Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The woman shot in Wash DC

[Ma...]

Is anyone else disturbed by this story?

It seems to me this was a perfectly normal woman, whom the police officers caused to panic.  There is much talk of her "ramming the White House gates".  But initial eye witness reports said, that she was stopped at a metal makeshift barrier.  She attempted to go around the barrier, when an officer drug the gate back in front of her car, and started pounding on the car and screaming at her.

It seems to me, that this caused her to panic.  This was a plainclothes officer.  I think she felt highly threatened, and the whole situation escalated into a damn execution.  Simply because this woman panicked.

It seems now like a total smear campaign.  The combed her house and found pscyh meds.  Now they are saying she was obviously mentally disturbed.  This woman has no history of anything crazy.  She had post partum issues.  She apparently fell down some stairs in the last year and had a head injury.  But, she still had her own business, a nice car, a house, a mortgage, and a 1 year old child.  She was functioning in life pretty well it seems to me.

As a mother and someone who also has to deal with psych drugs, this is highly disturbing to me.

Is anyone else disturbed by this story?

It seems to me, that this caused her to panic.

I'm with you Marin.

I think that the entire situation has been grossly misunderstood, and peoples' knee jerk reactions have created a tragedy.

Now, the so called authorities have to spin it to advance their agendas and cover up their crimes.

Put yourself in her position;

You are hyper sensitive to stimulus – even a little incident can stir up intense fear.

You get trapped in a checkpoint with heavily armed personnel, you get scared and do not know how to act in the first few moments because you are trying to manage your fear.

This pause starts a reaction with the police and they go into an aggressive posture with their hands on their guns. Some draw their weapons and point them at you.

Your fear goes into a panic. At this point you automatically enter fight or flight - and you are not in a position to fight so you run.

Now everybody is reacting instead of acting with reasoning. You are out of control due to fear, and the police are out of control too, and they react into an unnecessary fear based aggressive attack and now the situation escalates into the tragic conclusion.

This could have happened to every single member here on BB.

We are all in a hyper sensitive state of fear and we probably would have panicked too.

I realize that the members here are sensitive and I hope this thread does not cause anyone problems. I just wanted to shed some much needed perspective and understanding on the Medias’ version of what happened.

River

Yeah, I am disturbed by it too.

It's a smear campaign as in:

"well, she's on medication--she must be nuts."

And that's nuts.

I feel for her family. This is tragic.

Best,

Iggy

Yes Marin, I am very sad about this tragedy. I feel very much for her poor family! This is just evidence to me that mental illness , or issues are not understood or tolerated by most so called normal people!

What a waste! I cry for this is a terrible situation!

I agree. I think its just another governmental screw up, preying on some no-name innocent lady who was forced into a difficult situation, bullied her into a panic and then just write her off as some "crazy" mom. It really sickens me actually. That lady was a mom who was in need of help, not execution. >:(

Her sisters were on the Today show this morning.  And OMG!!  They said that she was being helped by her physican to TAPER FROM DRUGS!  They did not say what drugs, but I certainly thought of Benzos from the beginning.  When are people going to start talking about THAT!  They overreacted to her state of mind.  They could have just followed her until they could get her stopped.  And I bet, once again.......it won't be talked about, the underlying reason for her state of mind...........................  :(

Well I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way about this situation.  I think our instincts about this situation are right.

Hopefully the truth will come out and there will be changes in policy.

The Media has ignored the real truth.

There are only 2 sources of truth on this story, and they come from the alternative media.    But this is usually where to find the truth anyway.

One day we will have a more kind and loving place to live.

The Media has ignored the real truth.

How can you know this? Were you there, or are you just choosing to believe those who may possibly have an agenda of their own?

Why are people so quick to sign up for conspiracy theories and mistrust the people who keep order in our society?

Do some research and you will see.

Hitting a person with a car is assault with a deadly weapon. I was not there either. Why do you choose to believe the story that places the law enforcement people in the wrong? Does it sound to you as though she was a rational law abiding citizen?

"At about 2:12 PM, Miriam Carey struck one of the White House barriers at the intersection of 15th St. and E St. NW across from Pennsylvania Avenue. NW, and ran into a Secret Service officer who fell on the hood of her car and rolled off.[1][2] The Secret Service attempted to arrest her as she drove away. Police gave chase up Pennsylvania and attempted to box her car in with at least four marked Secret Service cruisers at Garfield traffic circle on Capitol Hill grounds. Secret Service officers got out of their cars and surrounded her with guns drawn, shouting orders. Carey eluded the box-in by backing into the Secret Service cruiser behind her and driving away at high speed up Constitution Avenue, nearly striking half a dozen uniformed Secret Service officers in the process. She got as far as the northwest corner of the Capitol grounds in the vicinity of the Hart Senate Office Building, where she was forced off the road and fatally shot by police."

Maybe it's time to watch the movies ANIMAL FARM and 1984 again to remember what people were talking about over 50 years ago. So we are turning more violent, yes but why,,, but why???

That answer will lead you to the truth and you have to come to that conclusion on your own.  Knowing the truth is pointless if you have to be told the answer.  Why?????

Watch "V for Vendetta"

http://i.imgur.com/ovJvKFR.jpg

Did anyone read what meds? i read bi polar and schizophrenic. i dont really trust the news. not much in depth investigating.

im surprised she drove all the way from Ct :o

no one seems to say why.

Well I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way about this situation.  I think our instincts about this situation are right.

:thumbsup:

mp

Do some research and you will see.

Hitting a person with a car is assault with a deadly weapon. I was not there either. Why do you choose to believe the story that places the law enforcement people in the wrong? Does it sound to you as though she was a rational law abiding citizen?

"At about 2:12 PM, Miriam Carey struck one of the White House barriers at the intersection of 15th St. and E St. NW across from Pennsylvania Avenue. NW, and ran into a Secret Service officer who fell on the hood of her car and rolled off.[1][2] The Secret Service attempted to arrest her as she drove away. Police gave chase up Pennsylvania and attempted to box her car in with at least four marked Secret Service cruisers at Garfield traffic circle on Capitol Hill grounds. Secret Service officers got out of their cars and surrounded her with guns drawn, shouting orders. Carey eluded the box-in by backing into the Secret Service cruiser behind her and driving away at high speed up Constitution Avenue, nearly striking half a dozen uniformed Secret Service officers in the process. She got as far as the northwest corner of the Capitol grounds in the vicinity of the Hart Senate Office Building, where she was forced off the road and fatally shot by police."

I have read this, plus the fact she was being treated for postpartum depression, I googled around and didnt find where they would had treated anything she was experiencing with a benzo...

I also read that her family had said she was talking about the president and the government having her house on lockdown and such, before treatment....

Ya, a lot of us hate benzos and the Drs that perscribe them and such, but we cant blame everything that happens on them, I dont like it when people insist everything that happens is benzo related.