Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What are you doing right now?

[Sc...]

What are you doing right now? How do you feel?

I am 41 yo male in Texas. Unusually cold morning here. Sitting by fireplace drinking decaf coffee ( had to go decaf when I jumped,yuck. But at least it's Starbucks. ) I am 15 months out. Actually sleeping ok now. ( finally)but still waking with lots of anxiety(pounding heart etc) and obsessive thoughts about healing.  Improves when I get out of bed but still there. Biggest complaint Anxiety/ Depression Fear Obsessive thinking unable to feel pleasure. Feel much much better than a year ago but the journey continues. I had hoped this would be over by now but am accepting the idea that it may take longer than I had hoped.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [...]

• [ba...]

• [Te...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Scott. I am 28 yo female. Live on the east coast. It's really, really cold today, with a high if 28 degrees  :o yuck. About to go make myself some late breakfast, I have been laying under the covers for an hour now because it's so chilly.

I am a little over 15 months off myself. Grr. This is a slow healing for me, as well.

Enjoy your coffee, yum!

Good morning Scott!

Your going to get the rain we had yesterday! COLD here too! Arizona

I'm drinking coffee, just put 2 loafs of cranberry bread in the oven ( child's science experiment)...

My mornings are usually ok, I get slammed later in the day....

I'm a 59-y.o. male in southern New Mexico. (I was born in San Antonio, Texas, and grew up in Dallas. I haven't lived in Texas for 30 years. I tell people I am a Texan in self-imposed exile...) It's very cold here in the Rio Grande valley.

I'm finishing off my one daily cup of regular coffee (which I stopped drinking when I c/t'd, but resumed about two months ago). I'm about to put on a coat and go out for my morning walk, which is something I began back at month 4 and now is probably the most important part of my day, since it gets me out of my house and out in the "real world.

I'm still having problems with brain buzz, tinnitus and moderate anxiety. I was drinking shots of bourbon when my anxiety got high, but that was keeping me from fully recovering so I slowly tapered off the bourbon and now have been alcohol-free for five days.

I hit six months on Tuesday. I'm not as far along as I would like, but I'm hanging in there and hope to be "mostly" healed by 10 to 12 months...

Craig'slisting.  Constantly re posting my ads trying to get my moving business back off the ground..  I have been advertising through Phone books for 20 years and it seems now one want to open up the old standard anymore. 

Craigslist is free but I do get calls.  Downside is I am competing with absolute beginners and there prices are hard to beat. 

Just finished my decaf and just a hint of caffeine cranks up the volume in the ears!

[e1...]

25 year old male... Wisconsin.

Just sitting here at the local library on facebook and benzo buddies after a day of school. Just finished writing a testimonial for a place I just quit working at, and am anxious to start work as a caregiver at a local caregiving agency this weekend.

Feel very derealized and brain foggy. Depressed. Am waiting for the updose to 10mg to settle in, so I can at least feel comfortable socializing and safe being out and about for long periods of time.

Saw the new Hunger Games movie this past week, and it was awesome!  :thumbsup:

Im sitting here all stressed out watching a really bad TV action show, hostage situation, drinking too much sweet tea..wondering why Im doing what I am doing right now.....

I just told a girl on another thread that she should avoid all these things......

:D

Hello. I'm 32 yr old female in Kentucky. Right now I'm layin in bed on my phone watching it snow. I tried to go out to get the fixings for my dinner this week and almost got stuck out in the snow. I live in a rural area and its 10 miles to the nearest anything. Lol.  13 months off and my mental sx are so bad still. I question everything. Its hard for me to believe I'm 32 even. I don't remember a lot o things and what I do it feels fake. I hate my brain. It feels permanent in this non existence.

I like this thread. Lol

Hi. I am a 35 yr old male living in the east coast of Canada. I listen to the spa channel, I figure if classical or soothing music helps plants grow, maybe it will do something to those receptors.  :D Also, I am surfing this I pad, reading the news, searching stories of reincarnation, life after death, UFO abductions, some strange things to keep my mind off how I feel. I cannot watch television because it is too stimulating. Although, I watched the documentary of the Joplin Tornado on the I pad. It is ironic I listen to soothing music while I read and watch horrific events sometimes. Anyway, another day gone by.. :)

:)  maymay you are funny.

I am watching americas funniest home videos now, there are clips of animals rubbing their behinds on trees. We are so civilized.  :laugh:

I am 35 year old female from Florida. About 11 months out and anxiety and ocd is the worst. I just got through watching "The Heat" with Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock. Pretty good movie. Made me laugh .Now laying in bed obsessing over  my head stuff.  Anyways thanks for starting this thread, it was a really good idea.

:)  maymay you are funny.

I am watching americas funniest home videos now, there are clips of animals rubbing their behinds on trees. We are so civilized.  :laugh:

I love that show. It is a good uplifter for sure.

42 yr old male living near Orlando FL. My motivation is trying to come back so I alternate between the my usual distractions (tv and internet) and working on the motorcycle rebuild project I started a year ago and various domestic projects/errands/business stuff that needs to be done. I will be 35 months off next week. Getting more windows these days but my cognitive function is still pretty bad most of the time and some of my waves can be intense so I'm just doing what I can to get by until I am healed enough to really dig in and start rebuilding my life.

I was in Houston this September and it was very hot and humid it was almost hard to be outside , how do you texans handle your long hot summers ? the cold is a nice change isn't it ?  I'm in Calgary , Canada just lounging on the couch it's 3:30am here and I haven't gone to bed yet , I'm craving something sweet like a cake or something , watched the News

I'm a 31 year old male from Ontario, Canada.  I'm at work right now drinking a coffee and browsing BB while waiting for a server to restart.  Had another rough night of sleep last night (and the night before) so work today is going to be a struggle.  Insomnia is my main symptom at 8, almost 9, months out.  Other than that and some cog fog I'm relatively symptom free but it's still rough some days.  I might go to an aquarium today with my sisters and I've ordered the new Xbox yesterday so I have a couple things to look forward to.

Hi Scott,

It is about 7 am in Colorado. Cold and a bit of snow on the ground. I am getting ready to go to work. I have Wed-Sunday off for the holiday. This is a rare thing. Feeling ok. Not great, but not sick. looking forward to the time off.

Happy Thanksgiving from Colorado 8)

It's a bit cold here in southern New Mexico. I have a fire going to try and warm up and I am sipping on the one cup of coffee I drink each day. That limit is not a benzo thing. I didn't drink coffee until I was off for four months. Prior to my c/t I always had just one cup of coffee in the morning, and that's where I am again.

Still cold and rainy here in Texas but supposed to be sunny & 60 on Thanksgiving. Slept ok but not as long as I would like. Woke up had coffee surfed the net checked out the news. So now that I have finished my morning routine I will have to find a new distraction ASAP before the obsessive thinking and confusion sets in.