Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

off topic

[...]

I eat poultry or seafood with either potato's or steamed veggies and oatmeal for breakfast.

I try to keep it very plain and the same thing everyday.  It keeps me regular and that's a plus when tapering ::)

Like Birdman, I try to keep it simple. I eat the same thing everyday. Cereal and fake coffee for breakfast, a soy cheese/egg sandwich for lunch, a high-fiber muffin for an afternoon snack, and a soy "chicken" cutlet, plus a potato and veggies for dinner. Oh yes, I'm a vegetarian.

I try to drink lots of water as I'm not much of a fruit eater.

Yes, it's important to keep "regular"!!

Like Birdman, I try to keep it simple. I eat the same thing everyday. Cereal and fake coffee for breakfast, a soy cheese/egg sandwich for lunch, a high-fiber muffin for an afternoon snack, and a soy "chicken" cutlet, plus a potato and veggies for dinner. Oh yes, I'm a vegetarian.

I try to drink lots of water as I'm not much of a fruit eater.

Yes, it's important to keep "regular"!!

Do you bake your own muffins?? Or buy them somewhere?? I am very interested in these.

Denise

What are you eating? I am having problem eating a variety.  Are there any safe foodsoffoff

It makes sense that anything with MSG (or anything high in glutamate) MIGHT have an effect because during withdrawal our symptoms are due to an imbalance between GABA and glutamate. It is also POSSIBLE that stimulants could have the same effect. It makes sense that things that act on GABA receptors (like alcohol) should possibly be avoided.

That said, if you read enough posts someone will complain that just about anything you can think of makes symptoms worse. I don't doubt that posters believe what they post, but I never take it at face value as though it applies to me. I once avoided a lot of things that I have since tried, only to find they have no effect at all on me.

It's easy to blame a food when the effect might have just been a coincidence. If you never try the food again out of fear, you will never know.