Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Any younger male buddies ever had these feelings?

[2d...]

[2d...]

I feel like my life has no purpose. I don't enjoy much in life anymore. I'm just going through the motions. For a long time I've been preoccupied with the idea of becoming a father. I feel the only thing that could give my life a purpose is to find a wife and have kids. The family will be more important than me as an individual, and I will have a real purpose in life: To be a good husband and a good father. Any guys had these thoughts...or am I just a weirdo...

(maybe this belongs in Depression? Sorry If I posted on the wrong board!)

I think that is an excellent goal! A family would be more important than u as an individual. I don't think u are a weirdo at all.

As far as feeling flat, that is so so normal in benzo land. When u read some of the other posts u will see just how common it is.    U will also see that it does get better.

Focusing on the future u I think will help u get thru this.          Hugs Pinkee

[2d...]

I think that is an excellent goal! A family would be more important than u as an individual. I don't think u are a weirdo at all.

As far as feeling flat, that is so so normal in benzo land. When u read some of the other posts u will see just how common it is.    U will also see that it does get better.

Focusing on the future u I think will help u get thru this.          Hugs Pinkee

Thanks Pinkee! I can't wait for this dream to become a reality  :)