Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Opinions sought

[89...]

I had this odd thought pop into my benzo-addled brain. Geniuses possess more gray matter, hence more neurons. Do you think that would mean that a genius would have a tougher time with benzo withdrawal because of having more neurons? I was just wondering what other people's thoughts and ideas might be on this question.

I had this odd thought pop into my benzo-addled brain. Geniuses possess more gray matter, hence more neurons. Do you think that would mean that a genius would have a tougher time with benzo withdrawal because of having more neurons? I was just wondering what other people's thoughts and ideas might be on this question.

I don't know, it's an interesting question, though.  I qualify, IQ wise, or at least I did once upon a time, but if I had to take the Mensa entrance test again, 30 years after the fact, I don't think I'd make it this time.......

Most important to me is the fact that my creativity is coming back with a vengeance, and since it's an essential part of my identity (I used to make my living as a painter), I'm overjoyed with that...

:thumbsup:

I do wonder what the average IQ of users on benzo buddies is?? Good question!

I'd say above average IQ.  Then there is the will power thing.  I am surrounded by bottles of benzo's and I am choosing to taper.  I tell my close family I have a drug problem and then show them a bottle filled with pills.  They instinctively want to take it away from me like "I AM A DRUG FIEND OUT OF CONTROL".  I tell them that's not how it is at all.  They do not understand.  I feel like you people here are the ONLY people in the world that can relate to me.  I love BB as it's the only place I feel normal at times. No body else in my family gets it.  Few people really understand this and no one group I have found has the compassion BB'ers have.

"This thing is hardest on those that are smartest" ... I've noticed it from the beginning. I believe it's true. Whether or not it's due to a preponderance of neuro matter, or we just seek out all possible answers - that's one for the scientists.

M.  :)

SLippery slope to be thinking the people here are higher IQ than the rest of people getting off benzos. 

I don't think IQ or intelligence it makes any difference at all.

I have never thought I was brilliant. I always have to work hard to achieve in most ventures. I studied for 6 yrs to become a dressmaker. I also studied to become a photographer. I worked very hard to be the best I could be though. What ever I do , I demand a high standard of myself.

That's why I have such a problem cutting myself slack when it comes to how I ended up here in the first place!

To me it would be far more logical to say it's the other way around, but I don't think there's a correlation at all. I don't even know if it's true that very smart people possess more gray matter.

To me it would be far more logical to say it's the other way around, but I don't think there's a correlation at all. I don't even know if it's true that very smart people possess more gray matter.

Science says it's not how much gray matter but how it is organized.  Then this brain organization can make someone a prodigy with a piano but that same person can be baffled when changing a spare tire.  I think we are all good at some things and not so good at others.  Now the rare people that can do everything perfectly are called  JAMES BOND 007 :laugh: