Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The dark world of psychiatrists

[se...]

The concept of psychiatry is such that it takes a very arrogant, holier than thou mindset to become a member of the field. Your job is to slap a label on someone for whatever category you interpret their mental shortcomings to fall under, and then memorize lists of medications that go under that heading to throw at the patient and see if it resolves itself.

Ks:

I could not have said it better than you did. Betsy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Ks...]

• [pr...]

• [Be...]

The concept of psychiatry is such that it takes a very arrogant, holier than thou mindset to become a member of the field. Your job is to slap a label on someone for whatever category you interpret their mental shortcomings to fall under, and then memorize lists of medications that go under that heading to throw at the patient and see if it resolves itself.

Ks:

Yes, Ks .... totally agree. 

Lizie

Ks:

Yes, Ks .... totally agree. 

Lizie

[/quote

K'S

I agree with you.  There are exceptions, I am fortunate to have found

one.

I'm not advocating those whom due harm. I wish you the best.

Notforme :angel:

In any profession, I just want to be treated with respect.  My first visit to a Pychiatrist

was for a Medical condition not caught by an MD. I just wanted to do talk therapy.

No, I walked out with a script for Xanax. I had no clue of this medicine.

17 yes later. I get lucky and now have a good Dr. Who knows what he is doing.

I thank God for him.

NFM

thats great news  :thumbsup:

Towards the sun

Thank you. I hope you're doing well.

NFM

Modern Psychiatry is based on the works of Sigmund Freud and Carl Yung.  Both were I addicted to Opium I was told!!!!

Food for thought????  ;)

It's Cocaine not Opium

Cocaine was considered a miracle drug those days and was prescribed for many ailments including depression. Coca Cola had some coke in it that's how it got it's name. So yes Freud took it too until they discovered that it was addicting.

But not as bad as our favorite drug Benzo Lol.

D21

Modern Psychiatry is based on the works of Sigmund Freud and Carl Yung.  Both were I addicted to Opium I was told!!!!

Food for thought????  ;)

It's Cocaine not Opium

Cocaine was considered a miracle drug those days and was prescribed for many ailments including depression. Coca Cola had some coke in it that's how it got it's name. So yes Freud took it too until they discovered that it was addicting.

But not as bad as our favorite drug Benzo Lol.

D21

cocaine can sure make one philosophize...

• 1 month later...

Great topic.

I'm not a Scientology member  :laugh: and I don't think that all psychiatrists are bad people...but my own experience has been horrible...my doc believes that all life problems could be solved with pills....so when I was passing through an anxiety an depressing period of my life he gave me benzos....

I 'm recovered now, but I'm addicted to this #€&^#%# and he doesnt want to help me with the withdrawal, he says its a nonsense and the pills are the best. I think he believes that anyone should be medicated, that its normal  :-\.

I understand that if someone has a seriouse mentally ill problem there is no other choice than to be medicated ( for example, if you have schizophraenia). But if you only suffer a soft depression, that was my case, being medicated with benzos is excesive. I never tried to harm myself or others, I never was suicidal. I only was depressed, with a lot of sadness and sometimes anxious ( for eating food but nothing serious or illegal) and now I feel trapped taking this klonopin hell pill....feeling like a zombie, with no emotions, foggy, always tired, no energy at all...

Some psy meds are very irresponsible.

Hello all,

I recently read a book called, "Cracked" by James Davies, "Why Psychiatry is Doing More Harm Than Good".

If the Public Health disaster being visited on the world by Psychiatry is to be reversed then books like this, in truly delineating the source, size and scariness of the problem, can only help.

Really worth reading.

spartacus

Hello all,

I recently read a book called, "Cracked" by James Davies, "Why Psychiatry is Doing More Harm Than Good".

If the Public Health disaster being visited on the world by Psychiatry is to be reversed then books like this, in truly delineating the source, size and scariness of the problem, can only help.

Really worth reading.

spartacus

It is a shame that the only people who get value out of these types of books are people who already know the truth. Show it to anyone else, particularly people taking psych meds, and they will think you're a conspiracist. But if more and more of these types of books are published, maybe people will perk up their ears. People tend to only read controversial stuff if it's on the best seller list.

[be...]

Hello all,

Really worth reading.

spartacus

It is a shame that the only people who get value out of these types of books are people who already know the truth. Show it to anyone else, particularly people taking psych meds, and they will think you're a conspiracist. But if more and more of these types of books are published, maybe people will perk up their ears. People tend to only read controversial stuff if it's on the best seller list.

So true..... or if a celebrity or sporting star would  speak up about there experience off .  Im sure that would create interest.

thats not nessasarily true and i'l give u an example. a few years ago i was arguing (something i try to not do anymore) with somebody about the psychiatry issue and he didn't believe me.

he went on vacation for a month and when he came back he picked up an anti-psychiatry book at an airport bookstore and read it. he then told me i was right and reading the book changed his mind.

so it happens

Hey rubberduck,

It seems to happen to most people I meet these days. Or if it doesn't then they have to explain why.

We all need to help push this to the tipping point.

Celebrity specials won't do it. That currency is too devalued by Twitter et al. In a hyper-connected world familiarity has bred contempt, and a very short attention span...though I suppose that could just be endemic psychotropic use.

If the Queen or Barack Obama would fess up that might help.

Otherwise, sometime soon the whole world will be withdrawing from something...except us :)

Take care,

spartacus

thats not nessasarily true and i'l give u an example. a few years ago i was arguing (something i try to not do anymore) with somebody about the psychiatry issue and he didn't believe me.

he went on vacation for a month and when he came back he picked up an anti-psychiatry book at an airport bookstore and read it. he then told me i was right and reading the book changed his mind.

so it happens

That is true. I think that's an example of inception, lol. Inception is a valuable tool. Hmmm. :heybabe:

• 2 weeks later...
I was put on ADHD meds when I was like 8 years old. I remember going into the doctor's office, and playing a few games and walking out diagnosed with ADHD. I was only in there for 15 minutes and I remember the doctor wasn't even paying attention to me the whole time. He was just filling out paperwork. And then when I was like 11-12 was diagnosed as manic depressive and bipolar 1 so was put on risperdal. I had no choice in these matters as my mom had the final say over this. I didn't want to be on any of this mess. But here I am.. 3 years later almost off of 15 medications I had been on.. and now this bipolar medication.. I don't know how i'm going to get off of it. I tried, but it ended me up where I am now. Addicted to xanax.. and stuff.. none of the pdocs i've ever worked with knew what the hell they were doing. And ended up just prescribing medication after medication to help me mask the problems I needed dealing with.

I remember the doctor wasn't even paying attention to me the whole time.

oh man! some of these docs need to have their own minds checked out.

It is kinda true.

Psychiatry is the biggest pseudo science of them all.

The evidential base is a subjective analysis of someone's behaviour.

That right there is pretty poor quality data.

Then there are all sorts of built in elements that make it even more pseudo scientific - like the fact that many of psychiatrist's claims are irrefutable. The claim 'He has GAD' can be irrefutable if you set someone up on a benzo for instance and on cessation of that drug they get anxiety symptoms. This self-fullfilling irrefutable claims element is the reason it has taken, and continues to take, psychaitry so long to understand w/d syndromes from pscyh meds.

You have to have refutable claims, and you have to objective evidence, to be a science. Psychiatry fails on both tests

[be...]

It is kinda true.

Then there are all sorts of built in elements that make it even more pseudo scientific - like the fact that many of psychiatrist's claims are irrefutable. The claim 'He has GAD' can be irrefutable if you set someone up on a benzo for instance and on cessation of that drug they get anxiety symptoms. This self-fullfilling irrefutable claims element is the reason it has taken, and continues to take, psychaitry so long to understand w/d syndromes from pscyh meds.

You have to have refutable claims, and you have to objective evidence, to be a science. Psychiatry fails on both tests

Yep and its all based on the work of Sigmund Freud and Carl Yung.  I believe Sigmund Freud was an Opium addict among other things  ???

Sigmund Freud was a lunatic in my opinion, he was bonkers himself.

i am just reading a new book recommended by Spartacus.

its called ''cracked'' by james davies , it tells the truth and nothing but the truth.

the result is criminal to say the least. >:(

It is kinda true.

Yep and its all based on the work of Sigmund Freud and Carl Yung.  I believe Sigmund Freud was an Opium addict among other things  ???

maybe he was also a sex addict :laugh:

Hello Claudia,

So glad you got the book...it's the latest neat overview of why and how psychiatry is in the process of trashing the world.

I agree Sigmund was a bonkers, bitter and twisted old git but we were much safer in the arms of Freudian Psychobabble, however deranged, than we have proved to be since Psychiatrists decided to increase their credibility and intellectual status by adopting unevidenced, biological models of mental illness.

"Biobabble" sold the farm to Big Pharma. And, given they own the laughable "evidence base", it's arguable that this situation will be irretrievable.

But...it's Sunday and I always look on the bright side on bloody Sundays :(

Love, spartacus x

Hi Spartacus,

yes i got the book and it really is an eye opener to say the least. thanks god

my BP is back to normal, like 10 years ago before taking this poison , if it wasn't

i would be sitting here reading and ready for the ER , thats how angry i am. :laugh:

who do they think we are ? its Sunday bloody Sunday today, all of us should be out

and enjoying nature or whatever, here we are a bunch of sufferers , whilst those

Doctors and Big Pharma are counting their profits.

well Spartacus, i just wish all of us will get our health back and there is

just one good thing i suppose, we have learned our lesson.

so sorry sorry for all the folks and generations behind us.

nice Sunday Spartacus , Life must get better.

love claudia :smitten:

having some thoughts about all of this today as one would while they're laying in bed all day again -

- anyway, i don't think it's the doctor's fault at all. i think they're mostly stupid and brain washed and money hungering or at least trying to have some kind of settled life. but i have been having some feelings there are many people in the Big Pharma that may know exactly what's been going on with us and i'm wondering if they even do research on here or even if some of them have even doen their own research experiement with these drugs. somebody does know more than we think they do. ;)

i cant beleive a psychiatrist i saw last year his office was a joke we talked together i was in a char he was sittig at his desk as we talked 30 minutes or so the office phone rings on his desk (no secretary to answer it )  :2funny: