Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

we are lucky

[...]

What did people do before benzobuddies? How did they ever get off benzos without the knowledge and guidance thst is provided here? Anyone know of someone who got off who had to figure it out.alone?

What did people do before benzobuddies? How did they ever get off benzos without the knowledge and guidance thst is provided here? Anyone know of someone who got off who had to figure it out.alone?

Hi esty,

I was one of them.  Rather then replying, I'll post a thread I posted in "Success Stories" about all.  If you read further into the thread, you'll read why I posted this... Only to give hope and help to others.  Excuse my typos.. I was so stressed going through all with my husband, he was in major wds...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=32196.0

Hugs, Patty

Man, I don't know!  My biggest fear was that my symptoms were NOT caused by benzo w/d but something permanent.  Without BenzoBuddies and the Ashton Manual, I might've gone (even more) insane.  :)

Man, I don't know!  My biggest fear was that my symptoms were NOT caused by benzo w/d but something permanent.  Without BenzoBuddies and the Ashton Manual, I might've gone (even more) insane.  :)

I have the same, always afraid it,s not the benzo,s ....

But what else could,t it be?????

:smitten:

Sandra.

good question and i have been thinking about this for many months now, and the answers

i came up with are  rather devastating.

i could not have done this without BB, the Ashton Manual and Parker's post . no way.

• 2 weeks later...
[6f...]
I just had a semi-argument with my cytologist/MD friend over the phone tonight about BB (again). He doesn't understand how a support forum can be healthy for me. I tried to explain that it is what keeps me and hundreds of others in one piece through this process. Then we get to argue about tapering...again.  I told him that without BB and Ashton there would be devastation. Then we argue addiction. I try to explain how this is different from opiates. Finally I told him he is not allowed to speak to me again until he has read Dr.Ashton's work. For crying out loud. Without BB I'd be curled up in the corner of a psych ward.

Colin/BB ultimately saved me! Had Colin not started BB(read his story if you haven't already!)& all the mods, & members not been here to guide me off of benzos/a.d's through the Ashton Manual....I believe I'd be passed on. Was absolutely clueless as to what was happening to me & why.

So greatful!

T2

hey,

I got off it alone before benzobuddies. My experience was that it was very unpleasant for a few weeks but that's it.  6 months later I was put back on it as I still suffered from the same illness. I had no idea the benzo's were just masking the issue. I was told I needed to be on them for ever... My second time getting off has been beyond hell.. 12 month taper, and now acute withdrawal. I found Benzobuddies for the second attempt, thank god!

Fonz