Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

a new cat has imposed its self on me

[ru...]

yea i love cats and there every where here. actually there r a lot of cat feeders all over Israel, people who buy bulk bags of food and drop some in several places on every block. the stores also give discounts for bulk cat food since so many people feed them. i would do it my self but i don't have the money and also i live on a settlement which is very far away from town so lugging around bulk cat food by public transportation is a very difficult task for me at the moment but its really something i would like to do.

there's a lot of cats in my neighborhood but its nothing compared to Tel Aviv which has an unbelievable amount of stray cats. but the situation really isn't as bad as the scare campaigns by the spay neuter places to get money and fix cats which to me and others is pretty horrible.

they live pretty well here and if anybody was a cat lover then i would think they would want more cats not less. also because of the heat here and the length of the mating season which is about 9 months in Tel Aviv a single cat can have 3 pregnancy terms in one year so it makes a lot of cats.

the biblical injunction against spaying/neutering/castrating comes from Genesis 'G-d Blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and become many"' which is believed by the many of the sages to be a commandment telling all animals to mate and have offspring.

so if people r going around disabling animals from being fruitful and becoming many there stepping right on one of the very first commandments in the Torah that preceded even the creation of man.

of course this is unfortunately a mostly secular country and the people here don't believe this stuff or even know what to not believe so they just do what they think is right in there own eyes or want cause they know better then some book that they equate to being as valid as The Lord of The Rings series.