Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

using heroin to relieve accute benzo withdrawal symptoms

[ch...]

I thought that took tremendous courage of Chester to make his post and I appreciate his honesty.

I'd like to see this discussion lean towards helping him find a healthier and more wholistic way of handling his situation.

As he points out in his post he's not comfortable with it himself, so please can we put judgment aside and offer encouragement and support.

Chinook

I think I need to clarify my comment further, this is a benzo withdrawal forum, not heroin withdrawal, it's not about being judgmental but about being true to the purpose of this site.

While I absolutely sympathise with the poster I believe we need to preserve the integrity and purpose of this forum and I'm sure there are appropriate ones that deal with different types of dependencies and addictions.

The original poster IS in benzo withdrawal ....

Chinookwind, the original poster is more than in benzowithdrawl and i am sure

others will agree , he is on his way to destroy his life and needs face to face attention

in order to prevent this. LOL. :o

I understand the gravity of the situation Morreweg. I also understand and accept this forum's stance on illegal substances so I am not going to argue that.

Like it or not there are more than just a few members who struggle with dual addictions. I happen to be one of them.

My particular addiction has taken me to a place of humility and I am in no position to cast stones.

I wish to extend the same degree of compassion and unconditional support to Chester that I have come to enjoy myself.

He has already indicated that he isn't entirely comfortable with what he's doing either so let's leave it at that shall we and help him to find better ways of coping.

Chinook

I understand the gravity of the situation Morreweg. I also understand and accept this forum's stance on illegal substances so I am not going to argue that.

Like it or not there are more than just a few members who struggle with dual addictions. I happen to be one of them.

My particular addiction has taken me to a place of humility and I am in no position to cast stones.

I wish to extend the same degree of compassion and unconditional support to Chester that I have come to enjoy myself.

He has already indicated that he isn't entirely comfortable with what he's doing either so let's leave it at that shall we and help him to find better ways of coping.

Chinook

Thank you for your comments, Chinook. The position is as you described it.

To further explain to members, there are some restrictions on content regarding (habit-forming / addictive / dependency inducing / illicit use of) drugs. But at the same time, members are free (and encouraged) to properly explain their full and true situation. And, as Chinook said, many members of BB struggle with dual addictions or dependencies. However, for very good reasons, chestertt's request for help with using a highly addictive drug as a benzodiazepine withdrawal adjunctive falls outside of the scope of this community. Chester understands the gravity of his situation and the inability of this community to help him with what he has requested. He also readily understands the sensible limits we have placed on some very narrow types of discussion at this community. Though I detect no malice, some comments to this thread have been somewhat judgemental of chester. He asked for help - we cannot provide the specific help requested, but we might try to understand, provide general encouragement, and maybe suggest other resources which might be of benefit to him.

When people go to detox to get off of heroin they are given benzos. What are you going to do when you get hooked on heroin? Go back to benzos? Also, you have no idea what you are buying from nasty drug dealers. You could end up dead from some nasty garbage they sell you.

P.S. I was hooked on both  benzos and opiates, prescribed by a doctor, and tapered and withdrew from both at the same time. I had to up the benzos at the end of the opiate withdrawal to get through that awful mess. It was very painful and torture for a long time and I still have not fully recovered so I understand what you are facing if you continue using heroin for benzo symptoms. It is no good at all, a very bad idea. Read the Ashton manual and try to find other ways of coping with benzo withdrawal like the majority of us here have done.

Hi everybody. Thank you so much for ALL the comments. I have stopped with the heroin nonsense. It is seductive short term relief from the benzo terror. As somebody posted "no good can come of this". Ive got through benzo w/d before and I just hope I can do it again, there really is nothing comparable in the whole of the drug world. Right now every minute seems like an hour. Its January, it's Ireland, it's cold, it's raining, it's the winter of discontent in my body and my soul. I think I have one last recovery in me. No more. Much love.

Chester

Hi everybody. Thank you so much for ALL the comments. I have stopped with the heroin nonsense. It is seductive short term relief from the benzo terror. As somebody posted "no good can come of this". Ive got through benzo w/d before and I just hope I can do it again, there really is nothing comparable in the whole of the drug world. Right now every minute seems like an hour. Its January, it's Ireland, it's cold, it's raining, it's the winter of discontent in my body and my soul. I think I have one last recovery in me. No more. Much love.

Chester

great, well done and much strength and love back. :smitten::thumbsup:

Great news! I know how bad it can be, which is why some people look for anything and everything to help with the misery. You made the right choice. Wishing you the best of luck. It will get better. I'm sure we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you. Betsy

• 1 month later...

i know it's been awhile since anyone has posted on this thread but i just wanted to say to chestertt, that's wonderful that you decided to stop using the opiate of heroin. and especially after hearing about Philip Seymour Hoffman, i have become very concerned with getting off the suboxone (opiate) i've been on for about 8 years. although i've done a really good job with my taper and couldn't say that about benzo's.

it's a very scary thing sometime when my brain feels like it's beserek and i fear that any little thing could set it off and have a seizure,

thank God i am almost done with that drug too.

i think it's just best to leave the brain alone during this time of benzo recovery healing.

• 3 weeks later...

You are trading one addiction for another, for sure. This isn't a good idea, this will not end well, and if you've really been through a lot of 12-step programs you already know that.

To me this is in the same realm as someone who develops foot pain during benzo w/d and asks if cutting their feet off is a bad idea.

Spengler:

What a good analogy. Betsy

Yeah that's true... In fact, in AA they say it's like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer to cure a headache...