Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Good film/movie thread

[Th...]

If you have seen anything good lately give it a mini review for others here  :thumbsup:

Lone Survivor 8/10

Bit slow in places and lots of falling scenes similar to watching Homer Simpson fall down a cliff.. ouch ouch .. ouch. You get the idea. Navy Seals in Afghanistan, mission goes wrong, shoot out, and a "lone Survivor". Well worth a watch  :thumbsup:

The Family 9/10

Very funny gangsta movie,  in witness protection in France. All in all one of the best films I have seen in ages.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pr...]

• [ea...]

• [...]

• [ba...]

• 2 weeks later...
The Wolf of Wall Street, OMG that is an AWESOME FILM and some of the Benzo taking scenes (well Lemons?? or quades ???) were quite funny. True story, great film. 10/10

Someone posted a line from the Wolfs of Wall Street on facebook the other day and I got the impression it's another one of those films flaunting drug addiction...you didn't get that impression though? Just wondering.

No, it is a true story about excesses in all areas of the guys life, money, women, drink, drugs, cars, yachts, houses, Helicopters, etc .

Really worth a watch

Best film I've seen this year was Gravity. Truly amazing. Also a sleeper, but a film I think is going to be a cult classic Cloud Atlas. Last movie that I could actually sit through and enjoy at home on the flatscreen was Mud.

• 2 weeks later...

"I am dancing as fast as I can" True story about award wining journalist going through Valium withdrawal !!

D21

when i was struggling with valium dependency the first time around i sat next to Jill Clayburgh (who starred in 'Dancing') on a plane to New York. i was too afraid to even say anything to her. i was still a teenager. but i knew it was a sign that i needed to get off the valium as i had seen the movie not to long before i sat next to her. i will always be bummed out that i didn't just say something to her like "i loved you in that film" anything. what the hell is wrong with me? i talk to celebrities now when i see them--and easily too. what the frack?

anyway,

Cloud Atas is one of my favorite films. i watched it 20 times last November. i kept talking about it on my blog, i think some peeps were sick of hearing about me talking about it. good for the brain too--to try to put all the puzzle pieces together.

i really want to see 'Gravity' and Wolf of Wall Street"

i just watched 'Crash' again and cried throughout the whole film. i really think it was a powerful message. it's on again tomorrow evening and that's where i will be.

now i feel watching some Philip Seymour Hoffman films that i missed. actually Scent of A Woman is also on tomorrow night and i thought he was excellent in that--even as a newbie :) still shocked about his happenings and dreamt about his last night.

and 'Argo' was excellent too.

I saw Dallas buyers Club 2 weeks ago i would rate that 9/10!!

after that i saw 2 AWEFULL movies Ender's game was AWEFULL even though asa butterfuield was cute it was just  too childish the last movie i saw 15 minutes of it before turning it off 2 hours ago it was called American Hustle  ::)

pretty,

If you haven't seen Phillip Seymour Hoffman in 'Magnolia', you should check that out. He was excellent in that movie.

You sat next to Jill Clayburgh? Lucky!

koko

"Cloud Atlas" was one of my favorites.  I would watch it again, especially with someone.  The two films I've rewatched recently, and never get tired of, are "Kick Ass" (the sequel was a disappointment) and "Love Actually". 

Others with rewatchability (and often one star ratings) are "Zoolander", "Saving Silvermann", "Joe Dirt", "Tropic of Thunder", etc... you get the drift.  Just a few off the top of my head.  I'm in an aleve fog right now.

I liked "Crash" and plan to see it again soon.  Nothing is as it seems.  The guy who seems bad, turns out good and vis-versa.  Intentions, good and bad, don't arrive where we thought they would.  Another, I'd love to watch with someone.  Sometimes, I feel more there if I'm with someone.

"Love Actually" and "Noel" are always good for a tearfest.  Actually, most movies have me in tears at some point.  :'(

Ibble  :smitten:

pretty,

If you haven't seen Phillip Seymour Hoffman in 'Magnolia', you should check that out. He was excellent in that movie.

You sat next to Jill Clayburgh? Lucky!

koko

koko,

i was just watching some youtube video's about Philip and they went through almost all of his films and when Magnolia came up and they showed it for a bit, i thought i looked excellent. i will definitely rent that one. i also wish to see The Talented Mr Ripley.

yeah, i just wish i was brave enough to actually say hello to Jill on the plane. i can't believe the difference in the me now and the teen me :D

pretty

KS1994,

Yeah, I like most frat pack.  Forgot to mention, "Talledega Nights" and "Wedding Crashers".  I went through an Apatow phase but getting a little burned out.  Thought "40 Year Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up" were laugh-out-loud funny.

I must be one of the only people not to like "This is the End".

I've watched more movies in the last 2 years than in the previous 10.  Ugh.

Ibble  :smitten: 

Glad so many people liked cloud atlas. When I saw it in the theatre I sat there for five or ten minutes after the film ended just trying to take it all in. The feeling lasted with me for days. Amazing.

Glad so many people liked cloud atlas. When I saw it in the theatre I sat there for five or ten minutes after the film ended just trying to take it all in. The feeling lasted with me for days. Amazing.

i thought so too and i didn't even see it in the theatre. did you onlyl see it that one time?

I told family and friends they needed to see "Cloud Atlas" and, if possible, watch it with me.  (and this is someone tired of Tom Hanks)

Vbbly  :smitten:

koko,

i was just watching some youtube video's about Philip and they went through almost all of his films and when Magnolia came up and they showed it for a bit, i thought i looked excellent. i will definitely rent that one. i also wish to see The Talented Mr Ripley.

yeah, i just wish i was brave enough to actually say hello to Jill on the plane. i can't believe the difference in the me now and the teen me :D

pretty

'Magnolia' is an excellent movie with excellent performances on the parts of the entire cast. It's a movie that I had to watch many times in order to understand even half of it.  ???  A bit of a warning though if you're in a bad state of mind; it is a pretty dark movie that involves some graphic violence, drugs, and death.

I totally understand you being too shy to talk to Jill Clayburgh. When I was 18yrs I met John Travolta in a one-on-one situation and said some of the stupidest things I've ever said in my life. To this day I still cringe when I think about it. I would have been better off keeping my mouth shut.  ::)

koko

I loved This is the End! Michael Cera :laugh: that movie was enough scary for me for withdrawal, I can't watch scary movies like that unless they're comedies.

Talladega Nights, yeah, that was a good one, so quotable. I have yet to see Anchorman 2. The only frat member I don't like is Vince Vaughn. Not funny at all.