Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I come to benzobuddies too much

[Wo...]

I would think there is not much wrong with doing what helps.  Unless you are using it to avoid doing things that need to be done.

I have self-help books on anxiety, depression, and similar topics that are literally falling apart because I have read them so often over the years.

I'm here about 15 times per day. I think I'm addicted to it. I'm going to taper at a rate of 10% every two weeks.

How can you taper 10% every two weeks when your sig says you've been off all meds since the 22nd? Confused head shaking here. Am I dumb and not getting it? Cog fog? Betsy

I'm here about 15 times per day. I think I'm addicted to it. I'm going to taper at a rate of 10% every two weeks.

How can you taper 10% every two weeks when your sig says you've been off all meds since the 22nd? Confused head shaking here. Am I dumb and not getting it? Cog fog? Betsy

Taper my visits to this site at a rate of 10% every two weeks.

Just trying to be funny  :laugh:

Two weeks at 10% is not a long enough hold.  I would hold for a month so your brain can heal more slowly, you will have less withdrawal symptoms, and less risk of protracted withdrawal.  Or, you may want to consider a 5% forum reduction instead.  Listen to your brain and body and adjust the dose accordingly.  But always remember:  If you taper too fast and you have to reinstate, you will be on the forum even more frequently than you are now. ;)

Two weeks at 10% is not a long enough hold.  I would hold for a month so your brain can heal more slowly, you will have less withdrawal symptoms, and less risk of protracted withdrawal.  Or, you may want to consider a 5% forum reduction instead.  Listen to your brain and body and adjust the dose accordingly.  But always remember:  If you taper too fast and you have to reinstate, you will be on the forum even more frequently than you are now. ;)

I'll second my colleague.

Additionally, a slow liquid titration of pixels may be advisable :)

I hope this won't cause any indigestion.

I was on this forum over a year ago when in severe withdrawal and I had to come back over a year later and reinstate my forum dose much higher.  Now I need to hold at this dose for a long time.  I may even have to up the dose again as I am having a hard time right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks at 10% is not a long enough hold.  I would hold for a month so your brain can heal more slowly, you will have less withdrawal symptoms, and less risk of protracted withdrawal.  Or, you may want to consider a 5% forum reduction instead.  Listen to your brain and body and adjust the dose accordingly.  But always remember: If you taper too fast and you have to reinstate, you will be on the forum even more frequently than you are now. ;)

This really is a representation of the common belief around here. It's that fear of a protracted w/d that led me to my 14 month taper. Slow tapering might also led you to being on the forum for a long period of time as well.

My name's Bolders and I'm a BB-aholic.

There is such a thing as too much BB - I'm guilty of it sometimes.

But as an addiction-in-moderation, it's a lot better than Facebook and one I hope I'll keep in the long term.

In other words, I hope I'm still hooked on here long after I'm no longer "hooked" on a benzo.

Those folk are the best, benzo teetotallers who are BB-aholics!

No cut and hold for me.

You may want to consider crossing over to a support site with a longer half life, like Facebook.  Then you can dry cut your way down to freedom  ;)  :laugh:

Optimist

Funny as hell, but there is some truth.  I have been cutting back on visits and general bitching on my blog, and I swear I get as many sxs from not visiting as I did benzos lol.  I have to constantly remind myself not to check BB sitting at a stoplight, when I walk in the door, when I sit on the toilet, after a meal.  It's an addiction or a habit at least.

Now let me go turn off the WiFi and plug in the Ethernet cable cause I prefer to mainline My daily dose of BB.