Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Halloween Apples - No more candy.

[Bi...]

yes....dont get mad but candy is a good thing ;D

its only once a year. i wish i was a kid again. ;D there was a lady up the road when i was a kid who gave out popcorn balls. loved them.

theres nothing like chocolate though :)

yes....dont get mad but candy is a good thing ;D

its only once a year. i wish i was a kid again. ;D there was a lady up the road when i was a kid who gave out popcorn balls. loved them.

theres nothing like chocolate though :)

Hey, we must have lived on the same street.

We called her the POPCORN BALL LADY and we would go back to her house many times until we got caught over doing it, lol. 

I got 8 balls one year when I was 10 years old, it was a new record on my block. :laugh:

One lady would give out nickles but she was good at memorizing the kids who came for seconds, darn it  >:D

Apples would be ok, if you dip them in caramel or chocolate. 8)

Hi Snoball,  Sounds messy but devilishly delicious ;D    >:D >:D>:D  boo  ;)

Hi Birdie :)It sure does sound delicious. 8) Do you still hold the eight ball record? That's an amazing accomplishment. :thumbsup::laugh:

Hi Birdie :)It sure does sound delicious. 8) Do you still hold the eight ball record? That's an amazing accomplishment. :thumbsup::laugh:

Yes I do actually  ;D  Then I ate all of them in one sitting and felt so ill :sick: 

This eventually became the popular expression  "BEHIND THE 8 BALL"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure where you are Birdman, but in the USA, most parents won't let their kids eat apples given out on Halloween because  they might have razors or needles in them.  Packaged food is preferred for safety reasons.

going health crazed is great and all but keep in mind when u go health crazed and stop eating sugar ur pallet becomes more sensitive and u can taste the sweetness of regular foods that u couldn't when u were exposed to such large amounts of sweetness from all the junk foods.

these kids that r going trick or treating r mostly exposed to high amounts of sugar day and night at home so getting an apple from u will taste like a ball of fiber with water in it and there probably just going to neglect the apples to rot in favor of the snickers, twizzlers and nerds candies. 

IGo2God- how do you post pictures? I love the pictures you have been posting they are so beautiful. I'd like to post some on my blog!

Hi gettingthere,

I'm hoping Birdy chimes in here,  I actually don't own a computer, just an ipad so the way I post pictures is probably different than most.

If you click on this picture it will take you to photobucket,  I then just search and select a picture and then copy it (cut won't work for me) with the IMG link.  Then paste. 

I think people with computers might do it differently.. :-\

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd216/beautifulangeleyes7/Fall%20Colors/xxzz141877.gif

Also here's a site used for get well and thinking of you cards, you use the BB codes for this one.

http://www.allgraphics123.com

Molly :smitten:

Where we live, we start seeing 'public service' announcements on television during the month of October.  We are told we cannot give out any 'goodie' that's homemade  or not factory sealed and if a parent finds these things in their children's bag they should throw it away.  Just last year some sicko put a laxative in chocolate chip cookies that were served at a school sponsered Halloween Party for elementary kids.  This year, there will be no Halloween celebrations in schools at all.  Someone decided this holiday is a 'religious event'.  Hmmm.

Donna

going health crazed is great and all but keep in mind when u go health crazed and stop eating sugar ur pallet becomes more sensitive and u can taste the sweetness of regular foods that u couldn't when u were exposed to such large amounts of sweetness from all the junk foods.

these kids that r going trick or treating r mostly exposed to high amounts of sugar day and night at home so getting an apple from u will taste like a ball of fiber with water in it and there probably just going to neglect the apples to rot in favor of the snickers, twizzlers and nerds candies.

kids, from my experience will eat a variety.

just because they go trick or treating doesnt mean they live on sugar all yr.

mine didnt. i used to buy bags of granny snith Apples. he LOVED apples. also salads and broccolli (raw)

most kids here go to parties now. i wish they still went door to door. so cute to see them in their costumes.

[quote author=rubberduck link=topic=93390.msg1196145#msg1196145

kids, from my experience will eat a variety.

just because they go trick or treating doesnt mean they live on sugar all yr.

mine didnt. i used to buy bags of granny snith Apples. he LOVED apples. also salads and broccolli (raw)

thats probably true i guess i was speaking more from personal experience cause i was one of those kids who was on an all sugar diet. now i'm trying to be the opposite of that.

Where we live, we start seeing 'public service' announcements on television during the month of October.  We are told we cannot give out any 'goodie' that's homemade  or not factory sealed and if a parent finds these things in their children's bag they should throw it away.  Just last year some sicko put a laxative in chocolate chip cookies that were served at a school sponsered Halloween Party for elementary kids.  This year, there will be no Halloween celebrations in schools at all.  Someone decided this holiday is a 'religious event'.  Hmmm.

Donna

Hi Donna,

We live in a gated community and everyone knows everyone else.  It's a bit more relaxed atmosphere here and lots people give away home made goods.  I guess it's different everywhere. 

Apple Person? Apple Entity? (I'm assuming you don't want Applegal)?

Applegal works for me :)  It makes me sound younger than the applelady  ;D