Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Observations of the D-man threads

[0d...]

A certain poster comes on to BB each time citing an overdose crisis or other crisis. Then, this person becomes vindictive, sarcastic, and makes verbal attacks. I've watched this 3 times now. What I don't understand is why others feel it is necessary to continually engage in a verbal duel with this poster each time, playing right into his hands. I understand making one's point in trying to be supportive, and if met with a vindictive backlash, then move on. Repeatedly returning sarcasm with sarcasm is obviously entertaining this individual to no end because this process goes on FOR SEVERAL HOURS each time. It ends the same...the poster claims another crisis, signs off, then in days or weeks signs on again with another tale of hospital adventure and the whole thing begins again.  I am not saying if the claims are true or false. I laud those who try to help. But I don't quite agree with those who find a need to needle this person because he is smug, self-entitled, feels superior, and is narcissistic. I say, let it go. Post honestly and supportively, even if it is unpleasant reality, then move on. Don't feed this person's pathological need to stir everyone up by repeatedly playing tit-for-tat with him.  Say your bit and drop it. This approach may reduce some of the drama of this poster's visits, thereby possibly making this behavior less effective for him here and the manner of these visits to this site less appealing.  These are just my observations.  I may be wrong, but I am starting to feel like this is a situation that should be handled only by the moderators. Just my 2 cent opinion.

I agree with you. Whether or not this poster is real or just a troll is not for me to decide. All the character traits he is displaying could very easily be explained away by the use of high doses of drugs and alcohol. I see an awful lot of paranoia, stubbornness, depression, antagonism, anger, denial etc in his posts, which we all know can be signs of drug dependency, but then those things could also be explained by him simply being a troll.

I guess we have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt who posts here, and if they are a troll then they will have to deal with their own conscience. If they are for real, then other posters can only offer the best support and advice they can, and then they have to back off. This is what I have chosen to do, because I can’t offer any better advice than what dozens of other people have already offered.

However, I do agree that there is no point continuing to engage with this poster once he has gotten to the point of antagonism and denial. No one wins when that happens, and it only upsets those who don’t need that anxiety. In a way this is similar to the other poster who has posted recently that he is determined to c/t off a high dose of benzo, despite the many warnings he’s had not to. Everyone has to make their own choices.

This place is for people who want to get off benzos.

Not sure if Dandyhighwayman wants to get off benzos at this time.

In the UK doctors don't prescribe more than 60mgs of valium, and in my very small experience of drug services, here, they mainly cater for heroin and alcohol users.

He needs to be ready to come off, and then, if he starts demonstrating that he is ready to come off, maybe we can help him then.

There is a way to safely taper off klonopin, even huge amounts, but being in the UK, klonopin is not easy to get hold of, as I've never heard it being prescribed here.

I think he needs to deal with his psychological issues around drink and drugs, and maybe then, he will be ready to taper, but until then, I agree with above, arguing is a waste of time.

We're not here to argue, we're here to get off benzos and help deal with benzo withdrawal symptoms and related problems.