Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Walking Dead watchers

[Pl...]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [te...]

• [...]

• [Bi...]

• [Pl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I felt about that episode... I don't mind them shifting the gov. into the "good guy role" but I don't think the episode was executed well... Oh well. Every other episode so far was awesome :)

Since this past episode was obviously a flashback, and in present day we saw him standing outside of the prison, I feel like there can only be two options here... (1) The women that are in the Gov.'s care will get killed; his guilt for letting this happen again will make Good Gov. turn Bad Gov. again, and he is at the prison to seek revenge, OR (2) He gets through the woods with the girls alive, and desperately wanting to keep them from harm, returns to the only place where he knows is safe (the prison), to convince Rick to take them in... I know the second option is less likely, but I've been thinking about it... I think they are making you root against the Gov., by making the scene of someone feeding the Walkers rats ambiguous (so you question if it's the Gov), and also by having Michonne and Tyrese talking about killing him if they ever saw him again... But wouldn't it be interesting, if they're setting it up this way on purpose, so if he DOES show up a changed man, the characters are faced with this moral conflict??

Either way, I'm glad he's back, good or bad. He's a great character!!

Lotusflower I agree with the theory of your option B - That he is dropping the females off at the prison because it is safe?

What about the previews of next week's episode shown on the Talking Dead?  It looks like the men who found the Governor in the pit are raiding other people for their supplies?  In the comics they would take hostages and hold them for the supplies held by the group from which the hostage came.  What if they capture Carol and use her to get supplies from the prison group?

Ahhhhh the possibilities!!!!

Eliz - I actually read something online right after I posted this. I believe Martinez has a new camp that is relatively close to the walls of the prison. The Gov. goes back there with the girls. They are speculating that this new group will revolt against the prison, to take their shelter and supplies... There are, however, two big things that happen in the comics that have not happened yet in the show, and I'm not sure if they will... (POTENTIAL SPOILER! STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!) In the comics, during the revolt, a woman on the Gov.'s side shoots and kills Lori (who is already dead in the show, but more importantly...) JUDITH, the baby. After realizing that she has killed an infant, she blames the Gov, and shoots him in the head. Also, there is a group called "The Hunters" or something, that are a bunch of ruthless scavengers that call for war against Rick and his people and bestow some serious violence upon the group... A few key characters die in that scene. They might be portraying Martinez's new group as "The Hunters".. Don't know.

Not sure if these things are going to happen however, as in the comics (like 15 episodes ago) - Rick gets his hand cut off. They didn't do this in the show, probably because Rick is too likeable and people identify with him most. I feel that they might avoid killing off Judith for the same reason, because the audience doesn't want to see Rick that distraught again. The Gov also rapes that woman he meets in her apartment and as a result gets forced out of the door by gunpoint, obviously not how it was shown in the show... so it could mean something totally new for the Gov's fate now that they've decided to attach 3 vulnerable females to his character.

Sorry everyone! I'm a fanatic, you may want to avoid my posts as I'm always full of spoilers :laugh:  :oops:

No need to be sorry Lotusflower - the show has deviated so far from the comic that there is no real way to predict what will happen next.  In the comic Sophia is still alive and being raised by Glen and Maggie after Carol commits zombie suicide!

Anyway I kind of don't want the Governor turned into a good guy.  It's nice to have an evil character to cause trouble.

I think when the governor burned the photo of his family it was symbolic of him adopting a new family and that could go in a hundred different directions.

The show is unpredictable for the most part and that's good. 

They say a good writer eventually kills off all his characters  :( :( :( :( 

I wonder???

Am thinking this is a sort of a "calm before the storm." Although those two zombie kills by the Gov, in the pit were awesome!

Wondering too, where & when Carol will reappear. Can't wait!!!

Am thinking this is a sort of a "calm before the storm." Although those two zombie kills by the Gov, in the pit were awesome!

Wondering too, where & when Carol will reappear. Can't wait!!!

ONE MORE DAY!  ONE MORE DAY! ;D

http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/mbounce.gif

...another thought....

Wondering why the Gov didn't kill or maim in any way any of the occupants in the Nursing Home? He seemed to go out of his way not to!

Any thoughts on that one? ;D

...another thought....

Wondering why the Gov didn't kill or maim in any way any of the occupants in the Nursing Home? He seemed to go out of his way not to!

Any thoughts on that one? ;D

I'm telling ya he is being groomed as the misunderstood bad guy / good guy.  They will screw with our brains is this plot twist unfolds.

Well it seems the Gov is not a good guy in the making after all.  At least now we have caught up the back story to real time.

What does everyone think of the new walker aquiarium in the pond?  That was pretty creepy

Well it seems the Gov is not a good guy in the making after all.  At least now we have caught up the back story to real time.

What does everyone think of the new walker aquiarium in the pond?  That was pretty creepy

Now he has a tank. How is the prison going to deal with that?

He certainly recovered from ptsd, didn't he? :o Guess when Martinez told him that he must tow the line, & the golf practice didn't go in his favor....he lost his new-found peacefulness. >:D

I was lost when they saw the mud-logged walkers.  :idiot: & decided to stay.  :idiot:

The underwater (Pete)walker was....well, I don't know what to say about that one.  :D

Still wishing Carol would be the one to take him down & be accepted back into the fold.

I'm not sure if he is over the ptsd or not.  Remember when he ran back to the camper and told the women that they had to leave the camp that it was not safe and he could not protect them there, that he could not let anything happen to them again?  It seems like he may actually believe they are his dead family.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

This Sunday will be the mid season finale and I think we will see Carol play a part in it. 

Who killed the people at the camp site?  Do we have another cut throat group out there yet to be seen?

Good points, Eliz!! ;D I hadn't even thought about the Gov considering these were his dead family members! I should've though. With the way he latched onto the little girl.

I'm sad that it's already the mid-season finale time. :( 

After Pete told the group to leave the campsite people alone, another group came in & killed/robbed the campsite group. I'm confused as to who all those mud-walkers were? & why the Gov decided to stay after he saw them.

I did not have any feeling for them killing off the Gov so quickly this season!

Hershel will be missed.

Now the long wait until February restart!

I did not have any feeling for them killing off the Gov so quickly this season!

Hershel will be missed.

Now the long wait until February restart!

Hershel looked PISSED OFF on the talking dead interview!  I am pretty sure only one cast member will make it to the end of the series. You will not like my guess and the reason why >:D

:'( :'( I'm still reeling from Hershel's death.

When I read online that David Morrissey had signed on to play a main character in a new series, I just figured he'd be killed off. But, not Hershel! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I agree with Birdman, he did look disappointed. Very disappointed. On Talking Dead. I had another surprise. Lauren Cohan(Maggie) is British.  Cool.

Thinking it would've been so much better had the writers let a walker finish off the Gov. Loved how Michonne ran him through with her sword though!

Birdman are you thinking it will be Daryl who's the last to go? Because he's SO popular? Am curious. :laugh:

:'( :'( I'm still reeling from Hershel's death.

When I read online that David Morrissey had signed on to play a main character in a new series, I just figured he'd be killed off. But, not Hershel! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I agree with Birdman, he did look disappointed. Very disappointed. On Talking Dead. I had another surprise. Lauren Cohan(Maggie) is British.  Cool.

Thinking it would've been so much better had the writers let a walker finish off the Gov. Loved how Michonne ran him through with her sword though!

Birdman are you thinking it will be Daryl who's the last to go? Because he's SO popular? Am curious. :laugh:

Actually yes, Daryl and his girl friend but we do not know who that will be yet. They will be the only survivors.  I do not think 'THIS GIRL' is in the movie yet either.  It will be someone he meets very late in the series and she will be pregnant of coarse at the end "fade to black". ;)

I hope I am wrong but it's fun to guess and keep being surprised, nothing more boring than a predictable plot and this show has plenty of plot twists :D

FEBRUARY >:(:( :( :( :( :( :( :(  Agg :(