Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

208 houses lost

[Pi...]

Thanks Penny,

I am out of the danger zone now.. I am down in Sydney.

The fire closest to my place is now back on Emergency Warning.. Embers are being blow from it around the place towards more houses. People will soon enough be running around putting them out.. Best of luck too them.

I am stuck down here having to comfort all the women, being treated like a child, as per usual...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ha...]

• [Pi...]

• [ar...]

• [Ga...]

Keeping up with it all Hashy, Abbott saying climate change playing no roll, though so early for fires. Now emergency fires south of Newcastle. Best of luck ,

Ara

Surprise surprise Arafura..

Just the other week the Greens deputy was chewed out for making that connection... All of the Liberal fanboys were furious over that... If Abbott has said that today.. I am not surprised that they are keeping quiet.. Haven't heard a peep out of them so far.

The reality is, OF COURSE climate change has an effect on fires... To believe otherwise is an absurdity. Sure everybody is entitled to their opinions, however this political viewpoint is only pushed to further their agenda for "dismantling" the carbon tax, and allowing all of their filthy super rich buddies to become even more filthy super rich... Again.. More absurdity...

If people think that pumping the crap into our atmosphere for as long as we have ( thats just modern industrialization too, lets pretend the last tens of thousands of years of humans intentionally burning forests to change habitats never existed....) willl have NO effect... Then really.. You need to take a trip in a Space Flight Simulator called "Orbiter".. It is FREE, and it should give you some perspective of just how small this planet really is when you can fly around the whole thing in 90minutes!!!

REGARDLESS of weather or not humans have an impact as well.. The fact of the matter is the climate IS changing, and of course the rate and intensity of fires would change along with that.

For Tony Abbott to go and implicate such a thing, when HE IS A VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER, is just absolute nonsense. He knows better, and if he has said such a thing, he is outright lying to tow a party agenda...

Now, all of that nonsense aside..

The fires in the Blue Mountains did not end up being as intense as predicted

For many areas, people are allowed to return to their homes, however the Springwood/Linksview blaze is still quiet dangerous, and it has remained on Emergency Warning. So people returning should be very careful, and keep an eye on that just incase.

We plan to return tomorrow morning, if things still look favorable.

We have dodged a bullet today!! I don't know what sort of damage has been done, but we have been lucky indeed... However there are also other fires causing some issues in other parts of the state, but the Blue Mountains fires still remain the most concern.

Will see how things go.. :)

Fixed wing water bombing aircraft crashed near Ulladulla. Condition of pilot unknown, rescue teams being  hampered by difficult terrain .

Residents allowed back to homes in Blue Mountains. :)

Ara.

The crashed aircraft near Ulladulla was an M18 Dromader, which are used as crop dusters, and for fighting fires.

The pilot has died.  They have not been able to retrieve him the last time I heard, due to the rugged terrain, and high winds and smokey conditions.

Our heart felt condolences for his family, and our eternal gratitude for his contributing in fighting these blazes.

We have returned to the Mountains for the day. We are still on alert for the fires, the danger is not over, however the winds fairly safe for the moment, however the State Mine Fire, and the Mt Victoria fire are back on Emergency Warning. The local Linksview/Springwood fire is still on Watch and Act.

More news to come abit later.

Take care all, stay safe. Peace.

Hi Hashy , awful I thought the wing had fallen off & guessed he was dead. I had been afraid of a crash in all that smoke, but thought would be a helicopter.

Quite windy here in Sydney.

Where do you get your name Hashy from?

Arafura

My lastname Arafura..

Rhymes with Hashbrown.

I shortened it to Hasher... People called me Hashy!

So I changed it to Hashy... People called me Hash.....

CANT WIN!!! xD