Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The woman shot in Wash DC

[Ma...]

Ya, a lot of us hate benzos and the Drs that perscribe them and such, but we cant blame everything that happens on them, I dont like it when people insist everything that happens is benzo related.

Benzy, you won't get an argument from me! The suggestion that this was a benzo related problem is completely unsupported by the known facts. The real issue was not benzos, but the way some people tried to excuse this person and blame the police. I think we all know why, and it has nothing to do with benzos..

well, who knows whos to blame, after that you sure wont get a straight answer from the government or the police.....

It was terribly unfortunate, I couldn't really see in the car, so I figure they had problems also..

but for all they knew, there could had been a madman in the car with her, or anything....

it was obvious that she was out of control....

I dont think, from what I saw, that it called for a firing squad reaction.....

she was trying to flee the scene.....

who will ever know the truth,,

Well the whole reason I got on benzos was for post partum issues.

I seriously doubt she was schizophrenic, the woman had a lot going for her.

She may not have been on benzos but other psych drugs give a withdrawal syndrome too.  Getting off lamactil for me was terrible.  I'm not saying it was benzos but psych drugs in general cause a lot of problems, more people wind up in the emergency room because of psych drugs than car accidents and that is a fact.

Believe what you want to believe.  If you think everything they report in the paper about her being nuts is accurate, well what can I say.  The news is always right and cops never cover up anything right?  Yeah.

A family member was on a talk show and said that she was tapered off a psych drug by her Dr.

They found risperidone, a medication to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, They also found paperwork listing escitalopram, an antidepressant commonly prescribed under the brand name Lexapro,

Did you guys know this?

This whole thing is due to extra normal fear symptoms as a result of her taper.

Let's see one of us get stuck in a checkpoint during our wd and see what we do. I bet we all freak out.

Let's see one of us get stuck in a checkpoint during our wd and see what we do. I bet we all freak out.

Bet we don't try to run down a policeman, race at 80 mph down a crowded street, crash into a police car, and refuse to stop when somebody shoots at us! Get real River Wolf.

With all due respect to everyone and how they feel about this tragic event, I hardly think River Wolf is on a high horse. He is merely expressing his frustrations of what happened. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Live and let live friends. ;)

Snoball

I tend not to believe very much in what the governments and their media tell us...They used to drive me mad with their spin, now I just read the news in disbelief. 

Well the whole reason I got on benzos was for post partum issues.

I seriously doubt she was schizophrenic, the woman had a lot going for her.

She may not have been on benzos but other psych drugs give a withdrawal syndrome too.  Getting off lamactil for me was terrible.  I'm not saying it was benzos but psych drugs in general cause a lot of problems, more people wind up in the emergency room because of psych drugs than car accidents and that is a fact.

Believe what you want to believe.  If you think everything they report in the paper about her being nuts is accurate, well what can I say.  The news is always right and cops never cover up anything right?  Yeah.

I'm sure this is true, I tapered paxil, on my own, after being on it 10 years, it was far harder on me than the benzo taper has been so far..