Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stupid question about Salmon...

[So...]

I have never eaten canned salmon. I found a really good brand (I think) that is wild caught in Alaska.

So, my question is, can it be eaten out of the can like tuna? Or does it have to be cooked first?

Denise  :smitten:

I thought it would be a healthy choice for me to gain some weight. I have never eaten it, so we will see how it goes. I will either like it, or the dog will.  :laugh:

I buy canned wild caught salmon at Costco and make salads for my lunch. Since its Costco of course I get many cans in the pack so many lunches of salmon salad. I love it though. 

salmon out of the can and cream cheese. Sounds pretty yum.

my tip for weight gain? Utz's large pretzels w/ mustard and 24oz-ers of caffeine free pepsi. And natures valley granola bars. Keep by computer and nibble. I gain 19lbs in 3 months doing that. :-/

I like Benzy's food a lot more and tended to eat that till I got into the pretzels/bars of granola crap.

salmon out of the can and cream cheese. Sounds pretty yum.

my tip for weight gain? Utz's large pretzels w/ mustard and 24oz-ers of caffeine free pepsi. And natures valley granola bars. Keep by computer and nibble. I gain 19lbs in 3 months doing that. :-/

I like Benzy's food a lot more and tended to eat that till I got into the pretzels/bars of granola crap.

So, none of the sugar, in the pepsi or the granola bars, bothered you? Or, the msg?

I need to test my eating abilities a little more. I am down another two lbs this week. This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, I like Benzy's idea better, to!!  ;D

nope, sugar doesn't bother me. My issue is eating regularly to keep sugar levels even.

That's where all this started with the pretzels and granola.

If it's by my desk I'll eat. Not by my desk? I'll only eat at night...and that caused a lot of problems for me.

Not the night eating, just the lack of food in me.

Am a pepsi-holic. It's one of those things that I can control but fall off the wagon here and there. Need to get back on that wagon! :-)

If I had my choice, which I do for the most part, I'd eat red meat and veggies (I love them) every meal practically, with some pizza and wings in there for good measure.

And my pepsi!

Cheers!

The Now onto Water Girl. Booooo hissss

The cream cheese is fattening!!  :)

I have a recipe for smoked salmon cheesecake!  :)

You have a lot of recipes, my friend!!  :)

Let me try it in just cream cheese first. I am not used to eating salmon. It may not be my thing. But, if it is, I will get that recipe from you.

The cream cheese is fattening!!  :)

I have a recipe for smoked salmon cheesecake!  :)

You have a lot of recipes, my friend!!  :)

Let me try it in just cream cheese first. I am not used to eating salmon. It may not be my thing. But, if it is, I will get that recipe from you.

I haven't tried the recipe, it'd probably cost an arm and a leg to make. Smoked salmon is v. dear even up here.

I love candy salmon and buy it every time I go home to the west coast.

Enjoy your salmon ... it's good for you and will help you swim upstream! ;)

Chinook (named after the wind, not the salmon lol) :hug:

Oh it's so good! It's soaked in a brine with brown sugar or even maple syrup then smoked and it's best when packed in brine, you don't want to oversmoke it or it ends up like jerky.

I had kippers for breakfast today. :smitten:

You eating your Wheaties? :laugh:

Oh it's so good! It's soaked in a brine with brown sugar or even maple syrup then smoked and it's best when packed in brine, you don't want to oversmoke it or it ends up like jerky.

I had kippers for breakfast today. :smitten:

You eating your Wheaties? :laugh:

Ummm, I don't know about that.  :D

What are kippers? Fish?

Nope, no Wheaties today. Rice Chex.  :laugh:

Kippers are smoked herring. I like Scottish kippers best, Arbroath smokies are the best but I can't get them here.

I guess you could call me a kippaconnoisseur. Lol.

Uh maybe I had a reaction to nitrates or something the other night, I thought it was that chocolate with the espresso bean but now I'm not so sure.

Don't think I've had Rice Chex, are they good? :smitten:

Kippaconnoisseur!!  :laugh:

Nitrates? What do they do?

Chex is a brand of cereal that has many different flavors. Have you ever heard of Chex Mix?