Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How Old Are You?

[Sl...]

I've been very curious what age lines are represented in the benzo tapering community.

Reading around I see a few here and there mention age, but I don't want to hit everybody's

profile, plus I thought it'd be sort of fun to just talk about the whole benzo thing from that

standpoint of age.

I realize it's being prescribed to all age groups now (by many irresponsible doctors, in my

not so humble opinion  >:D), but .. well, how old are you?

I'll be 68 in March of 2014, and I am generally healthy with the notable exception of having

poison in my body to taper off of and then detox from, called "clonazepam."  :D

Respectfully,

- Slappy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sl...]

• [ba...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Not old enough to feel as old as I do -__-

I'm from Bieber's home town  :crazy:

I'm guessing everyone there cringes at his name at this point right?

What's it like there?

55 -- and for the first time ever don't look 10 years younger than my age

Yeah same here  :(. I really enjoyed that...if I could've been born with a 10yr older face and not go thru withdrawal I would. I feel like being granted with a young face now I have to "make up for it" by aging 10 years in 2 years.  Like what was the point. Ugh that probably makes no sense.

This stuff is hard on a person.  I'm learning that with the help of my infernal mirror.  I try to

not look any longer than I have to when I comb my hair (what's left of it), brush my teeth

and shave. 

What poison has the pharmaceutical industry unleashed on the world!  >:(

I'm wondering about recovery from all this.  We see a lot about recovering from the

withdrawals, but I wonder if this rapid aging thing ends, too. 

- Slappy

I'm in the same boat.  It used to amaze people when I told them how old I actually was (no exageration).  But now I look maybe 4-5 years younger than my age, which is 63.  But I'm not complaining, because my mind, which was very foggy both on and for the first year off Xanax, has been regaining its clarity just recently.  For that I'm extremely grateful!

:thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat.  It used to amaze people when I told them how old I actually was (no exageration).  But now I look maybe 4-5 years younger than my age, which is 63.  But I'm not complaining, because my mind, which was very foggy both on and for the first year off Xanax, has been regaining its clarity just recently.  For that I'm extremely grateful!

:thumbsup:

Not quite following the thread.

Benzo wd makes you look eventually older or younger? sorry,i've got a benzo brain!!

:hug:I'm 42.

Yeah, as Ks suggests, the benzo stresses the human neurological system, but tapering off after

becoming dependant really REALLY stresses us.  Even to the point of aging us faster.  >:(

63 in a few days, pretty healthy but overweight. Done with B withdrawal a couple months or so and don't seem to have any symptoms related to the withdrawal. :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I am 57 and my husband is 55, I look 90 and he looks 45.  Kay

Well if you've got Sonic the Hedgehog as your avatar here, my guess is that you are very

young at heart.  :)

- Slappy

I am 23 and I look as a The Walking Dead zombie now.

At least you don't look your whole body has been inflated

I would take zombie over this anyday, but then I also look like a zombie and act like one too

[65...]

I am 23 and I look as a The Walking Dead zombie now.

At least you don't look your whole body has been inflated

I would take zombie over this anyday, but then I also look like a zombie and act like one too

When we get out of this problem, we go for a coffee. Both will be very healthy and in good shape!