Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Good film/movie thread

[Th...]

Awakenings with Robin and Robert DeNiro was on last night. i loved that Robin was so quick and funny but could also play deep and serious roles. i really love when Actor's can switch gears like that.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [...]

• [ba...]

Apart from Good Will Hunting, where Williams was brilliant....the only other film I liked him in was 'Insomnia' (ironic) with Al Pacino

• 2 weeks later...
[3e...]

Awakenings with Robin and Robert DeNiro was on last night. i loved that Robin was so quick and funny but could also play deep and serious roles. i really love when Actor's can switch gears like that.

Thank you, for the reminder about "Awakenings" ...  really touching movie.

:smitten:

" Now you see it"

9.5/10 - only got this rating because I am impatient waiting for a sequel .

it's such a twist & turns kind of movie. I would put it in the category of maybe a well-thought out thriller.

I love magic, in general. such a fan of it... that also drew me to the movie & my love for dave franco lol

well...I kind of got what was the plot around mid-way into the movie lol.

Beetlejuice ....9/10....obvious classic, plus that's my current halloween costume :))

.......hmm there are other movies but these stood out for me ..at the moment.

last night i saw " the king's speech" (2010) it was a great movie

its about a royal monarch in the 1930s-40s that stuttered alot and was helped by a speech therapist dr 9/10 stars

has anyone seen 7 Pounds?

i really liked it.

Will Smith was in it. im not sure who the blind man was but he was good too.

it really makes you think how one tragedy for one can turn into something good for many.

[3e...]

i really liked it.

it really makes you think how one tragedy for one can turn into something good for many.

I saw that movie, Gard. :thumbsup:

Absolutely amazing!!!!!

i really liked it.

GARDENIA,

I'M JUST CURIOUS...AFTER WATCHING THIS MOVIE (WHICH BY THE WAY IT IS REALLY GOOD) AND SEEING WHAT ONE INDIVIDUAL CAN DO TO HELP SO MANY....ARE YOU AN ORGAN DONOR?  I AM, AND HAVE BEEN SINCE 1990.  I'm ALSO ON THE MARROW DONOR LIST.

I THINK IF I WAS ABLE TO HELP SOMEONE AFTER I'M GONE...WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT THAT COULD BE FOR SOMEONE.

FLUTER :smitten:

• 2 months later...

anyone see "The Grand Budapest Hotel"?  i just saw it last weekend, really enjoyed it.  kinda quirky, but really good, fast paced, great dialog.  i've got to see it again, it's one of those movies that i know i missed a lot the first time.

Zeek

anyone see "The Grand Budapest Hotel"?  i just saw it last weekend, really enjoyed it.  kinda quirky, but really good, fast paced, great dialog.  i've got to see it again, it's one of those movies that i know i missed a lot the first time.

Zeek

Yep, I saw it. Eccentric and nicely shot :) Have you seen other movies by Wes Anderson? They are very similar to GBH. I really like the Royal Tenenbaums.

Zeek

Yep, I saw it. Eccentric and nicely shot :) Have you seen other movies by Wes Anderson? They are very similar to GBH. I really like the Royal Tenenbaums.

Only other Wes Anderson film I've seen was Moonrise Kingdom a few years ago.  I didn't know it was him, but as soon as I saw Budapest Hotel I recognized his style.  I like it.  I'll have to check out Royal Tenenbaums sometime.

Any other good movies seen out there lately?

Zeek