Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Oh where oh where...?

[7c...]

Coots48,

I believe he never went as far as to have the liver biopsy. I think he had blood work, possibly an ultrasound, and decided to check himself out of the hospital and resume drinking. The anger, the sarcasm, and the condescending behavior were back the day before his scheduled biopsy. I think he left the hospital that very day and resumed drinking. He is likely alive but certainly not for long if he continues in this manner. I stopped posting to his thread on Thursday when it was apparent the anger was back, knowing what it was leading up to. I wish him well. His journey won't be easy.  :(

Yes, he may have resumed drinking before he left hospital? He did get super agitated at me for using his name. So if it's true and real.... He is probably at home , using his drugs of choice.

Who knows...? Trouble is we really feel left up in the air don't we.

Yes, I saw that post Pinkee and felt badly for the way he lashed out towards you. I think by that point, at the very least, his mind was already made up as to which direction he was going to choose. Unfortunately, it wasn't the one we were all hoping for. If you google liver biopsy risks, they are very minimal. It's a very safe procedure. He's not dead as the last posts on his thread hint at. He's alive, drinking, and on a downward spiral which is truly, truly sad.

[c1...]

I am absolutely certain that he is still in hospital and has got fed up with BB  for some reason (or sudden change of mood).  I expected his thread would end like this and I am also certain that he, not his brother concocted his last few posts.

He did contact Una, so hopefully she has got back to him by now and given him some sensible advice.

Don't forget that he is on 120 mg valium x 3 a day (according to him) so he must be off his trolley logic wise and mood wise atm

Let's stop worrying about him, wish him well,  and move on.

I personally feel he never even went to the hospital. If you look back at his thread right before his "hospitalization" public opinion had really started to turn against him. Next day he is in a hospital bed and saying he may be there up to 2 months. I took some flak at the time for even mentioning that he needed to be in a hospital. There are a ton of discrepancies I could point out and yes, can be chalked up to confusion if you give him the benefit of the doubt but there is just too much beside that. Do you really think his "brother" would use the phrase "flawed genius" or that having just lost his brother would have nothing else to do but post a few times on a message board. Just my opinion. I truly respect everyone who defended him and tried to help. I wouldn't call it a hoax but I would feel fine calling it a combination of alcohol, drugs, and a severe psychiatric disorder. He did hint a while ago that he may have borderline personality disorder- people suffering from that are sometimes known for threatening suicide over and over.

I really don't know whether this individual is legit or a cat among the pigeons.

But I do love you guys for your steadfast belief and willingness to help him.

I think that's a beautiful thing and whether he comes back or is gone for good ....

He was very blessed to have you in his life, even if for just a fleeting moment.

Chinook :hug:

I have watched this thread from the beginning and never posted for  reasons of my own but I just want to say now that the support that was given to this troubled individual was nothing short of amazing  from a  group of caring loving individuals who are here suffering with their own set of problems and it all just shows what a caring group of buddies you all, ,my hat is off to all of you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ladygrace12 :smitten:

I find it interesting someone started this up again it was difficult to deal with the first time

My question is why start this up again or do people thrive on this sh t ????

The posts that Dandy made certainly seemed to change tone from time to time. Perhaps the effects of medication.

Is there anything from stopping him starting up a new membership on BB under a different name?

I hope everyone is feeling better soon! :)

[7c...]

Ultimately, whatever his situation or motivation I want to go on record as stating that I feel sad for Dandy in that he has now lost full access to this incredible support forum. Perhaps, someday, in a moment or time of genuine need, he will realize the magnitude of just how much he has lost for himself.

I am proud to belong to a site so filled with remarkably unconditionally compassionate people whose comportment during some very trying episodes was terrific, and whose capacity for forgiveness and tolerance was absolutely outstanding. Each and every one of you is a winner in my book. I, for one, could not have made it this far in this benzo nightmare if not for the knowledge, experience, information and support of such incredible people. Thank you everyone.

I want to thank everybody who offers their love and compassion and has an intention to help others.

This forum is an amazing entity.  Thank you.

River

The posts that Dandy made certainly seemed to change tone from time to time. Perhaps the effects of medication.

Is there anything from stopping him starting up a new membership on BB under a different name?

I hope everyone is feeling better soon! :)

As per the rules of the forum members can only have one account. Should he start another account without contacting the admin team, I'm sure his writing style would give him away at which time the team would decide what to do.

I don't know where to post this Hope so I hope you see it here.

I want Alabamawerle to come back and continue on with the fantastic job she was doing.

She hasn't posted since September 29th and it makes me so sad that we may have lost her.

I'm glad that many members offered their support and compassion to a person who is suffering, but it would be nice to see that same degree of support and loyalty extended to Alabama who, out of her respect for the forum and it's members, took on this very hard and probably often thankless job.

Sorry, don't want to make waves, just wanted to write what was on my mind.

Thank you.

Chinook

I don't know where to post this Hope so I hope you see it here.

I want Alabamawerle to come back and continue on with the fantastic job she was doing.

She hasn't posted since September 29th and it makes me so sad that we may have lost her.

I'm glad that many members offered their support and compassion to a person who is suffering, but it would be nice to see that same degree of support and loyalty extended to Alabama who, out of her respect for the forum and it's members, took on this very hard and probably often thankless job.

Sorry, don't want to make waves, just wanted to write what was on my mind.

Thank you.

Chinook

I'll make sure she sees this Chinook.  :smitten:  Thank you for your words of support.

i personally think Dandy had to become upset at times with some postings that normally no one would be upset about... i don't really think he was ever truly upset!  :o maybe things got to close to the bone for him. whatever his intentions were/are.

we may be seeing his writing style around here at some point. ;)