Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Drugs CREATING so called "mental illnesses"!!

[Ro...]

I was being bullied at work by a mentally ill boss because I was trying to do my job right and he wouldn't let me.  I couldn't sleep at night because I was afraid to go into work.  Then his buddy bully bosses and higher management had it in for me and I had a breakdown from benzo tolerance w/d and the stress from the bullying. 

I was being bullied at work by a mentally ill boss because I was trying to do my job right and he wouldn't let me.  I couldn't sleep at night because I was afraid to go into work.  Then his buddy bully bosses and higher management had it in for me and I had a breakdown from benzo tolerance w/d and the stress from the bullying.

I'm very sorry. Why did you go on the FIRST drug? I think you have stated that you were in benzo tolerance while this happened.

The bullying started immediately when I started this one job and I took the benzo's then and kept taking them for the 3 years while working at this place and being bullied.  Went into tolerance w/d rather early on and didn't know it and yet kept getting bullied by various bosses and coworkers who had it out for me and were working against me.  When you stand up for what's right on the job, you're going to have lots of enemies trying to shut you up.  The working world is corrupt for the most part and I was stupid and thought I could fight the system and make things right; they destroyed and crushed me and so did the pills. 

A lot, but a lot of folk start with a relatively minor complaint and overtime they end up prescribed with more and more psychopharma drugs. Then many mysteriously develop some form of mental illness irrespectively. You go to see a psychic doctor (that's what they are in fact) and you'll come out with a diagnosis and script in your hand, that's the beginning of the road to hellville

I'm speaking from my personal experience and from other people's that I've known personally. 

A lot, but a lot of folk start with a relatively minor complaint and overtime they end up prescribed with more and more psychopharma drugs. Then many mysteriously develop some form of mental illness irrespectively. You go to see a psychic doctor (that's what they are in fact) and you'll come out with a diagnosis and script in your hand, that's the beginning of the road to hellville

I'm speaking from my personal experience and from other people's that I've known personally. 

this is so damn true and i also know some folks who started off with a minor complaint

and once they have trusted the............you know what, they have become permanent

''guests'' at the ''psychiatric hotels''. incredible but sooooooo true. >:(

this is so damn true and i also know some folks who started off with a minor complaint

and once they have trusted the............you know what, they have become permanent

''guests'' at the ''psychiatric hotels''. incredible but sooooooo true. >:(

Agreed! I'm convinced that a lot of what's labeled mental illness is just a normal reaction to a bad situation. Becksblue's story is one example. If you're bullied at work, of course you'll feel anxious. That's a normal reaction, not sickness. Doctors should try to figure out if something in the patient's life is causing the distress, and then help them change their life or at least learn some coping skills.

I'm not saying there's no such thing as mental illness, just that doctors shouldn't be so quick to label someone mentally ill.

Rather than my shrink believing me that I was being tormented by an incompetent and mentally ill boss and other incompetents, he just stated that I had problems at work with coworkers, like it was my problem or something.  One therapist insinuated I was a snob when I didn't want to associate with some rude girls at work. 

Even double blind studies are useless. Want to know why? Because all of the people who drop out of the study due to 'side effects' are not counted. Only the ones who complete the study and manage to bear the effects of the drugs are counted. If your side effects are significant, you aren't going to complete the study.

Even double blind studies are useless. Want to know why? Because all of the people who drop out of the study due to 'side effects' are not counted. Only the ones who complete the study and manage to bear the effects of the drugs are counted. If your side effects are significant, you aren't going to complete the study.

i am thinking the same. you are so right i guess. :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that mental illness exists.  It absolutely does.  But the way it's diagnosed is absolute gutter science.  New disorders are voted into the DSM every few years by people with a financial stake in pharmaceutical companies. 

A whopping FIFTEEN new disorders have been added to the DSM-5, some of which include:

Caffeine Withdrawal

Hoarding

Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder

Cannabis Withdrawal

Excoriation (Skin-Picking) Disorder

Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder

Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder

Many psych meds can worsen the very symptoms they're meant to treat.  Take SSRI's for example:  they're touted as the first-line treatment for depression but may cause suicidal ideation in some users.  Benzos treat anxiety but can cause worse anxiety between doses or upon cessation.  And the list goes on. 

Disorders with fancy-sounding names like "Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified" are treated with the same broad-spectrum drugs as schizophrenia.  Diagnosis depends not on objective tests but on the ability of patients to communicate their symptoms and the ability of doctors to subjectively interpret them. 

Not exactly scientific. 

I don't doubt that mental illness exists.  It absolutely does.  But the way it's diagnosed is absolute gutter science.  New disorders are voted into the DSM every few years by people with a financial stake in pharmaceutical companies. 

A whopping FIFTEEN new disorders have been added to the DSM-5, some of which include:

Caffeine Withdrawal

Hoarding

Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder

Cannabis Withdrawal

Excoriation (Skin-Picking) Disorder

Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder

Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder

Many psych meds can worsen the very symptoms they're meant to treat.  Take SSRI's for example:  they're touted as the first-line treatment for depression but may cause suicidal ideation in some users.  Benzos treat anxiety but can cause worse anxiety between doses or upon cessation.  And the list goes on. 

Disorders with fancy-sounding names like "Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified" are treated with the same broad-spectrum drugs as schizophrenia.  Diagnosis depends not on objective tests but on the ability of patients to communicate their symptoms and the ability of doctors to subjectively interpret them. 

Not exactly scientific.

Zero science!!!