couple months. Very discouraging...

Hang in there and taper very slowly, is all I can say.  You will heal of course, that's a natural

effect of getting poison gradually out of your system.  :)

All the best,

- Slappy

37......but I don't feel a day older than 106  :-\

Did I read correctly in this thread that there are people who have been on this stuff and they are only 16-18 years old?!?!? That is criminal. My heart breaks for all of us.

No physical symptoms? How long have you been off?

I had a smaller withdrawal than most. I've been off 10 months, and I'm 65, just got my social security card. My big goal was to get back to running three miles in 24 minutes or less, but I got side-tracked with some kind of weird injury and had so slow WAY down for the last couple months. Very discouraging...

I'm not off;  in the middle of my taper (check my sig ;) just did a cut today  :) ).

You sound like you're recovering fine.  If you have goals and are active, etc, I'm sure you know how

important all that is to the healing process.  :thumbsup:

- Slappy

I'm a youngin!

18 :thumbsup:

Wow, I just read you were on K already for 3 years. That's scary... :(

Do you think that's effected my brain devolpement?  :o

No. I think the younger you are, in general, the quicker you bounce back from these drugs, on average. But there is a huge variation between different people the same age, obviously. Mostly I am shocked that doctors give these drugs to people who are so young, before they have lived long enough to understand what is being done to them.

Gary