Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Regarding Obsid

[Ne...]

Hi. I feel I owe everyone an explanation and just thought I'd clear the air on the whole Obsid thing. I am/was Obsid. I have D.I.D. Since starting my taper the DID was silent. As I get to the lower doses, I feel like I am returning to my normal state of mind. I know many say healing doesn't take place while tapering, so either I am healing or the lower doses are allowing me to return to my previous way of functioning and coping.

I am not going to use this site as a platform to explain DID. It is poorly understood, misrepresented by Hollywood, and many professionals deny its existence in the same way they deny that benzos have the effects they do or cause the withdrawal symptoms that they do.  Suffice to say that Obsid grew paralyzed and was completely unable to post anymore. The only solution was to change my screen name and proceed forward as NewMoon, because I need this site. The administrative staff were extremely kind in obliging my request, and I was never really gone at all. Sounds complicated,

I know, but there it is.

I am extremely sorry if this has caused anyone any undue distress, but my options were either assume a new name, or never be able to post again. I chose the former. This disclosure is very, very difficult for me as this is a very personal issue and I feel extremely vulnerable making this admission. However, I feel strongly obligated to all those buddies who have been kind and supportive to me to tell them the truth. I find subterfuge to be distasteful and I have always tried to be as forthright and honest as possible on this forum. If this makes me a pariah, then I have to take that chance out of

respect for my fellow buddies.

Please try to understand that this was absolutely necessary. It had to do with my D.I.D.  Period.

I hope you can forgive me and that we all can just move forward in the spirit of mutual support with our benzo issues.

Thankyou for your candid post Newmoon. I am a bit at a loss. I don't know much about DID. I will do some research on it . I have to admit , I am having some trouble understanding.

One thing is sure.....I wanted to support obsid  100% . So I will try to get my head around this and support u too , Newmoon.               

Pinkee

Thank you all for your Welcomes - you are all gracious and kind.  Pinkee, I HAVE D.I.D. and after many decades I still can't get MY head totally around it either.

The point, is that it doesn't matter who anybody is. The people on here share one thing in common, and that is to heal! And, to receive support while going through one heck of a time.

Welcome NewMoon!!

May your healing continue ever faster!!

Denise  :smitten:

Hi. I feel I owe everyone an explanation and just thought I'd clear the air on the whole Obsid thing. I am/was Obsid. I have D.I.D. Since starting my taper the DID was silent. As I get to the lower doses, I feel like I am returning to my normal state of mind. I know many say healing doesn't take place while tapering, so either I am healing or the lower doses are allowing me to return to my previous way of functioning and coping.

I am not going to use this site as a platform to explain DID. It is poorly understood, misrepresented by Hollywood, and many professionals deny its existence in the same way they deny that benzos have the effects they do or cause the withdrawal symptoms that they do.  Suffice to say that Obsid grew paralyzed and was completely unable to post anymore. The only solution was to change my screen name and proceed forward as NewMoon, because I need this site. The administrative staff were extremely kind in obliging my request, and I was never really gone at all. Sounds complicated,

I know, but there it is.

I am extremely sorry if this has caused anyone any undue distress, but my options were either assume a new name, or never be able to post again. I chose the former. This disclosure is very, very difficult for me as this is a very personal issue and I feel extremely vulnerable making this admission. However, I feel strongly obligated to all those buddies who have been kind and supportive to me to tell them the truth. I find subterfuge to be distasteful and I have always tried to be as forthright and honest as possible on this forum. If this makes me a pariah, then I have to take that chance out of

respect for my fellow buddies.

Please try to understand that this was absolutely necessary. It had to do with my D.I.D.  Period.

I hope you can forgive me and that we all can just move forward in the spirit of mutual support with our benzo issues.

Well, it actually IS new moon tonight. I've seen it while running/walking each night because I do it very late, and is the moon approaches full, I see the moon almost setting in the west. :)

Welcome Back NewMoon.

Like most other people, I don't have a real understanding of DID, but I know that it's not what common perception would have us believe. To be honest, I get annoyed when I hear people disbelieving its existence. The brain is a very complex thing, and to say that something doesn’t exist, just because we haven’t proven its existence, it very arrogant IMO. Your candour was a very brave thing to do.

Welcome Back NewMoon.

Like most other people, I don't have a real understanding of DID, but I know that it's not what common perception would have us believe. To be honest, I get annoyed when I hear people disbelieving its existence. The brain is a very complex thing, and to say that something doesn’t exist, just because we haven’t proven its existence, it very arrogant IMO. Your candour was a very brave thing to do.

me, too diaz pam.

i know what its like to have ppl not believe me when i know its so real.

welcome here new moon:)

NewMoon....what a beautiful name....I have no idea what D I D is...doesn't matter...I looked tor Obsid ' s posts all the time and missed her....so glad to meet NewMoon...welcome welçome...I am sure I will be looking tor your posts too...really looking forward to getting to know you on BB.....Cooper...<3

Welcome back.

Now, I only hope those who flamed me and blamed me by user ID as the reason Obsid left BB are man enough to apologize...

Tex, from where I sit that seems like a very fair request!

Hi NewMoon,

Wishing you all the best of course, as usual! 

Don't doubt this -- the condition you've described is something that well-read people have heard of.  We all accept you.

Continue your recovery,

Luke

Thank you all again. Now...if I could just be able to see signatures again, all would be well.  :)

This is a brand new feature as of yesterday… first ten iPad users can't see signatures at this time.  Are you using one?  Colin's working on a fix so hang on. 

Challis :smitten: