Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to make your house smell nice for the Holidays

[So...]

At this time every year, I get out this old pan that I have not used for cooking for many years.

I clean it out, fill with water, set it on my stove, and throw in these ingredients.

One orange peel

Some whole cloves

A few cinnamon sticks

You then turn the burner on low, and let it simmer all day!!

You just need to keep adding water, and throw in extra ingredients as needed. Or, start a new batch every few days.

Happy Holidays!!

Denise  :smitten:

I used to do this. It smells lovely. Also you can pierce oranges with cloves and put them on a table. The scent is lovely. Right now I'm obsessed with Bath and Body Works three wick candles. They have some wonderful fragrances. One smells like cookies baking.

;D

Same here!!

I clean out the litter box. :thumbsup:

I used to carve my cat's name in the litter after cleaning his box, he appreciated the attention to detail. :smitten:

;D

Same here!!

I used to carve my cat's name in the litter after cleaning his box, he appreciated the attention to detail. :smitten:

:laugh:  :laugh:

That's awesome!!

;D

Same here!!

:laugh:  :laugh:

That's awesome!!

Totally awesome.  :laugh:

I read this somewhere on the web & have tried it. If you have an old or even one of those small crockpots, you can simmer spices or essential oils in water & then when you are finished, unplug, refill or place lid on to use another day.

Litter box odors. :o:P  :D

Hello All,

Now that the hilarious cat litter box cleaning posts are sort of done, I didn't want to interupt them, I thought I would post a wassail drink we like in the winter time and it does make the house smell wonderful!  And it seems really help make a sore throat or tight chess from a cold feel better, too.

Fan1-6, I am afraid your family probably won't want to try this drink this now after the other!  lol!

Begin with:

1 qt. and 1/2 c. water - bring to boil

Add:

3 tea bags of black or herbal tea.  I used Vanilla Rooibos which is the same as African Red Tea.  It has a spicy taste all by itself.*

Cover and let steep until it is very strong tea. 

Leave in tea bags and add:

1 can of frozen Apple juice or cider concentrate (all cans are 12 ounce size)

1/4 can of frozen O. J. concentrate

1/4 can of frozen Pineapple juice concentrate

1/8 can of frozen Lemonade concentrate

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. allspice

1/4 tsp. cloves

1/8 tsp. ginger

Let come to almost a simmer for several hours - just below the boiling point. 

*You might want more spice if you use a tea that doesn’t have a spicy taste!  Some recipes don't use any tea in them but I like to add it so I don’t have to have as much juice to have lots of flavor... watching the carbs!  :  )

There are lots of recipes on-line if you just Google them.  You can greatly vary this recipe to your personal taste and have it be wonderful!  Some recipes have cranberry concentrate instead of citrus which is yummy, too.  I kind of like a little cranberry added to the one above.  I am just wild and crazy like that...

Enjoy! 

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/drinks.gif  (I am sure this is wassail!)

Lily

P. S. I wanted to add that some people put cloves into oranges or lemons and slice them to float in the wassail.  I did that and loved how it looked.  Sliced apples also look very pretty!  If you Google images you will see lots of ideas for a "wassail bowl"!  Very festive! 

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/christmas07.gif 

Hi Hope,

I hope that you will try it!  I made a double recipe and put in it a crook pot to stay hot for the employees where my husband works.  They really liked it and some took the recipe to make at home! 

Let me know if you and your family enjoy this!

Love,

:smitten:

Lily